[Q]Receive High Volume SMS Inbound

Search This thread

semibaron

Apr 30, 2012
Hello,

I know this isn't the right forum for my question, but it is still related to phones/network/sms and maybe you could help me.

We want to be able to receive SMS of high volumes through an SMS Inbound service from all over the world and transfer the user phone number in our database. With high volumes I am talking about up to 50,000 SMS/minute per long number.

I found this definition:

Long Number: A long number is a phone number connected directly to a SMSC (a SMS Center, the servers used by mobile carriers to manage SMS) and is, therefore, able to manage a high number of SMS (similar in terms of capacity to a short code). Caution: some providers are just using a SIM card in a modem and selling this as a “long number” but a SIM card has limited capacity. Try to receive 100 SMS in less than one minute on your phone; you will understand why there is a difference. Long numbers are usually reachable from other countries. For example, Spanish Mobile user can send an SMS to a UK long number. Sending a text to this UK long number will cost the same as sending a text to a UK mobile user (standard international rate).

Now we have several questions:

1.) What is the usual maximum of receivable SMS we can expect from a long number? Can they catch up with our requirements?

2.) Do the network operators have somekind of a SMS anti-spam protection? Will we trigger it?

3.) Is it true that a long number can be reached from any country or are there limitations?

Can you recommend any SMS inbound provider?

Your help will be grately appreciated. Thank you.