Volume button pads unsoldered from motherboard

Search This thread

krneki10

Oct 6, 2011
Volume button on my Nexus stopped working after I dropped it on ground, so I disassembled it and found out, that volume button cable is actually soldered to motherboard in normal condition. In my case, it has detached with pads, so motherboard circuit is now broken to the point that volume button cable cannot be soldered again to motherboard (metals won't stick anymore).

Consequently, now I cannot get into recovery or download mode in case something goes wrong. Any ideas what to do? Is replacing a motherboard the only option?

KingWickedd

Sep 19, 2011
Hyderabad
Volume button on my Nexus stopped working after I dropped it on ground, so I disassembled it and found out, that volume button cable is actually soldered to motherboard in normal condition. In my case, it has detached with pads, so motherboard circuit is now broken to the point that volume button cable cannot be soldered again to motherboard (metals won't stick anymore).

Consequently, now I cannot get into recovery or download mode in case something goes wrong. Any ideas what to do? Is replacing a motherboard the only option?

probably, you can go to recovery using adb and better flash twrp because it has touch controls rather than hardware button controls.

KingWickedd

Sep 19, 2011
Hyderabad
Would you mind telling me how, perhaps with a link to tutorial?

Connect your device to ur pc with usb debugging "on" and open adb and type the following

adb reboot boot loader ---> for bootloader

adb reboot recovery ----> for recovery

adb reboot ---> simple reboot

Or you could go to developer options and enable "advanced reboot" option. using this, you probably can reboot into recover/bootloader directly from the phone.
just longpress the power button, click reboot and then it should ask you to select between recovery/bootloader/simple reboot

krneki10

Oct 6, 2011
Connect your device to ur pc with usb debugging "on" and open adb and type the following

adb reboot boot loader ---> for bootloader

adb reboot recovery ----> for recovery

adb reboot ---> simple reboot

Or you could go to developer options and enable "advanced reboot" option. using this, you probably can reboot into recover/bootloader directly from the phone.
just longpress the power button, click reboot and then it should ask you to select between recovery/bootloader/simple reboot
But what about in case if I get bootloop by flashing faulty kernel or ROM? In that case, there is no way getting in download mode or recovery to reflash it.