Modern Warfare 3: Fallen Nation

Search This thread

ri4naire

Dec 31, 2010
Totally works if you modify the build.prop. I altered model, brand, name, device, board, and manufacturer to that described here: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=18687400&postcount=10

Got annoyed when they wouldn't even let me purchase the game under the $.49 sale in case I upgraded later. Oh well, workaround achieved.

[edit] I should have mentioned that before you do anything make a backup in CWM. Now, I'll be working on today seeing if i can freeze the app before a restore and then get it working again. Changing the build.prop can have some unforeseen consequences such as Swype having now lost its license. [/edit]

Last edited:

ri4naire

Dec 31, 2010
would you mind showing some proof. and if i do do it, do i just edit the lines that he has in red?

Not necessarily, what I've figured out is that at most you have to change the six lines defining the terms I mentioned in the first post. Link is just for reference.

As far as proof I might make a video when I can get around to it. Maybe even showing SixAxisController at work.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA

Fall of Enosis

Jul 13, 2011
Portland
I recently changed my build.prop to "Droid3" specs so I could download and play modern combat 3, however I noticed that after I had done so, my accelerometer took a dump. Like, did not work at all.

It didn't even work after I changed my BP back to my normal Atrix2 specs. (After a reboot of course)

Luckily (thank you recovery) I had made a backup right before I changed the BP, and was able to go back in time two hours and get my accelerometer working again.

Anyone else ran into this?

Reactions: ymcmbforever

ymcmbforever

Jan 29, 2012
Chicago
I recently changed my build.prop to "Droid3" specs so I could download and play modern combat 3, however I noticed that after I had done so, my accelerometer took a dump. Like, did not work at all.

It didn't even work after I changed my BP back to my normal Atrix2 specs. (After a reboot of course)

Luckily (thank you recovery) I had made a backup right before I changed the BP, and was able to go back in time two hours and get my accelerometer working again.

No try nexus s trick

Sent from my Nexus S using xda premium

T

tmease1

I'm late to this and I'm not being an ass but it's called modern combat, not modern warfare. Sorry stuff like that just drives me nuts.

Sent from my MB865 using xda premium

Fall of Enosis

Jul 13, 2011
Portland
I said "modern combat" in my post.... ;)

Anyways the nexus s trick doesn't work for me. I think you need to change just more than the name in the phone.

Quite possibly board as well?

If someone has got this to really work without screwing up some important part of their phone maybe you can post it a screenie of your build?

EDIT: Or maybe can lay out all the specs required for the nexus s?

Sent from my Atrix2 using XDA

Last edited:
T

tmease1

I changed my build.prop to make my phone like the Infuse. That worked for me so i can play all gameloft games games the market. The nexus s build.prop did not work so that is why i chose the infuse.

Last edited:
T

tmease1

Heres what my build.prop looks like to get the games to work. Sorry that pic isn't that clear.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1332701814080.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1332701814080.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 139

Fall of Enosis

Jul 13, 2011
Portland
Tmease does this screw with your accelerometer or Swype? This happens with me and the only way to get it back is with a nandroid restore.

Sent from my MB865 using XDA

T

tmease1

Tmease does this screw with your accelerometer or Swype? This happens with me and the only way to get it back is with a nandroid restore.

Sent from my MB865 using XDA

No, the Swype I am using is the actual one you get off of swype web site. I haven't had any issues at all with this set up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.