Bluetooth stopped working....

Search This thread

death_entry

Nov 23, 2006
London
Whenever I now try and switch bluetooth on it instantly snaps the button back to the off position, I have tried turning it on in loads of different ways and it just won't come back on...

It was working fine till yesterday, I installed Swapp Link app and let it manage the BT connection and now it won't switch on... I have remove / reinstalled the app and restarted phone etc, nothing has fixed it.. any ideas? ;(

funky0308

Inactive Recognized Themer
Aug 27, 2012
Osijek
Whenever I now try and switch bluetooth on it instantly snaps the button back to the off position, I have tried turning it on in loads of different ways and it just won't come back on...

It was working fine till yesterday, I installed Swapp Link app and let it manage the BT connection and now it won't switch on... I have remove / reinstalled the app and restarted phone etc, nothing has fixed it.. any ideas? ;(

Do you have any app like Liama or similar?
Maybe that app has rule to switch your BT?

If you don't have it, try to restart TS and wipe both cache from recovery (if you have it)

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

death_entry

Nov 23, 2006
London
nope nothing like that, I even disabled "2x battery" battery saving app and that's not helped either :S not sure why it suddenly just stopped as I haven't add any software onto it....

cosurgi

Apr 27, 2014
nope nothing like that, I even disabled "2x battery" battery saving app and that's not helped either :S not sure why it suddenly just stopped as I haven't add any software onto it....

Bluetooth also suddenly stopped working for me. And it is not possible to turn it on. To make things more interesting - I didn't install anything on my omate since I upgraded to TEST_RELEASE_Omate_2100_TrueSmart_20140314.zip on the day when my omate 8GB/1GB 2100 arrived more than a month ago. It worked fine all this time, and without any visible cause it just stopped today.

I wanted to tether to ipad to provide internet connection, while riding in a bus, and suddenly snap - bluetooth turned itself off. I tried restarting omate. I couldn't figure anything to get it back to work.

it happened exactly 6 hours ago. About the time when you made your post.

Last edited:

death_entry

Nov 23, 2006
London
Bluetooth also suddenly stopped working for me. And it is not possible to turn it on. To make things more interesting - I didn't install anything on my omate since I upgraded to TEST_RELEASE_Omate_2100_TrueSmart_20140314.zip on the day when my omate 8GB/1GB 2100 arrived more than a month ago. It worked fine all this time, and without any visible cause it just stopped today.

I wanted to tether to ipad to provide internet connection, while riding in a bus, and suddenly snap - bluetooth turned itself off. I tried restarting omate. I couldn't figure anything to get it back to work.

I will probably flash the bluethooth tether rom and see if that fixes it :)

trent999

Nov 16, 2013
No, just turn off quickboot and power the watch down. When you turn it back on Bluetooth will probably reinitialize and work again. For a while.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Reactions: cosurgi

trent999

Nov 16, 2013
Yep that fixed it for me too :D

Wonder why quick boot knocked it out lol....

Quickboot didn't knock it out. The defective TrueSmart MTK firmware and hardware combination cause all sorts of problems with using Bluetooth, including some that require a full power cycle reset. That is not possible with Quickboot enabled unless the battery runs down or is removed.

funky0308

Inactive Recognized Themer
Aug 27, 2012
Osijek
Glad to see your BT and TS are working fine now...

All el devices could be "fixed" by restarting it.
They are all using RAM and/or dalvik cache and that has to cleared sometimes...
Dalvik cache is a "place" where Android decompile apk files for quicker access, so when you wip dalvik cache from recovery you are clearing everything so system has to decompile apk files again and RAM is cleared also...

It's like fresh start and it "fix" many software issues that way...

If you have ADB tools and rooted device, you can use adb reboot from adb shell, no need to open your watch, lose warranty and pull battery out...

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    No, just turn off quickboot and power the watch down. When you turn it back on Bluetooth will probably reinitialize and work again. For a while.