[Q] Google Play Store won't open on ICS/CM9

Search This thread

ipeterxp

Mar 15, 2012
Hello Everybody,

Right after the transition from Market to Play Store happening last week end (~11 March)... google Play Store won't open (opens and close in a blink).

Does anybody haves a fix or workarround?

---------
Google Play Store version 3.4.7
Android 4.0.3
Kernel 2.6.32.9
CM 9.0.0-RC0-encore-KANG
Build number IML74K

leapinlar

Oct 18, 2006
Hello Everybody,

Right after the transition from Market to Play Store happening last week end (~11 March)... google Play Store won't open (opens and close in a blink).

Does anybody haves a fix or workarround?

---------
Google Play Store version 3.4.7
Android 4.0.3
Kernel 2.6.32.9
CM 9.0.0-RC0-encore-KANG
Build number IML74K
Yes, for some people their google credentials get messed up when play store installs. Just open google talk and sign in, it makes the rest of the google apps work, including play store.

Sent from my Nook Color running ICS and Tapatalk

Last edited:

dheath

Jan 27, 2012
London
GoogleLoginService.apk

Thank you for the tip about the "Talk" application. My "Talk" application also failed to open with exactly the same problem as my "Play".

It got me thinking, the night before I had renamed the "GoogleLoginService.apk" to "GoogleLoginService.OLD" as I was testing to see if it had any value on my phone - turns out it did!

I rename it back to ".apk"; and both "Talk" and "Play" are now working.

Cropstar

Jun 27, 2010
Got the same problem. Newbie who rooted my phone for the first time today and installed HyDr0G3N-ICS and found the play store no longer present. Have tried copying onto the memory card but it just opens for a split second before closing.

Have also tried downloading the Google Talk files as heard seperately that this is needed, but two of the three files don't install there either. Anybody else had this problem?

Nov 18, 2011
You should try downloading the zip file for your release, called gapps.... Or Google apps. It's flashed from recovery. Once this is done, you'll have the market back, and you can install the proper talk apk.

Sent from my LG-P509
CM9 - testing....

Reactions: Cropstar

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You should try downloading the zip file for your release, called gapps.... Or Google apps. It's flashed from recovery. Once this is done, you'll have the market back, and you can install the proper talk apk.

Sent from my LG-P509
    CM9 - testing....