? about gravitybox (kk)

Search This thread
Oct 4, 2013
For the life of me I can't figure out how to turn off screen record after its turned on. Am I missing something or do you just wait to the time you at runs out?

Reactions: blaqueknight
Oct 4, 2013
You can "expand" the running notification, after that a Stop option will show...

Made a screenie for you here :good:

I tried that first and it didn't show anything to stop it. After lowering the timeout to 5 min vs 30 min it showed the ability to stop recording. I'm going to bump it back up to 30 min and see if it happens again and if so there's a bug if not just a freak thing.

Oct 4, 2013
Just tested it out again but didn't up the record time and this is what I got. Guess I'll just stick with scr screen recorder unless there's a fix for this. Can tap on that recording screen notification all day and it doesn't do jack have to force stop gravity box.

Oct 4, 2013
Expand that notification to show the stop option.

Doesn't expand. I found that when the recording is started before opening a game app it works fine. Only weird thing is when in landscape the tab needs to be situated so the charge cord is on the right or the power button needs to be on the bottom or the recording is all funky. Little weird things but it seems to work just as good as scr pro which wasn't free.

Pfeffernuss

Jun 30, 2009
Wassenaar
Started game. Started screen recording. Dragged down notification, stop button present.

All works flawlessly. Nothing wrong with the implementation whatsoever :good:

AL2000EX

Aug 17, 2013
I think it depends on Android version. GB for 4.3 may have this bug but on 4.4 there is no bugs whatorever

Oct 4, 2013
Started game. Started screen recording. Dragged down notification, stop button present.

All works flawlessly. Nothing wrong with the implementation whatsoever :good:

That's what it looks like when it's working properly. Might have something to do with the game I play which is dead trigger 2 not allowing it to work. When my recording notification goes away either by waiting or force stopping there's no recording made like it didn't completely start up. No big deal just something I've encountered.

giovannisumano

Nov 29, 2014
How to unhide the stop and toggle pointer options.

For the life of me I can't figure out how to turn off screen record after its turned on. Am I missing something or do you just wait to the time you at runs out?

Hi there; I was having issues with the screen recording feature as well, I managed to use it after I selected the option "Use stock binary" under the menu "Screen recording" of gravity box (this disables the option to record with sound though).

Now to your question, I wasn't able to find how to stop the damn thing, it turns out that after you start recording the screen you have to expand the status bar and you'll see the "recording screen" notification not showing the stop option so you have to expland the notification itself by sweeping your finger down on it and only then the stop and toggle pointer options will be shown.

Hey I can't record with sound but other than that I can record the screen without issues. Hope it helps.

Chitransh Sharma

Apr 24, 2014
That's what it looks like when it's working properly. Might have something to do with the game I play which is dead trigger 2 not allowing it to work. When my recording notification goes away either by waiting or force stopping there's no recording made like it didn't completely start up. No big deal just something I've encountered.

Hello justchillin2013 , Even i was having the same problem, no option to stop recording and toggle pointer...
I found two solutions -
1. Open Gravity box >Statusbar tweaks > Notification drawer style > And check Expand all notifications...
OR
2. As soon as you finish recording ,pull down notification panel > tap and swipe down "Recording Screen" notification...now you'll see both the options....
hope that help...:eek:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

You can "expand" the running notification, after that a Stop option will show...

Made a screenie for you here :good: