New Launcher idea request

Search This thread

Nx Biotic

Oct 26, 2010
PA, USA
rgocal.github.io
Im thinking about putting together a new launcher exclusively for the Ouya. I see a few have arised but died over time so id like to build one that gets alot of users and support.
Just wanna see these forums spark up. We have a great device but appearance and style is important to alot of people so i think thats why alot of people look down on the ouya.

It will only be for stock firmware and for both rooted/non-rooted users and work beside the ouya store launcher.

Id like to see some request and il see what i can put together. Its a game console, not a tablet, not a phone and all those 3rd party launchers make it feel more like an original device and not a console

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk

brandogg

Jul 27, 2008
I think XBMC (for the most part) is the ideal "launcher" for any console. Really the stock Ouya launcher is pretty good, at least in terms of appearance. I'd be happy to test a launcher (or possibly contribute) as well. I've written a few Android apps, no launchers though. I'll be done with summer classes in a couple weeks (still work full time though), so I could definitely lend a hand if you wanted.

Reactions: Nx Biotic

toxicbubbles

Oct 13, 2011
i9100
Moto X Play
Take a look at custom ouya launcher which was really great replacement for the stock launcher unfortunately it's not updated any more but I think it did a lot of things right, more customisation would have been nice, like reordering apps but the dev stopped updating. Here's a link to the old forum
http://ouyaforum.com/showthread.php?6515-Custom-OUYA-Launcher
I still use this over the stock launcher
Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited:

mrnathanman

May 30, 2013
I would love a launcher specifically for the ouya. The original launcher has no options and limited capability. It would be nice to have a custom launcher with the ouya discover store integrated... But I know that is probably a ton of work. So just a good "TV oriented" launcher would be really nice.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Im thinking about putting together a new launcher exclusively for the Ouya. I see a few have arised but died over time so id like to build one that gets alot of users and support.
    Just wanna see these forums spark up. We have a great device but appearance and style is important to alot of people so i think thats why alot of people look down on the ouya.

It will only be for stock firmware and for both rooted/non-rooted users and work beside the ouya store launcher.

Id like to see some request and il see what i can put together. Its a game console, not a tablet, not a phone and all those 3rd party launchers make it feel more like an original device and not a console

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk
    That would be great, I'm looking forward to try this. Anytime you want to test something, please let me know...
    I think XBMC (for the most part) is the ideal "launcher" for any console. Really the stock Ouya launcher is pretty good, at least in terms of appearance. I'd be happy to test a launcher (or possibly contribute) as well. I've written a few Android apps, no launchers though. I'll be done with summer classes in a couple weeks (still work full time though), so I could definitely lend a hand if you wanted.
    Take a look at custom ouya launcher which was really great replacement for the stock launcher unfortunately it's not updated any more but I think it did a lot of things right, more customisation would have been nice, like reordering apps but the dev stopped updating. Here's a link to the old forum
    http://ouyaforum.com/showthread.php?6515-Custom-OUYA-Launcher
    I still use this over the stock launcher
    Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    I would love a launcher specifically for the ouya. The original launcher has no options and limited capability. It would be nice to have a custom launcher with the ouya discover store integrated... But I know that is probably a ton of work. So just a good "TV oriented" launcher would be really nice.