ASUS Transformer Root ToolKit V7.1 Universal (Windows) | 2011-09-22

Search This thread

brk

May 13, 2008
Portugal
New tool for rooting all eee Pad versions. Get it here: Asus Transformer Root ToolKit V8.0

Universal root toolkit v7.1

Hi all. Universal root toolkit v7.1 is now available. This is a upgraded version of my old v6 script. It is now universal and it creates the modified boot image and the CWM Recovery image with your own stock images. This is like the Universal script from Rebound821 but ported to Windows and with a GUI (graphic user interface) and some more tools. After several beta versions, at last the v7.1 final version is available.
XDA video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ja1IL_kg7vo

This method still doesn't work for B70 revision Pads
Note: some users have reported that with this script they have successfully root their pad. It seems that some B70 rev. pads don't have the new bootloader

What you can do with this tool:
- Root your pad in a simple way
- Backup boot, stock (and system)
- Restore backup
- Flash custom rom (in NVflash flavor)

Screen shots:

What you need:
- Asus Transformer Eee Pad with Asus USB cable
- Asus sync and drivers installed in windows
- Know how to get to APX mode
- Know how to turn USB Development on (in android)
- Install built-in nvidia drivers
- Read the instructions
- Know what you are doing.
- dot.net framework 4.0 (download from microsoft)

NOTE: I still need your help to get this program better. I tested the program myself with my pad and it worked fine., but if it doesn't work for you don't just say it doesn't work! Please make a print screen of the error, and send it to me, with a description of what happened and pad version. Only this way I can check if there are still errors in the program.
Thanks.

After installing CWM with this tool, please go to http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1213723 and update CWM recovery to last version available.

Download: Brk's Asus Root ToolKit V7.1 Universal
Mirror: Brk's Asus Root ToolKit V7.1 Universal

Disclaimer: Use at your own risk.

Hi all,
This started has a front-end for the "Pure Root" method original from Mashi, and has grown to something more than that. I've to say thanks for all the other members that have help me with this, because this has become a community script, I'm only one part of the gear that "makes the world turn". Thanks to you all.

Why "unsecure"? Because this method changes a security flag in the boot image that allows to push superuser binary, superuser.apk and busybox through ADB. I call it "unsecure" instead of "insecure" because this method doesn't turn you pad to a insecure pad, only opens a window to make superuser available.

For history purposes:
I've created a batch script, using mashi "Pure Root" original scripts and implemented some others, that makes rooting transformer more user friendly.
I added some other functionalities, like backing up current (or stock) boot and recovery, and also scripts for install busybox, install stock boot or(unroot) and stock recovery (you need this for install OTA updates).
Original 8.4.4.11 Root Boot images are mashi work, so thank him for is work. Thanks Gee One for HC3.2 US unsecure boot.img and for the explaining on how to unsecure images. Thanks rebound821 for your great script that makes it very simple. Thanks Rayman for the BlobTools and the BootTools.

Disclaimer:
As is usual, use this at your own risk. You can open the script to see what it does (there are no tricks here). If you find a bug please report it.

If your pc OS is Linux you can root with this script: Universal root for stock firmware. It makes everything very very very simple :)

Please read FAQ before trying to root your pad. Please read the menu from top to bottom before trying to do anything. This script has worked for many people, if it doesn't work for you it's because you have made an error in the process. Read FAQ again and start from beginning.
Unzip the file and double click "Brk.RootKit.bat" file and follow the menus.
Read About/FAQ option in menu for instructions.

Notice that you still have to install APX driver (driver folder included) and ADB need to be able to communicate with your pad.

To install APX driver:
1- turn off your pad
2- Connect pad to computer (windows)
3- Press Volume UP + Power Button at same time
4- Windows should pop a sound like it found a new hardware
4.1. Pad screen will stay off/black
4.2. Find the icon of "searching for driver" in windows
4.3. Click in the option to make windows stop looking for driver.
5. In control panel open system>Hardware devices
5.1. Find a yellow icon with exclamation mark saying APX
5.2. right mouse click and choose Update driver
5.3. in wizard select to find yourself the driver
5.4. Point driver update to usbpcdriver in rootkit folder
5.5. let windows intall apx driver
6. Continue with batch script

OLD version
For HC3.1 and HC3.2 beta
V5 beta 6 update:
For people having rooted 8.4.4.11, it's easy to flash Roach's 8.6.5.6 US or 8.6.5.6 WW CWM zip update (I recommend this!).

If you have a rooted 8.4.4.11 with CWM Recovery pad and you insist on using this method to update your pad, to make OTA update install you only have to restore stock Recovery, you don't have to restore stock boot. After that you can install OTA upgrade and then you can root again with this method

OLD V5 beta 6 download:
download link: v5 beta 6 here
mirror:v5 beta 6 here multiupload mirror

OLD versions V6 for HC3.2 only

if you have other version (HC3.1), please update to HC3.2 first

How to root - Mini-fast-guide
1. Put your pad in APX mode and select option 1 to backup your current boot.img and recovery.img (recommended)
2. Turn your pad off and reboot to APX again
3. With your pad in APX mode, select option 4 to install the unsecure boot.img and recovery (optional)
4. reboot your pad to android OS
5. Go to settings>applications>development and check USB debugging
6. Check is ADB is working with option 7
7. Select option 5 to install superuser binary and superuser.apk
8. Select option 6 to install busybox
9. reboot
10. Done. In android apps you should see an app called superuser. Try a program that needs root (like titanium backup) and check if it asks to get root access

PrintScreen:

Last edited:

Coroner

Feb 28, 2007
Thank you for the script, it works with my ww Version.

But i have problems with de recovery. I can not boot into recovery. I have always a normal rebbot when i try to boot in recovery.
I have flash back to Stock Recovery. When i try to boot into recovery, it shows a green Android with a yellow exclamation mark in the middle.

What can i do?

Reactions: balnat

turbulent28

Mar 2, 2010
Does this address the "issue" of people not being able to install clockwork? Also, is the us image included here already? (i know it wasnt when you posted it in the pure root thread)

I was close to attempting to root my TF (latest update 4.11) but read a lot of people having issues not being able to install clockwork

Thanks

brk

May 13, 2008
Portugal

But i have problems with de recovery. I can not boot into recovery. I have always a normal rebbot when i try to boot in recovery.
I have flash back to Stock Recovery. When i try to boot into recovery, it shows a green Android with a yellow exclamation mark in the middle.

What can i do?

My script try to install ClockworkMod 3.1.0.1-solarnz-R3 Recovery, several people said it was success.
If it doesn't work for you, please replace recovery.img from /images/recovery/ with this one: recovery.img
Please tell me if it works this way.

brk

May 13, 2008
Portugal
Does this address the "issue" of people not being able to install clockwork? Also, is the us image included here already? (i know it wasnt when you posted it in the pure root thread)

I was close to attempting to root my TF (latest update 4.11) but read a lot of people having issues not being able to install clockwork

Thanks

There was a bug in the script that was not flashing CWM. I think now is ok.
If it still doesn't work, please try the recovery.img from my last post.
Please give feedback. Thanks.

Reactions: jdagreek

mikewong27

Mar 20, 2008
Unroot with script??

Hi all,
I've created a batch script, using mashi "Pure Root" original scripts and implemented some others, that makes rooting transformer more user friendly.
I added some other functionalities, like backing up current (or stock) boot and recovery, and also scripts for install busybox, install stock boot or(unroot) and stock recovery (you need this for install OTA updates).
Root Boot images are mashi work, so thank him for is work.

As is usual, use this at your own risk. You can open the script to see what it does (there are no tricks here). If you find a bug please report it.

Please pay attention to what version is your pad. If you flash a US boot on a WW pad, you will brick the pad.

Unzip the file and double click "Pure.Root.3.1.bat" file and follow the menus.

Notice that you still have to install APX driver (driver folder included) and ADB need to be able to communicate with your pad.

To install APX driver:
1- turn off your pad
5.4. Point driver update to usbpcdriver in tf_rootkit folder

Updated version available V3:
Changelog:
- fix paths for nvflash
- fix command for busybox install
- fix CMW install bug
- fix path for backup files.

Download link: here

PrintScreen:
pureroot.png

I was wondering if you can modify the same script to unroot? If you can do that, this script will be an "all-in-one" root and unroot script.... Similar to "one click root/unroot" for Samsung Captivate...

brk

May 13, 2008
Portugal
I was wondering if you can modify the same script to unroot? If you can do that, this script will be an "all-in-one" root and unroot script.... Similar to "one click root/unroot" for Samsung Captivate...

I think it does that, if you flash stock boot and stock recovery, I guess your pad will be unrooted and with stock recovery. You just have to uninstall superuser.apk

mikewong27

Mar 20, 2008
I think it does that, if you flash stock boot and stock recovery, I guess your pad will be unrooted and with stock recovery. You just have to uninstall superuser.apk

If I flash the stock boot and stock recovery, wouldn't it wipe your data? I am hoping the unroot script will not wipe the data... I think the "one click root/unroot" for Samsung Captivate doesn't wipe my data... It will be great if someone will create a similar script to do the same for Transformer...

Reactions: yo_palo

brk

May 13, 2008
Portugal
If I flash the stock boot and stock recovery, wouldn't it wipe your data? I am hoping the unroot script will not wipe the data... I think the "one click root/unroot" for Samsung Captivate doesn't wipe my data... It will be great if someone will create a similar script to do the same for Transformer...

It doesn't wipe data, it only writes back boot block (includes boot and kernel). Data isn't touched.

dallastx

Sep 29, 2008
Dallas TX
Um the 3rd script "install clockwork" just sits there..Nothing happens. NV flash Started and curser just blinks...Which ultimately sent my tablet into bootloop 'us pad'

Last edited:

Vertiginouz

Jan 5, 2011
Um the 3rd script "install clockwork" just sits there..Nothing happens. NV flash Started and curser just blinks...Which ultimately sent my tablet into bootloop 'us pad'

That happened to me after I ran one command. The second command I run always pauses at NVflash started. I had to reboot back into APX mode to run another command

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    New tool for rooting all eee Pad versions. Get it here: Asus Transformer Root ToolKit V8.0

Universal root toolkit v7.1

Hi all. Universal root toolkit v7.1 is now available. This is a upgraded version of my old v6 script. It is now universal and it creates the modified boot image and the CWM Recovery image with your own stock images. This is like the Universal script from Rebound821 but ported to Windows and with a GUI (graphic user interface) and some more tools. After several beta versions, at last the v7.1 final version is available.
    XDA video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ja1IL_kg7vo

This method still doesn't work for B70 revision Pads
    Note: some users have reported that with this script they have successfully root their pad. It seems that some B70 rev. pads don't have the new bootloader

What you can do with this tool:
    - Root your pad in a simple way
    - Backup boot, stock (and system)
    - Restore backup
    - Flash custom rom (in NVflash flavor)

Screen shots:

What you need:
    - Asus Transformer Eee Pad with Asus USB cable
    - Asus sync and drivers installed in windows
    - Know how to get to APX mode
    - Know how to turn USB Development on (in android)
    - Install built-in nvidia drivers
    - Read the instructions
    - Know what you are doing.
    - dot.net framework 4.0 (download from microsoft)

NOTE: I still need your help to get this program better. I tested the program myself with my pad and it worked fine., but if it doesn't work for you don't just say it doesn't work! Please make a print screen of the error, and send it to me, with a description of what happened and pad version. Only this way I can check if there are still errors in the program.
    Thanks.

