[Q] Need help fixing Device Tampered.

Search This thread

senseiblaze

May 17, 2014
I have a LG nexus 5 and started playing around with software, Installed cyanogenmod to see what it had to offer.

Now I want to go back and I have succeeded in that but when I type fastboot oem device-info in cmd it says that the device has been tampered with.

I have access to Android toolkit PRO for nexus 5 so if anyone can give me a short guide step by step I would be very thankful.

For your information I have tried alot of different solutions none seem to work.

danarama

Aug 22, 2010
Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
1.1 unlock fastboot
1.2 fastboot flash a recovery
1.3 flash the tamper fix zip
1.4 fastboot flash back to stock
1.5 check status
1.6 lock fastboot

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

senseiblaze

May 17, 2014
1.1 unlock fastboot
1.2 fastboot flash a recovery
1.3 flash the tamper fix zip
1.4 fastboot flash back to stock
1.5 check status
1.6 lock fastboot

Thanks for the quickest answer I've gotten ever.

Where can I D/L the recovery and tamper fix?

Rest I will manage. Ty

danarama

Aug 22, 2010
So still the same problem. It says in CMD That there's no such file or directory and it cant find twrp.img

Then you're doing it wrong. You need to type the path to the recovery. So if it's in c drive

fastboot flash recovery c:\twrp.img

Or if it's on your desktop

fastboot flash recovery c:\users\senseiblaze\desktop\twrp.img

Also note, the file must be called twrp.img. if it's called recovery.img, adjust your commands accordingly. It's also Case sensitive.

All basic stuff that every rooted user should know

varuntis1993

Apr 7, 2013
New Delhi
Instead of flashing the twrp recovery boot from it.

Fastboot boot recovery recovery.img

Because as far as I can remember flashing that zip will also lock the bootloader.

Reactions: danarama

senseiblaze

May 17, 2014
Then you're doing it wrong. You need to type the path to the recovery. So if it's in c drive

fastboot flash recovery c:\twrp.img

Or if it's on your desktop

fastboot flash recovery c:\users\senseiblaze\desktop\twrp.img

Also note, the file must be called twrp.img. if it's called recovery.img, adjust your commands accordingly. It's also Case sensitive.

All basic stuff that every rooted user should know

Bro, it says cannot open file or cannot determine image filename

No such file or directory :S

senseiblaze

May 17, 2014

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    233.3 KB · Views: 94
Last edited:

danarama

Aug 22, 2010
Also I noticed your file is called "TWRP.img" but the file directly above it is called "setup". Usually I would expect it to be "setup.exe" which means that you probably have the "hide extensions for known file types" set in windows explorer > organize > folder options...

If you turn this off, I'm hoping you'll see that you actually have TWRP.img.img which is of course, incorrect

Reactions: senseiblaze

senseiblaze

May 17, 2014
Also I noticed your file is called "TWRP.img" but the file directly above it is called "setup". Usually I would expect it to be "setup.exe" which means that you probably have the "hide extensions for known file types" set in windows explorer > organize > folder options...

If you turn this off, I'm hoping you'll see that you actually have TWRP.img.img which is of course, incorrect

Hahahahahaha! You sure are special. I've been sitting here trying to solve this all day long. :) gives my soul peace to know that I can do this now.

Last but not least. THANK YOU!!! :victory:

Reactions: danarama

BirchBarlow

Oct 6, 2013
Philadelphia

Seems like a lot of novice users make this same mistake. Perhaps a note of caution should be added to the guides?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Instead of flashing the twrp recovery boot from it.

Fastboot boot recovery recovery.img

Because as far as I can remember flashing that zip will also lock the bootloader.

Hahahahahaha! You sure are special. I've been sitting here trying to solve this all day long. :) gives my soul peace to know that I can do this now.

Last but not least. THANK YOU!!! :victory: