Project Proposal fir the devs!

Search This thread

GhostSoldier_US

Jan 4, 2011
Winder
I have a proposal that might get a good bit of hate but I want to see If any devs would work with me on it.

I want a port if HTC Sense 6 to the N5.

But can It even happen? I mean you see stock ported all the time but could you port something like sense?

S

supitsronnie

I have a proposal that might get a good bit of hate but I want to see If any devs would work with me on it.

But can It even happen? I mean you see stock ported all the time but could you port something like sense?

I was watching a review on the new HTC One, and Sense is beautiful. I would love this.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

simms22

Recognized Contributor - R.I.P
Jun 4, 2009
BROOKLYN!
www.androidcommunity.com

"stock" doesnt get ported to any nexus device, since they run "stock" default. to port sense to a nexus is extremely hard as it needs htc's framework, and if it does happen it would be partially if any bit at all. this will take lots of time and effort! and considering sense is not open source, you will not have any direct access to its code. anyways, considering that people are still trying to port the last version of sense, i wish you good luck.

Reactions: DigitalUnderground

FuMMoD

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Mar 11, 2009
South Florida
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2
I encourage all development but this might be quite difficult with closed sources and the framework. If XpLoDWilD can hack into the snap dragon processor and enable always listening from the low powered core then this is possible as well. I doubt devs of that caliber will focus on porting sense to a specific device non htc device though.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

OldDroid

Recognized Developer
Nov 18, 2012
Berlin
well, you need damn good smali and hex knowledge, as you need to modify the bootstrap in a special lib and add support for s800 ://
it is possible but hard to achieve (well, last word is maybe incorrect, im sorry for that :p)

Best regards,
OldDroid

Last edited:

marleyfan61

Aug 19, 2010
Surrey
I doubt that you will ever see it happen. Which is too bad because of all of the different overlays Sense is by far the best. Unfortunately HTC is not particularly forthcoming with the source code for, well....anything. Having come from the Amaze (Ruby) HTC proved to be very difficult to deal with.

naveenmenon03

Mar 30, 2014
this would be amazing.. loved sense 6 the second I saw it.. but it would be great even if I got a kind of launcher at least. Stock android is great too

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app

mistahseller

Mar 13, 2013
Saint Louis
Sense is closed source.

They are releasing blinkfeed in the playstore in the coming weeks/ months. You could easily download a sense like launcher and icons. I did play with the newest m8 at the ATT store and I can say I was very impressed. You could also make the clock widget in zooper, combine all that with blinkfeed and you have yourself an almost sense experience.

dmeadows013

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 27, 2010
Hoboken, NJ
epicandroidroms.blogspot.com
It's possible, but it would be extremely difficult and would require reverse engineering of the libs and some binaries, as well as likely needing a fully modified kernel and ramdisk. By the time it got fully stable, if it ever did, we would probably be at the release of sense 7.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

maxpower7

May 2, 2011
In my several years on XDA, I've seen a few attempts to port OEM skins (usually Sense and Touchwiz) to devices from other manufacturers. Of those attempts, exactly zero of them were successful. As much as I'd like to see this (and I would - Sense is actually pretty awesome), it's just not going to happen.

maxpower7

May 2, 2011
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2703397

Here

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app

This is really cool, and I hope it ends up working. As of right now, it's only partially functional, which is about as far as most of these ports get.

Don't get me wrong - I'm pretty excited about the possibility of this. It's just that I've seen a lot of these before, and they always end up going dead after a promising start. Here's to hoping this one is different.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

"stock" doesnt get ported to any nexus device, since they run "stock" default. to port sense to a nexus is extremely hard as it needs htc's framework, and if it does happen it would be partially if any bit at all. this will take lots of time and effort! and considering sense is not open source, you will not have any direct access to its code. anyways, considering that people are still trying to port the last version of sense, i wish you good luck.