Anyone use Tempered Glass Screen Protector?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

L.LA

Apr 28, 2014
:good: what you guys think of Tempered Glass Screen Protector ? any one use this kind of Tempered Glass Screen Protector ? I think it will instead the normal Screen protector in the near future. because it's good tocuh . Anti-Glare, Anti-Scratch, Anti-Fingerprint;)

Armazia

Nov 23, 2008
:good: what you guys think of Tempered Glass Screen Protector ? any one use this kind of Tempered Glass Screen Protector ? I think it will instead the normal Screen protector in the near future. because it's good tocuh . Anti-Glare, Anti-Scratch, Anti-Fingerprint;)

I am using one, a cheaper than the Spigen one. But it works great! Suprisingly good actually. Since I hate screen protectors cause I always get one dust particle underneath it.. It makes me take it off again. But with the tempered glass It fell exactly on place and without any dust underneath it..

L.LA

Apr 28, 2014
I am using one, a cheaper than the Spigen one. But it works great! Suprisingly good actually. Since I hate screen protectors cause I always get one dust particle underneath it.. It makes me take it off again. But with the tempered glass It fell exactly on place and without any dust underneath it..

Yes. I think so. the feeling just like not use any screen protector

airmaxx23

Jun 25, 2010
Colton, NY
I'm using a MIME USA Feather Glass protector and have had it on my device since late October and it's still flawless. I would have a hard time using a regular protector in the future after having a tempered glass one.

rinnycoop121

Feb 26, 2010

I have the Spigen glass and i love it.

13726487.jpg

Eric214

Oct 24, 2012
Philly
Dude, look in Note 3 Accessories section, there is a multiple page post on this already. Try searching some it will save people from having to post again lol

xdm9mm

Dec 11, 2013
Dude, look in Note 3 Accessories section, there is a multiple page post on this already. Try searching some it will save people from having to post again lol

the spigen is way overpriced. there are others as good like the Nillkin brand. It has rounded edges too.

Purest

Oct 17, 2011
You can pick one up in the Verizon stores, I'm not sure of the hardness rating, I like the feel, it's rounded, does the job and looks good. It's about 25 bucks, can get them cheaper online but if you need one ASAP, pick one up in the verizon store, they'll install it as well so if they mess up have them do it again free of charge.

But out of all the reviews, the best one seems to be by iloome.

Shofar1

Aug 13, 2010
I'm using the Spiegen - the top of the line one.

It works great so far and fits the Spiegn Sim armour vieww case with no problem.

While I like a good deal too, I don't understand that we buy a VERY expensive Note 3 and then try and cut corners with the Glass and case.

WishRyder

Feb 2, 2008
Waukee, IA
I wish I could use one. On day one, I started with the Verizon tempered glass screen protector and I loved the feel of it, but over a few days time, the top right corner developed an odd sort of hazy "bubble" that wouldn't stay flattened out. I confirmed the screen protector wasn't touching the frame, so I figured it was just the "crappy" store brand screen protector. I decided to go ahead and get a MIME Ghost Glass to replace it, and over the next few days, the same story. Top right corner, bubble.

Upon closer inspection, my Note 3 has an (almost) imperceptible "bend" in the very top right corner of the screen. The only way I could tell was the way the light warps a tiny bit in the reflection of the glass in just that corner. The rigid nature of tempered glass coupled with this slight bend in the phone's glass causes the corner of the protector to lift ever so slightly off the screen, creating the ugly bubble.

The phone was bought new, has never been dropped, and is in perfect condition, it's simply a manufacturing "defect". So, it's back to the regular old screen protectors for me. :(

jacqueline robert

Feb 5, 2014
London

Yes, I used Tempered Glass Screen Protector. It is very nice to use and protect your screen from any scratch or fall in a floor.

aeo 37

Mar 4, 2007
SoCal
I wish I could use one. On day one, I started with the Verizon tempered glass screen protector and I loved the feel of it, but over a few days time, the top right corner developed an odd sort of hazy "bubble" that wouldn't stay flattened out. I confirmed the screen protector wasn't touching the frame, so I figured it was just the "crappy" store brand screen protector. I decided to go ahead and get a MIME Ghost Glass to replace it, and over the next few days, the same story. Top right corner, bubble.

Upon closer inspection, my Note 3 has an (almost) imperceptible "bend" in the very top right corner of the screen. The only way I could tell was the way the light warps a tiny bit in the reflection of the glass in just that corner. The rigid nature of tempered glass coupled with this slight bend in the phone's glass causes the corner of the protector to lift ever so slightly off the screen, creating the ugly bubble.

The phone was bought new, has never been dropped, and is in perfect condition, it's simply a manufacturing "defect". So, it's back to the regular old screen protectors for me. :(

I have MIME "Feather" on mine and don't have any problems.

Hi y`all.

Prefer brando rounded edge.
Removed it though. thought it botched up my proximity sensor.
Turns out it dosn´t work properly even with screen protector removed.
got a new sensor. Haven´t installed it yet. fairly simple though.

You guys have trouble with the proximity sensor?

Regards
ELO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Think there may already be a thread on this, and yes, they are awesome.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2441894

Note 3 Tempered Glass Screen Guard

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
    Hi y`all.

Prefer brando rounded edge.
    Removed it though. thought it botched up my proximity sensor.
    Turns out it dosn´t work properly even with screen protector removed.
    got a new sensor. Haven´t installed it yet. fairly simple though.

You guys have trouble with the proximity sensor?

Regards
    ELO

Nope mine works perfect with Mime ghost glass. On my s4 sometimes lint got inside through the ear grill at the top and that would mess with the proximity sensor. Only thing that worked to clear it is shooting compressed air into the speaker grill. Bam! Works everytime. I haven't had that issue yet with my Note 3 though.