[APP][2.3+]AppConfig free 1.4

Search This thread

altimax98

Nov 7, 2008
Florida
Awesome app idea. Adding Root features would be awesome in tandem with Xposed such as Activate Immersive mode...

Nice work!

aaro

Aug 7, 2009
Sent updated version to Google Play.
Here's list of changes:
  • Changed app's name to AppConfig(without space)
  • Some UI tweaks
  • German translation(thank you Oswald Boscovic)
  • bug fixes
Hope you like the changes made. Next I'm going to start implement your suggestions.

chlap

Oct 12, 2010
Hide navigation button will be great per app.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

aaro

Aug 7, 2009
Could someone with SGS3 test are the brightness settings working? I just got an email saying there's a problem with brightness not changing between levels 0-100, but dimming below 0 is working. Please tell me is it working or not and what Android version you have. Thank you in advance!

winol

Jan 18, 2010
COATZACOALCOS
Thank you all for posting links and positive feedback!

There was bug in Android that made it possible to toggle GPS but it's not working in newer versions. Would it be enough if App Config would open GPS settings screen automatically so user could click GPS on/off?

WOW! That's very nice!

I'll try to get it done next week. Thanks for the idea.

No xposed module or root needed.

use autoradio for auto on off gps, works in my note 3 running 4.3 tw

AndroidDeveloperLB

Mar 30, 2014
I can see that it monitors the running apps, which means it probably works by polling which app is on top. Having a service running on the front also hints that this is how it works.
If it works this way, I'd like to ask some questions:

1. Doesn't it mean that it uses CPU all the time while the screen is on
2. Doesn't it mean there is a delay between the time you go to an app and the time that the settings apply?
3. What happens when there are multiple apps running on front, like those with floating stuff (AirCalc for example), and the multi-window feature apps (as used on Samsung devices) ?

Also, BTW, the link on the first post isn't clickable.

I also have a suggestion: please allow GPS enable/disable, so that when I open Waze it will be enabled, and when I close it, it will close it.
I know it was possible via a hack, but now it's possible using root, as used on "Condi" app.

BTW, Condi does the same as this app, but it makes a shortcut instead of monitoring what's running on top.

Last edited:

lsn1183

Apr 28, 2014

:好:
configure your system settings on a per-app basis by selecting an app from a list of installed apps and modifying settings presented to you. Appconfig also creates a notification that shows you currently applied settings. Clicking on a notification will take you straight to currently running app's configuration screen.

Settings you can configure:
  • screen brightness
    • auto
    • manual
    • dimming below system's minimum brightness
  • screen orientation
    • portrait
    • landscape
    • sensor based orientations
  • screen timeout
    • never
    • time
  • media volume
  • mobile data
  • wi-fi
  • bluetooth

you can get it from google play(play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=fi.aarosoft.appconfig.free)

will verduzco's review on the xda portal

this is my first application so feedback would be much appreciated.

aaro

Aug 7, 2009
1. Doesn't it mean that it uses CPU all the time while the screen is on
Not very much. It doesn't even show in my S4's battery stats. Just did a test and ran piece of code responsible of identifying topmost app as many times as it would run if you had your screen on 24h. Longest run was under 2 minutes tested it on Galaxy S, Galaxy Nexus and Galaxy S4. Of course system will take some time of it's own when it's switching from process to process, but haven't seen any battery drain.

2. Doesn't it mean there is a delay between the time you go to an app and the time that the settings apply?
Maximum of 1.5 seconds, so it feels pretty smooth.

3. What happens when there are multiple apps running on front, like those with floating stuff (AirCalc for example), and the multi-window feature apps (as used on Samsung devices) ?
I have tested Samsungs multi-windowing one time and it reports program you last touched to be topmost, so it's settings are applied.

Also, BTW, the link on the first post isn't clickable.
I don't have enough posts to link outside xda.

I also have a suggestion: please allow GPS enable/disable, so that when I open Waze it will be enabled, and when I close it, it will close it.
I know it was possible via a hack, but now it's possible using root, as used on "Condi" app.
That's the most requested feature. I will start looking how to implement it after few simpler functions.

aaro

Aug 7, 2009
There's new version with Spanish translation and setting to change language when app starts. It also contains some bug fixes. Changing language on Android 4.2 and newer needs you to give AppConfig a permission to do it, there's intructions in first post.

tacchan23

Aug 3, 2009
Is it possible to have the option to keep the settings enabled even if the app is in background? (until the App is really closed)
For example I'd like to have Bluetooth turned on when I launch the Media player and keep it on while playing some songs in the background.
Thanks!

aaro

Aug 7, 2009
Sorry for long delay...

Is it possible to have the option to keep the settings enabled even if the app is in background? (until the App is really closed)
For example I'd like to have Bluetooth turned on when I launch the Media player and keep it on while playing some songs in the background.
Thanks!
Nice idea, thanks. I'll add it to my to-do list.

Hi,

GPS on/off will be great.

Thanks

P Bonamy
Added in newest version. Check first post for more information.

Here's the change list for this new version:
  • Added: Location settings
  • Added: Alphabet scrolling
  • Changed: UI
  • Changed: Use devices real minimum as 0 brightness
  • Changed: Change language alternative method
  • Fixed: Changing Wi-Fi state crash on some devices
  • Fixed: KitKat killing background service and not restarting it
  • Fixed: Other fixes

Reactions: pbonamy

hiyachi-32

Nov 12, 2013
İZMİR
AppConfig lets you configure system settings on per-app basis. Settings are automatically applied when you use your applications and restored when you leave them. It'll show notification on status bar with currently applied settings and clicking on it takes you straight to settings for current app for easy manipulation.

Settings you can configure are:
  • Brightness - auto/manual and dimming for both
  • Screen orientation - landscape/portrait/sensor based orientations
  • Screen timeout - time/never
  • Media volume
  • Mobile data - on/off
  • Wi-Fi - on/off
  • Bluetooth - on/off
  • Location - off/networks/GPS/GPS and networks
  • Language
Location and language settings won't work on all devices! Language settings work on Androids older than 4.2, but location settings always need rooted device or you to grant permissions to AppConfig manually.

• Android 4.1.1 or newer ROOTED:
    If AppConfig recognizes that you have root permissions and your package manager supports granting permissions, it will show menu item for requesting permissions. Click on it and when your system asks grant root permissions and settings will appear in AppConfig.​
  • Android 4.1.1 or newer without root:
    If your device isn't rooted but package manager supports granting permissions you need to manually grant permissions to AppConfig with adb:
    - - - - - - - -
    adb shell
    pm grant fi.aarosoft.appconfig.free android.permission.CHANGE_CONFIGURATION
    pm grant fi.aarosoft.appconfig.free android.permission.WRITE_SECURE_SETTINGS
    - - - - - - - -
    First one is for language settings and second one is for location settings.​
  • Android older than 4.1.1:
    On older devices if you copy AppConfig as system app and reboot, then it can change location settings. I take no responsibility if you brick your device in the process. You have been warned.​
Will Verduzco's review on the XDA Portal
TK's review on XDA TV

You can get it from Google Play

I bought pro version. since I install 4.4.2 ANJ1 i cant open gps automaticly by your app.
any suggest?

mourad75

May 17, 2008
Have you tried it?

---------------------------------
Sent from Tapatalk
------------------------------

Sorry for the late :eek: (i didn't see my XDA notifications :eek:)

Yes, it's always detecting (and reacting) only with the launcher Application, even if i switch (run) an other program (witch is already selected and customized in AppConfig) then when i pull-down the notification screen i always found AppCofig notification showing me that it sticks with the launcher !!
I've Galaxy Note 3 & I'm on this ROM : Note 4 port (Lollipop 5.0.1) - DarkLord rom v2.2

[When i return to KitKat 4.4.4 , all is back to normal : the Appconfig is running OK]

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    AppConfig lets you configure system settings on per-app basis. Settings are automatically applied when you use your applications and restored when you leave them. It'll show notification on status bar with currently applied settings and clicking on it takes you straight to settings for current app for easy manipulation.

Settings you can configure are:
    • Brightness - auto/manual and dimming for both
    • Screen orientation - landscape/portrait/sensor based orientations
    • Screen timeout - time/never
    • Media volume
    • Mobile data - on/off
    • Wi-Fi - on/off
    • Bluetooth - on/off
    • Location - off/networks/GPS/GPS and networks
    • Language
    Location and language settings won't work on all devices! Language settings work on Androids older than 4.2, but location settings always need rooted device or you to grant permissions to AppConfig manually.

• Android 4.1.1 or newer ROOTED:
      If AppConfig recognizes that you have root permissions and your package manager supports granting permissions, it will show menu item for requesting permissions. Click on it and when your system asks grant root permissions and settings will appear in AppConfig.​
    • Android 4.1.1 or newer without root:
      If your device isn't rooted but package manager supports granting permissions you need to manually grant permissions to AppConfig with adb:
      - - - - - - - -
      adb shell
      pm grant fi.aarosoft.appconfig.free android.permission.CHANGE_CONFIGURATION
      pm grant fi.aarosoft.appconfig.free android.permission.WRITE_SECURE_SETTINGS
      - - - - - - - -
      First one is for language settings and second one is for location settings.​
    • Android older than 4.1.1:
      On older devices if you copy AppConfig as system app and reboot, then it can change location settings. I take no responsibility if you brick your device in the process. You have been warned.​
    Will Verduzco's review on the XDA Portal
    TK's review on XDA TV

You can get it from Google Play

GPS settings pleaseee
    Thank you all for posting links and positive feedback!

GPS settings pleaseee
    There was bug in Android that made it possible to toggle GPS but it's not working in newer versions. Would it be enough if App Config would open GPS settings screen automatically so user could click GPS on/off?

Featured on the Portal :)
    WOW! That's very nice!

Immersive mode and/or full screen support would be great!
    I'll try to get it done next week. Thanks for the idea.

so, it's like appsettings from xposed, with less feature but not requiring xposed module. Is root needed?
    No xposed module or root needed.
    App Settings for xposed allows to change applications' locale! My system is in Italian, but I set some applications to launch in English. Can you add this functionality? :)

It seems doable, I'll try to implement it next week. Thanks for the idea, I can see this could be useful.
    Sorry for long delay...

Thanks!
    Nice idea, thanks. I'll add it to my to-do list.

Hi,

GPS on/off will be great.

Thanks

P Bonamy
    Added in newest version. Check first post for more information.

Here's the change list for this new version:
    • Added: Location settings
    • Added: Alphabet scrolling
    • Changed: UI
    • Changed: Use devices real minimum as 0 brightness
    • Changed: Change language alternative method
    • Fixed: Changing Wi-Fi state crash on some devices
    • Fixed: KitKat killing background service and not restarting it
    • Fixed: Other fixes