[Q] ZL Remote Control Configuration

Search This thread

don_yogesh

Oct 10, 2009
Anybody know how to configure the Videocon d2h HD settop box remote control on Xperia ZL Remote Control App.. I tried all the manual setup procedure and was able to configure buttons using d2h remote control, but on settop box it is not working. I was able configured Samsung tv remote and zl remote control with samsung lcd tv working absolutely fine without any issues. But why it is not working with the d2h settop box. Is there any difference between tv receiving signals and settop box receiving signal.

Please help if anyone has idea about this.

Thanks

adam1liukuro

Apr 5, 2013
Did you use the Samsung control preset that came with the app?
or you set it by manual learning

and on what version are you on?
the remote app was broken before 4.2 .67 firmware
that was the version where it worked fine for me
4.3 is fine too
all other earlier version has the problem when you use the learning function(it learns it but when you press it it doesn't work)

hijagdeep

Jan 27, 2012
Same problem here,
Currently on stock 4.3 version, even tested with 4.2.2(previous version)
I m not able to configure my FastWay Hd Set Up Box remote by manual method..
It didnt work on STB...

Only default configured codes are working Like SonY Led Remote and Samsung

kumar abhishek

Jan 6, 2012
Dhuri, Punjab
For those all who have manual learning problems. Its a hardaware defect. You can get your device replaced by sony

Sent from my C6506 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

bhavstech

Aug 24, 2013
Mumbai
Anybody know how to configure the Videocon d2h HD settop box remote control on Xperia ZL Remote Control App.. I tried all the manual setup procedure and was able to configure buttons using d2h remote control, but on settop box it is not working. I was able configured Samsung tv remote and zl remote control with samsung lcd tv working absolutely fine without any issues. But why it is not working with the d2h settop box. Is there any difference between tv receiving signals and settop box receiving signal.

Please help if anyone has idea about this.

Thanks

go in manual mode select cable tv set top box and configure it with ur remote .Dont select satellite set top box

adam1liukuro

Apr 5, 2013
I had the same problem when I bought my ZL
problem was fixed on 4.3 update
or you could try flashing AOSP ROM
and use the AOSP remote control to test it(the app is in app & theme section)