Root,Unroot,Roms,CWM,Stock,Hotspot, + Tips! [Over 25+!] [Mac + Windows!]11/18/12

Search This thread

techfanatic9

Mar 31, 2012
Vernon Hills, IL
www.androidrootz.com
Hi,
I have unrooted gnex with jelly bean paranormal android rom. Unrooted by gnex toolkit. I used the unroot guide for windows from this topic.
but when I open odin I don't see yellow bar that means I don't have drivers installed guide says. But I did install them, I used gnex toolkit and I can see my phone serial number in both fastbood/adb which means drivers are installed correctly. What should I do? Ty.

Make sure your in download and mode, try a different USB port, and restart your computer.

Shiesh1

Sep 16, 2011
Hey guys prob a silly question but does it matter if my build number is as attached as in .19.....

Shiesh1

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1348961766441.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1348961766441.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 203

Shiesh1

Sep 16, 2011
Will restoring the phone back and unrooting re lock the bootloader?

Sorry I'm a bit of newb :rolleyes:

Thanks

Shiesh1

Shiesh1

Sep 16, 2011
Basically just wanted to know if it'll re-lock the bootlosder. Thanks

Guides for Windows!:

How to Restore Galaxy Nexus i9250 to Stock Ice Cream Sandwich [GSM] [Windows] [Video/Step-by-Step Guide]

How to Unroot Galaxy Nexus on Jelly Bean / Ice Cream Sandwich i9250 [GSM] [Windows] [Video/Step-by-Step Guide]

Shiesh1

techfanatic9

Mar 31, 2012
Vernon Hills, IL
www.androidrootz.com
Basically just wanted to know if it'll re-lock the bootlosder. Thanks

Guides for Windows!:

How to Restore Galaxy Nexus i9250 to Stock Ice Cream Sandwich [GSM] [Windows] [Video/Step-by-Step Guide]

How to Unroot Galaxy Nexus on Jelly Bean / Ice Cream Sandwich i9250 [GSM] [Windows] [Video/Step-by-Step Guide]

Shiesh1

No they will not, but you can use the Galaxy Nexus Toolkit Here, to re-lock your bootloader.

Reactions: Shiesh1

kunalwanvari

Apr 6, 2012
mumbai
gizmophiliacs.com
so i got a nexus today .. however i found it was already boot unlocked and pre rooted .. and had sm fkd up apex mod ics .. how do i revert to stock ? so i cont to t official updates ?

tommy.m86

Oct 10, 2012
Vienna
@kunalwanvari
Find out what Divece you have (yakjuxu, yakjuxw, yakjujp, toro,...)

1) Download and extract the right Stock images (I'm new here so ican't post links, but google "galaxy nexus stock images" and u will find it)
2) Boot into Bootloader Mode
3) fastboot flash bootloader <Bootloader-File.img>
4) fastboot reboot-bootloader
5) fastboot flash radio <Radio-File.img>
6) fastboot reboot-bootloader
7) fastboot flash system <System-File.img>
8) fastboot flash userdata <Userdata-File.img>
9) fastboot flash boot <Boot-File.img>
10)fastboot flash recovery <Recovery-File.img>
11)fastboot erase cache
12)fastboot reboot
13)wait for the Welcome screen

Maybe there is a easyer way via GNex Toolkit but i dont know GNex Toolkit

edit: found a better step by step guide here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1626895

Last edited:

nooblezoo

Oct 12, 2012
Ok I am having a huge issue. I hate asking question have searched high and low and no one either has a solution, or has my problem.

I have a Nexus, Verizon, 4.1.1 JRO030 rooted. I am attempting to remove the text limitation. I downloaded an app from google play and lets just say that was outdated. Waste of money.......There is a thread here on modifying the .dbs is certain spots I did that on every time I restart the records are not saving.

Now when I say restart I am not actually restarting, for some off reason I do not have that option only power off, so I turn the phone off then back on. I guess my first question would be could this be the reason the entries I am adding are not saving.

I am willing to offer some money/donation to any who can help me remove this limit and get the app I am trying to use to run smoothly, I have spent hours and hours and have finally hit a brick wall.

Thank you
nooblezoo

skinniezinho

Sep 5, 2010
Aveiro
Just a quick question.
Right now I am on stock 4.1.2 +root.
I am thinking about installing a recovery (through Nexus Root Toolkit).
Should I first flash 4.2 (to flash latest radio,bla bla bla) and then root+recovery+rom, or just recovery+rom on 4.1.2?

ArtemProc

Nov 28, 2012
Insecure boot image for Nexus with 4.2

Can't find one,so make myself. I hope it will help some if yoy.It's works great, tested just boot with and you can perform necessary commands to root your device
It's for maguro.

Attachments

• reboot.zip
    4.3 MB · Views: 4
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts