Sgh-i747m running 4.3

Search This thread

danjnoble

Nov 10, 2008
St. John's
Trying to get this straight instead of hopping through forms. The stock att 4.3 rom can be loaded on the canadian i747m but theres no modem to support the i747m. Am I correct in saying this or has anyone flashed it and got it working here in canada? I'm with telus and I know I'm going to be waiting forever for telus to put the official update out.

Thanks

Sent from my SGH-I747M using xda app-developers app

Bstrong9211

Jun 10, 2012
One user reported it working but screenshots can easily be faked. Until there is a modem upgrade the i747m won't be fully functional on TW 4.3

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

rymanh

Jan 11, 2012
Toronto
I can report that even without an updated modem I still get a signal and data..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337M using xda premium

scotteb

Dec 13, 2008
St. John's
I can report that even without an updated modem I still get a signal and data..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337M using xda premium

rymanh - says "Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337M using xda premium" this indicates you are using the S4, maybe wrong thread?

There have been reports of it working with the old modem on the 747m but ONLY with TELUS. I have not read anywhere that it has worked for bell. I myself from the day that this was leaked and repacked by looserskater as a flashable, have been UNABLE to get data on bell. Everything else works flawlessly. When you go to mobile networks, with will say that there is no sim inserted. But once again this is on BELL there are screenshots of it working on TELUS as i said but they can be faked. Here are is the post http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=46840363&postcount=185

danjnoble

Nov 10, 2008
St. John's
Tried it today, don't know how someones claiming to have it working, install went good everything works great just no data, there's voice service but that's it. Tried flashing the modems but didn't change anything. Back to 4.1.2 until someone figures it out.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

verticleman76

Apr 3, 2013
toronto
www.softwarehut.net
I747M Running Stock Android 4.3

So for the Canadian user's with the galaxy S3 I747m got the official Android 4.3 update yesterday under Rogers network. But the problem is without me knowing about this, " KNOX " also got installed with this update and I just found out there is no way to remove it. Will a developer be making say a REMOVAL TOOL to remove KNOX???:confused::(

OracleMaster

Oct 20, 2013
Montreal
Even i am in the same boat. I also installed andriod 4.3 but KNOX came with the pack. Now whenever I try to use SuperU or Root application, Knox gives me an error.

If I click on Knox app, it asks me whether to install and create an account. Hence, I am sure, Knox is not installed yet in my device, but still I get error - "Unauthorized access to a secured area has been blocked. Tap to learn more." I believe this is fully related to the new security app "KNOX" from samsung that was loaded during the update.

Can anyone give some hint how to remove Knox or regain root access?

Florad77

Oct 13, 2012
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
If you're looking to root 4.3 then just use cf auto root. After following the steps in the thread just update or install supersu from the play store and after opening it it'll ask if you want to disable knox. Just press yes.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

repherb

Aug 7, 2008
Milky Way
MOD... please close thread

Looks like this thread had been answered and hijacked. MOD, please close thread.

thx!!

Dec 5, 2013
how to remove region unlock for s3 I747m

Looks like this thread had been answered and hijacked. MOD, please close thread.

thx!!

I hav got a s3 i747m as a gift from canada. I live in india. I studied a lot about Region locking and its effects . I had 4.1.1 and I updated to 4.1.2 through wifi(settings> about device> software update) .. now the next update is 4.3 .. I talked to samsung customer care (national ). they said that give your phone to nearby local samsung service centre . they will modify your imei to indian based and u won't face region locking anymore. but when I visited service centre . they said that they are not authorised to unlock s3 which is not Indian region based. they can't help me. now what should I do ? I can't get a sim from canada. and can't I ever update to 4.3 or 4.4(in future) ? :(
thanks in advance for reading and helping me

verticleman76

Apr 3, 2013
toronto
www.softwarehut.net
I think the best thing you should do is root your phone and put a custom ROM on it. It's the only best thing going for you right now.:D If you need help with the rooting or ROM, just reply back here.

Sent from my GT-I9205 using XDA Free mobile app