tun.ko for mt3gs, kernel 2.6.29-5f8ed145

Search This thread

eratosthene

Mar 5, 2009
I haven't seen this posted anywhere, and I thought it might be useful. I'm using eugene's SlideMR1v4, which doesn't have the tun module. I'm trying to get Cisco VPN connections working (using get-a-robot-vpnc), so I compiled this kernel module from the official android kernel (git://android.git.kernel.org/kernel/msm.git), using the android-msm-2.6.29 branch. The module compiled correctly, and it seems to insert into the kernel correctly. It gives me /dev/tun and /dev/net/tun devices. I haven't gotten vpnc to work completely; although it will connect to my Cisco VPN just fine, it doesn't seem to route packets. Anyway, this file might be useful to you guys, and if anyone has gotten Cisco VPN to work correctly on the mt3gs, let me know.

Edit [2010-07-29]: Updated the zip with a new build based off of the legend kernel source posted on HTC's web site. Supposedly it is the same as the one on stock Slide.

Attachments

• tun-v2.zip
    69.3 KB · Views: 137
Last edited:
J

jdkoreclipse

is it overclock or undervolted?

Sent from my Incredible using XDA App

r0man

Apr 17, 2009
Seattle
is it overclock or undervolted?

Sent from my Incredible using XDA App

How do I install this,... via Recovery....or what

Sent From My HTC Espresso Running Froyo Thanks to eugene373

DoubleFacePalm.jpg

HebrewToYou

Feb 9, 2010
Seriously.

People, for the love of all that is good and right, read the post before commenting. This isn't a custom kernel -- it's a module for the .29 kernel that is already in use on your Slide. And if you do not know how to compile/insert a module into a kernel, you truly should not be inquiring *here* as to how to do so.

Meh.

pagantek

Jun 25, 2010
A double facepalm! Wow.... Such strong sentiment. My Cubemate told me to shut the hell up; I couldnt stop laughing. Thanks for the humor - i needed that.

On the other side. Great job compiling this module, i'm sure that someone will absolutly need it, our Cisco vpn saturation is only about 30% of our serviced companies, so someone out there might want to do this with their android device. Saving post in favorites. (i foresee the boss asking about it.)

Last edited:

r0man

Apr 17, 2009
Seattle
Seriously.

People, for the love of all that is good and right, read the post before commenting. This isn't a custom kernel -- it's a module for the .29 kernel that is already in use on your Slide. And if you do not know how to compile/insert a module into a kernel, you truly should not be inquiring *here* as to how to do so.

Meh.
<3

Hahaha... r0man.. that was one of the funniest posts Ive seen in a long time...

Thanks for the humor, guys! My thoughts exactly. Anybody else actually tried this out?

A double facepalm! Wow.... Such strong sentiment. My Cubemate told me to shut the hell up; I couldnt stop laughing. Thanks for the humor - i needed that.

-snip-

Heh, no problem gents :D

Fordude

Jun 8, 2010
Minneapolis
www.shoutlife.com
LOL, Well, I actually put a [REQ] thread on this over 1 month ago but I see it is gone now.

Gonna try this on mine!

............................................______ __
....................................,.-‘”.................``~.,
.............................,.-”................................“-.,
.........................,/..........................................”:,
.....................,?........................... ....................\,
.................../.................................................. ..,}
................./.................................................. ...,:`
.............../................................................,: ”....../
..............?.....__............................ ..........:`......../
............./__.(.....“~-,_............................,:`......../
.........../(_....”~,_........“~,_....................,:`..... ..._/
..........{.._$;_......”=,_.......“-,_.......,.-~-,},.~”;/....}
...........((.....*~_.......”=-._......“;,,./`..../”............../
...,,,___.\`~,......“~.,....................`..... }............../
............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-”
............/.`~,......`-...............................\....../\
.............\`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....\,__
,,_..........}.>-._\...................................|........... ...`=~-,
.....`=~-,_\_......`\,.................................\
...................`=~-,,.\,...............................\
................................`:,,.............. .............`\..............__
.....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``
........................................_\........ ..._,-%.......`\

eratosthene

Mar 5, 2009
This module is for Eclair, Froyo uses a newer kernel. I haven't gotten around to installing Froyo on my phone, since it doesn't seem nearly as usable. That being said, I can probably compile it for the Froyo kernel if somebody will run a 'uname -a' on their Froyo install and post the output.