[ROM][4.1.2][WEEKLY] Official CyanogenMod 10 for HTC Holiday (Vivid/Raider/Velocity)

Search This thread

h8rift

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 29, 2010
CyanogenMod 10 is a free, community built distribution of Android 4.1.2 (Jelly Bean) which greatly extends the capabilities of your phone.

Code:
#include 
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 */

This is the official Weekly Build of CM10 for the HTC Holiday (Vivid 4G/Velocity/Raider).

Installation Instructions
  1. Go to http://get.cm/?device=holiday and download the latest weekly.
  2. Locate Gapps via a quick Google search.
  3. Fully wipe your device from Recovery if you are not coming from CM10 already.
  4. Reboot into recovery and install.

Remember, if you are S-On, you will have to take the boot.img out of the cm.zip and flash it manually via fastboot. If you flash this and your phone just reboots, you are most likely S-On and need to perform that procedure.

Changelog
  • You can find the latest Changelog here
Github

Huge thanks:
synergye, IOmonster & mg2195 - For getting the Holiday to where it was.
intervigil - Helping me understand 8660 differences from 8960.
homeslice - Helping out while I've been unavailable.

Last edited:

h8rift

Jun 29, 2010
Issues:
  • HW video playback may have artifacts or other issues. Turn on Force GPU Rendering in Developer Options to fix.
How to use MTP to mount internal and external storage simultaneously:
  1. Go to Settings
  2. Go to Storage
  3. Press Menu key
  4. Choose "USB Connection Type"
  5. Choose "Media device (MTP)"
* Windows will mount this automatically.

* Linux is a little tricky, but not too difficult, see the following:
  1. Edit /etc/udev/rules.d/51-android.rules to include these lines for adb and mtp:
  2. SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTR{idVendor}=="0bb4", MODE="0666", GROUP="plugdev"
  3. SUBSYSTEM=="usb", SYSFS{idVendor}=="0bb4", MODE="0666"
  4. install gmtp; for debian/ubuntu type: sudo apt-get install gmtp
  5. open gmtp and hit the connect button (be patient)

Report all issues to the Issues List here. Don't create duplicate issues, just star the issue if you can reproduce as well.

Last edited:

h8rift

Jun 29, 2010
Screenshots:

Screenshot_2012-12-02-22-15-32.png

Screenshot_2012-12-02-22-15-56.png

Last edited:

LQQKS

Aug 30, 2012
Brisvegas, Oz :)
Thanks heaps to h8rift and MG and anyone else involved \o/

Sent from my rooted, S-Off HTC Vivid 4G
running Pegasus 2.5.0a ICS 4.0.3
using XDA Premium app \o/

sadoway

May 28, 2008
Edmonton
Gonna flash this and use for a few days. I will miss Bluetooth with my jambox. Camera I can live without.
Using the roger version phone on telus.
I'll report anything unusual after following the forum.

Unsuported device in market?
yza3e8ah.jpg

And WiFi doesn't show. Tho I got into it by long pressing In taskbar quick settings.
pybebu3u.jpg

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Spectrejester

Nov 18, 2010
I'll be trying it out on my Telstra HTC Velocity once I get home. Great work guys

EDIT: Wifi doesnt work so ill try and do factory reset and flash to see if that fixes it.

Nope. Didnt work! Bugger

Last edited:

LQQKS

Aug 30, 2012
Brisvegas, Oz :)
So far its awesome on Telstra Velocity \o/
Facebook has been fixed :) I'm a Facebook whore so that's good
the speaker seems a bit crackly and cuts out when a notification is received.
Awesome work guys!!! This will be my daily for awhile :)
Can't wait to see BT fixed

Sent from my rooted Xoom MZ601
running CM10 JellyBean 4.1.2
using XDA Premium app \o/

theslam08

did you flash the kernel correctly?

Not sure if this is 'Spectrejester's' problem, but I also had no wifi like 'sadoway' showed a few posts up. I did not see his fix in time before I flashed back to the other rom so I could not test if it worked for me (long press the notification window's quick settings?). And im near certain the boot img flashed (s-off). Never had a problem on any of his earlier builds...

I think mic does work now for AT&T phones but it is indeed sooo quiet you would have to scream at top of your lungs to get them to hear you. But, its definitively a start :D. Awesome work like usual.

ZeRo2o9

Feb 14, 2011
Central Cali
Not sure if this is 'Spectrejester's' problem, but I also had no wifi like 'sadoway' showed a few posts up. I did not see his fix in time before I flashed back to the other rom so I could not test if it worked for me (long press the notification window's quick settings?). And im near certain the boot img flashed (s-off). Never had a problem on any of his earlier builds...

I think mic does work now for AT&T phones but it is indeed sooo quiet you would have to scream at top of your lungs to get them to hear you. But, its definitively a start :D. Awesome work like usual.

yea I know I am excited to run this ROM once the mic is fixed. I dont regret getting another htc as much anymore lol

Cor-master

Apr 16, 2011
Indianapolis IN
Yeah I usually get $500 Christmas cash every year and I've been checking the nexus site constantly hoping the wait for the 4 would reduce but yesterday enlight of the news I was looking at new accessories for this phone instead! Very exciting. I'll wait till everything works to flash, but it does give us new hope

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

Gene Poole

Jul 15, 2010
Brighton IL
I can't get this to sync. After the "git clone git://github.com/mg2195/local_manifest.git" from the original tree, I can't modify local_manifest.xml or I get repo sync errors:
Code:
error: Cannot remove project ".repo": uncommitted changes are present
       commit changes, then run sync again

How do I "un-clone" a "git clone" operation to remove it from version control?

mg2195

Dec 5, 2011
RSM
I can't get this to sync. After the "git clone git://github.com/mg2195/local_manifest.git" from the original tree, I can't modify local_manifest.xml or I get repo sync errors:
Code:

Yeah...story about that...that was bad instructions in my part (didn't work the way I imagined in my head)

Anyways, delete everything in the repo folder EXCEPT the projects folder. Again do not delete the projects folder...delete everything except the projects folder. Run the repo init again and you should be good. (Since the project folder is still there you won't have to redownload everything)

You could also CD into the .repo folder and run a git reset...

Oh yeah and if anyone's wondering I requested the other thread closed to avoid confusion...

Sent from my SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

homeslice976

Feb 25, 2010
Central Pennsylvania
Code:

cd ./.repo
git reset --hard

or you can just stash the changes (git stash)

then, instead of cloning, just create the local_manifest.xml manually

Edit: ninja'd by mg

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod 10 is a free, community built distribution of Android 4.1.2 (Jelly Bean) which greatly extends the capabilities of your phone.

Code:
    #include 
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

This is the official Weekly Build of CM10 for the HTC Holiday (Vivid 4G/Velocity/Raider).

Installation Instructions
    1. Go to http://get.cm/?device=holiday and download the latest weekly.
    2. Locate Gapps via a quick Google search.
    3. Fully wipe your device from Recovery if you are not coming from CM10 already.
    4. Reboot into recovery and install.

Remember, if you are S-On, you will have to take the boot.img out of the cm.zip and flash it manually via fastboot. If you flash this and your phone just reboots, you are most likely S-On and need to perform that procedure.

Changelog
    • You can find the latest Changelog here
    Github

Huge thanks:
    synergye, IOmonster & mg2195 - For getting the Holiday to where it was.
    intervigil - Helping me understand 8660 differences from 8960.
    homeslice - Helping out while I've been unavailable.
    So some pretty decent news so far, more to come:

* Bluetooth now initializes without an hci-kickstart (hopefully should get rid of that horrendous drain

Testing to validate this:
    * Battery drain is gone (UPDATE: had BT on w/o paired device for 30 min and then with paired device for 30 min. battery hasn't went down from 100%!)
    * a2dp audio works (UPDATE: Works like a champ!)
    * Bluetooth calling (UPDATE: works!)
    * Bluetooth Tethering (UPDATE: not working yet, will work on it)

I know i missed the "weekly" marker to get this stuff in, assuming it all works. But if it all does, I will build another build and give it to you today.

More to come.....good lord I'm excited this is finally starting to move forward!

UPDATE: I'm updating OP since i've pushed and merged these things into CM now :).
    Issues:
    • HW video playback may have artifacts or other issues. Turn on Force GPU Rendering in Developer Options to fix.
    How to use MTP to mount internal and external storage simultaneously:
    1. Go to Settings
    2. Go to Storage
    3. Press Menu key
    4. Choose "USB Connection Type"
    5. Choose "Media device (MTP)"
    * Windows will mount this automatically.

* Linux is a little tricky, but not too difficult, see the following:
    1. Edit /etc/udev/rules.d/51-android.rules to include these lines for adb and mtp:
    2. SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTR{idVendor}=="0bb4", MODE="0666", GROUP="plugdev"
    3. SUBSYSTEM=="usb", SYSFS{idVendor}=="0bb4", MODE="0666"
    4. install gmtp; for debian/ubuntu type: sudo apt-get install gmtp
    5. open gmtp and hit the connect button (be patient)

Report all issues to the Issues List here. Don't create duplicate issues, just star the issue if you can reproduce as well.
    Screenshots:

Screenshot_2012-12-02-22-15-32.png

Screenshot_2012-12-02-22-15-56.png
    Pretty sure i found how to squash that nasty wakelock eating battery from bluetooth. Lemme test and verify....If it works i'll put up a build with all the newest stuff tonight / tomorrow.

-h8