Android L preview for s/s plus

Search This thread

Marcinexx

Nov 12, 2010
I've just installed beta version of 5.0.2, but I have 491 error while I try to download apps. Reseting Google Play data and other options haven't helped. Any ideas how to solve this poroblem? ;)

samrat_castle

Aug 11, 2010
iQOO 9
Xiaomi 11 Lite 5g NE
It the device is much more responsive without Gapps, the problem will be fixed in the next building :good:

Hopefully! I have just installed it and is waiting for it to boot up. Will share my experiance soon on it! :good:

EDIT: Have installed it and it IS usable without Gapps. Though showing lags in some transitions from apps to homescreen and vice versa and between app pages.

Is there any slim Gapps with only Play store that would work without lagging the interface?

Last edited:

Marcinexx

Nov 12, 2010
Not sure if it is because of this software or hardware but my phone crashed. Battery is discharged and I cannot charge it :mad:. When phone is turned off there is just an icon of battery but nothing happens. There is no animation of charging. Yesterday, when I connected 5% battery-phone to a charger it was OK. Today I have fully discharged it. Any problems like this?

devloz

May 3, 2013
OnePlus 8T
Not sure if it is because of this software or hardware but my phone crashed. Battery is discharged and I cannot charge it :mad:. When phone is turned off there is just an icon of battery but nothing happens. There is no animation of charging. Yesterday, when I connected 5% battery-phone to a charger it was OK. Today I have fully discharged it. Any problems like this?

It's because our offline charging mode isn't implemented yet (on 5.0, on 4.4 it should be ok). It will charge anyway, it's just info :)

Reactions: Marcinexx

papa_Lutz

Oct 20, 2014
Is there any slim Gapps with only Play store that would work without lagging the interface?

You can use PA gapps. There is a regularly updated pico Version ( i think only playstore, calendar and contacts) i dont have the link right now but its on xda and was already discussed in the ADC 5.0 release thread

HF

Sent from my A0001 using XDA Free mobile app

Mitsch79

Jul 16, 2013
The so called beta works like a charm. I installed the pico package for gapps. The i9000 is in fact capable of running lollipop. I have about 140MB of free RAM while using the phone.

Thx for the experience :)

Reactions: devloz

l2tp

Jan 23, 2007
I think this thread should be moved to i9000 android development section.
Are there any special instructions how to install lollipop?

devloz

May 3, 2013
OnePlus 8T
I think this thread should be moved to i9000 android development section.
Are there any special instructions how to install lollipop?

It's not development. It's just discussion. Can you see any creation in op? - no. It's just for talk. Development is made for example by Humberos (Omni 5.0.2 in progress), pawitp (he just patched I9000 kernel at CM-11.0 branch) and kasper_h (freezed at I9000 right now).

quead

Apr 28, 2014
I've just installed beta version of 5.0.2, but I have 491 error while I try to download apps. Reseting Google Play data and other options haven't helped. Any ideas how to solve this poroblem? ;)

I had the same error, i've installed any other android version (i've used cm11), than reinstalled lollipop and for gapps i use

pa_gapps-modular-pico(uni)-5.0.1-20150221-signed.zip (i can't use links)

And it works decent i have ~170 ram free with gapps

Attachments

• media-20150304.jpg
    media-20150304.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 403
Last edited:

bobbooon

Mar 8, 2015
I flashed this exactly as described in that video, but since installing I just keep booting into a frozen twrp recovery logo screen. it wont actually go into twrp just sit at the logo and blink occasionaly...any ideas?

rasoooli

Jul 22, 2010
Hi
Sorry For interrupted thread

We Have Xperia 2011 ( arc-s , arc , Neo , Pro , ... )
And we use Cm 12 From about two months ago ( for daily use ) Here

we are example for who said your device is old & low memory space & ...

we changed all internal space to system and create 2ndf partition on microsd ( by f2fs system partition for more speed )
you can use PIT Magic Or Pit editor for create extra space

all you need is: hope and a genius developer

sir mordred

Sep 22, 2013
mmcblk0p15
Hi
Sorry For interrupted thread

We Have Xperia 2011 ( arc-s , arc , Neo , Pro , ... )
And we use Cm 12 From about two months ago ( for daily use ) Here

we are example for who said your device is old & low memory space & ...

we changed all internal space to system and create 2ndf partition on microsd ( by f2fs system partition for more speed )
you can use PIT Magic Or Pit editor for create extra space

all you need is: hope and a genius developer

are you using your external sdcard as /data partition? this will absolutely slow down apps because NAND storage is always faster than any external sdcard (even class 10 sandisk :)) and also be careful external sdcards arent designed to handle lots of R/W cycles. so your sd will die quickly if you are keep going to use your sdcard as /data partition

ı have a samsung msm7x30 (galaxy w). we had low space problem too while we are porting lollipop but we fixed with best and most logical way https://github.com/AriesVE-DevCon-TEAM/android_device_samsung_ariesve/commit/ba8a1f18c8ccf8b7d3ce88528f8dc2a1db1c5b57

Reactions: rasoooli and Calin

Top Liked Posts