Lack indoor sprint coverage? *read this*

Search This thread

austin420

Jan 8, 2009
kansas city mo
ive had one of these for almost 2 years. works fine intermitently. some times i just have to unplug it. also does not work if you torrent alot as it uses your broadband internet. if your running vuze or utorrent, you get terrible latency on the phone i.e. 15 second delay on voice.

danipoak

Feb 27, 2012
I have had one for 2 years now and honestly it has been flawless. The only thing I had to do was change the settings so that only certain phones could connect to it. My internet connection blows so if the neighbors hook up to it then I can't watch Netflix.

codest3r

Oct 27, 2010
Orlando, FL
Thanks for the new details. I've had one for a few months now and it rocks as long as my Internet connection is up. I put it behind my router/firewall and have the router doing QoS priority on anything from it.

muyoso

Oct 23, 2007
Yea, had one of these for a while. Its . . . ok. It does what its supposed to most of the time, but then sometimes you will just not receive calls and your cell will only be able to call landlines. And then sometimes when landlines call you it goes straight to voicemail. And then you call customer service and they walk through 80 steps with you accomplishing nothing. But most of the time it works. If you start having issues with calls or data though, before commenting on a rom or kernel you flashed, turn off the airrave and make sure its not that damn thing causing it.

Reactions: xopher.hunter

MeetFace

Dec 31, 2010
Worked OK for me. I too suffered from missed calls occasionally, but more often from text messages not sending/receiving. This happens a lot at my dad's house where he has one.

danipoak

Feb 27, 2012
Interesting responses. I must really be in the minority this. Only time I have calls go straighght to voicemail is when I am at school and that's because the engineering building might as well be a bomb shelter. No missed calls ever that I am aware of either.

monke30butt

Feb 22, 2011
I have had one for a long while. Mine causes more trouble than it's worth to me. I just leave it unplugged now. These units are EXTREMELY sensitive when it comes to the internet connection. Anything less than prefect QOS score causes big problems with this unit. Which is funny because my Vonage phone has no problems at all & plugged into the same router & parked right next to the Airave. Just for reference I have a 10MB/s download internet service with a transceiver on my roof as there is no dsl or cable in my area (I live in the sticks), but I am very close to the tower in town (within 2 miles I think). Speeds are good & VOIP Qos scores are good most of the time as reflected by the Vonage working fine, but for some reason the Airave refuses to work right 85% of the time (so it stays unplugged).

virgillette

Mar 27, 2011
Houston
I just called and was declined due to having DSL. The documentation specifies it works with DSL. She said I could call back if I get cable internet.

jsheahawk

Mar 2, 2009
Kansas City
I've had mine for about a year. Make sure you ***** and moan and talk to supervisors about the fact that they want to charge you for the device and $5 a month for usage. Mine is completely free. Anything like, "Well, my friend with [some other carrier] gets great reception in my house," seems to do wonders.

sleebus.jones

Dec 7, 2010
Just got mine. We'll see how it goes. My only charge is for the tax on the line that it adds, about $2.50/mo. If it works, i'll gladly pay that.

virgillette

Mar 27, 2011
Houston
I was going to call back and tell them I switched to cable, but some of the reviews said it wasn't that great (they keep theirs turned off).

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA

xjayman

Sep 2, 2010
I was going to call back and tell them I switched to cable, but some of the reviews said it wasn't that great (they keep theirs turned off).

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA

I dont know what others situations are but before I had mine I couldn't make calls or use data in my house . Now always have full signal bars and data is faster at my home than anywhere else. Mine is tucked away with the router and a never have to touch it. I have cable now but previously worked perfectly on dsl . Big difference on my laptop between cable and dsl, phone performer the same. In a nutshell my phone works a+ in my airwave environment .

iSaint

Jan 13, 2011
Phoenix, Maryland
I called and told them i wanted to cancel after 2 mins i got off the phone with free airave no monthly fees or anything also the line is eligible for an upgrade already on the sprint website xD and it hasn't even gotten here yet

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Yea, had one of these for a while. Its . . . ok. It does what its supposed to most of the time, but then sometimes you will just not receive calls and your cell will only be able to call landlines. And then sometimes when landlines call you it goes straight to voicemail. And then you call customer service and they walk through 80 steps with you accomplishing nothing. But most of the time it works. If you start having issues with calls or data though, before commenting on a rom or kernel you flashed, turn off the airrave and make sure its not that damn thing causing it.