After installing CWM with this tool, please go to http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1213723 and update CWM recovery to last version available.

Download: Brk's Asus Root ToolKit V7.1 Universal
    Mirror: Brk's Asus Root ToolKit V7.1 Universal

Disclaimer: Use at your own risk.

Hi all,
    This started has a front-end for the "Pure Root" method original from Mashi, and has grown to something more than that. I've to say thanks for all the other members that have help me with this, because this has become a community script, I'm only one part of the gear that "makes the world turn". Thanks to you all.

Why "unsecure"? Because this method changes a security flag in the boot image that allows to push superuser binary, superuser.apk and busybox through ADB. I call it "unsecure" instead of "insecure" because this method doesn't turn you pad to a insecure pad, only opens a window to make superuser available.

For history purposes:
    Original 8.4.4.11 Root Boot images are mashi work, so thank him for is work. Thanks Gee One for HC3.2 US unsecure boot.img and for the explaining on how to unsecure images. Thanks rebound821 for your great script that makes it very simple. Thanks Rayman for the BlobTools and the BootTools.

Disclaimer:

If your pc OS is Linux you can root with this script: Universal root for stock firmware. It makes everything very very very simple :)

Please read FAQ before trying to root your pad. Please read the menu from top to bottom before trying to do anything. This script has worked for many people, if it doesn't work for you it's because you have made an error in the process. Read FAQ again and start from beginning.
    Unzip the file and double click "Brk.RootKit.bat" file and follow the menus.

To install APX driver:
    1- turn off your pad
    5.4. Point driver update to usbpcdriver in rootkit folder

OLD version
    For HC3.1 and HC3.2 beta
    V5 beta 6 update:
    For people having rooted 8.4.4.11, it's easy to flash Roach's 8.6.5.6 US or 8.6.5.6 WW CWM zip update (I recommend this!).

If you have a rooted 8.4.4.11 with CWM Recovery pad and you insist on using this method to update your pad, to make OTA update install you only have to restore stock Recovery, you don't have to restore stock boot. After that you can install OTA upgrade and then you can root again with this method

OLD V5 beta 6 download:
    download link: v5 beta 6 here
    mirror:v5 beta 6 here multiupload mirror

OLD versions V6 for HC3.2 only

if you have other version (HC3.1), please update to HC3.2 first

How to root - Mini-fast-guide
    1. Put your pad in APX mode and select option 1 to backup your current boot.img and recovery.img (recommended)
    2. Turn your pad off and reboot to APX again
    3. With your pad in APX mode, select option 4 to install the unsecure boot.img and recovery (optional)
    4. reboot your pad to android OS
    5. Go to settings>applications>development and check USB debugging
    6. Check is ADB is working with option 7
    7. Select option 5 to install superuser binary and superuser.apk
    8. Select option 6 to install busybox
    9. reboot
    10. Done. In android apps you should see an app called superuser. Try a program that needs root (like titanium backup) and check if it asks to get root access

PrintScreen:
    Brk's Root ToolKit v7 beta 15

EDIT: More and more bug fixes! V7 beta 15 is now available, no need for password. Everybody can test it. Remember, this is still a beta version, there could be issues or errors that I didn't find. Use it at your own risk. I'm not, by anyway, responsible if you brick your pad.

Thanks to:
    Thanks Rayman for the BlobTools and the BootTools.
    Thanks rebound821 for your great script that makes it very simple.
    Thanks to Roach2010 for his work in the CWM recovery
    Thanks for all the beta testers and other XDA members that have help me with this.

Boot tools by rayman@androidroot.mobi for windows are also posted below

Here are some print-screens:
    brkrtk1.png

brkrtk2.png

brkrtk3oa.png

brkrtk4.png

brkrtk5.png

This method doesn't work for B70 or newer revision Pads (that have V2 bootloader)

Download: Brk's root Toolkit V7 beta 15

IMG tools by rayman@AndroidRoot.mobi for windows: Download

ChangeLog:
    -Fix drivers install only worked with administrator user
    -remade backup script
    -remade flash routines
    -re-remade create insecure routine
    -several bug fixes.
    -more bug fixes.
    -Fixed insecure boot creation
    -Bug fix not installing su
    -Update SU, superuser.apk, busybox
    -Changed script for installing su
    beta12:
    -bug fixes
    -changed script for insecure boot creation
    -added script for creating CWM recovery based on pad's recovery
    beta13:
    remake of adb su install script
    beta14:
    added tool to install custom ROM with NVflash
    beta 15:
    bug fixes
    added button to install superuser only
    added tooltips to buttons
    Actually when you develop a tool that people are going to be using on their expensive hardware, it is your responsibility to keep your OP updated with ALL bugs and workarounds and risks and other updates on what may or may not happen using the software on each firmware version update.
    This software has instructions of use. This software has proven to work without bugs for many users.
    I will not make a copy of other posts and information available in this ASUS Transformer section of XDA Forums. If you want to root your pad you need to know what you are doing. I expect that people that use this software know what they are doing, and search the information to learn what they are doing.

Not wait for someone to have a problem that required them to completely wipe their device and then blame them for using YOUR tool.
    This is a collaborative forum. I expect that people give me feedback of the software. There is always a risk of someone wiping is devices when you use a low level tool as nvflash. Thats why people should now what they are doing.

Yes it is 100% up to me if I use it or not, but it is also 100% up to YOU to keep your information up to date and correct.

You really think everyone should read 98 pages of the thread in the hope that they come across something that might go wrong ?
    The information is available. I don't expect that people read 98 pages, but I expect that people read at least the 1st post, and use the "search this thread" button to find more info about any doubts.

No, its your tool, you read the comments and keep your information correct, that is the whole point of an OP - so people can check the instructions or the dev, not read thousands of comments.
    Yes, it is my tool, I've made it, I've spent many hours developing it, and gave it for free for the community to use it.
    The instructions are clear, if the user feedback is related with the software and it is relevant, I make the necessary changes to the thread/software, if it is not related to the software it stays as normal post that other users can read and use if necessary. This thread is not about OTA updates, but information about OTA updates is still available, just because I want to help other users.
    When I made this tool I didn't sign a assistance contract with anybody. I do this because I like it, the day that I don't want to do it anymore I just leave.
    This discussion is closed.
    Actually when you develop a tool that people are going to be using on their expensive hardware, it is your responsibility to keep your OP updated with ALL bugs and workarounds and risks and other updates on what may or may not happen using the software on each firmware version update.

Not wait for someone to have a problem that required them to completely wipe their device and then blame them for using YOUR tool.

Yes it is 100% up to me if I use it or not, but it is also 100% up to YOU to keep your information up to date and correct.

You really think everyone should read 98 pages of the thread in the hope that they come across something that might go wrong ?

No, its your tool, you read the comments and keep your information correct, that is the whole point of an OP - so people can check the instructions or the dev, not read thousands of comments.

----------
    Also, Tablets have been around for years

"In 2002, original equipment manufacturers' released the first tablet PCs designed to the Microsoft Tablet PC specification"

I had an Android 2.1 tablet coming up to 2 years ago.

It would behoove EVERYONE to take a moment to read the following:

XDA Mantra

State of XDA

Iron Fist is in Full Force

The developers do this of their own accord - it's not up to you to decide what they should or shouldn't do. Anyone who chooses to not follow this may find themselves with a short vacation.

What can i do?

My script try to install ClockworkMod 3.1.0.1-solarnz-R3 Recovery, several people said it was success.
    If it doesn't work for you, please replace recovery.img from /images/recovery/ with this one: recovery.img
    Please tell me if it works this way.