[APP][4.1+][UPDATED] App Swap, the smart drawer, all your apps one swipe away

Search This thread

ebtokyo

Apr 20, 2013
San Francisco
Your favorites apps one swipe away, from anywhere !

The app has been totally updated, here the highlight :
- new navigation drawer with google playstore categories
- edit your app name, icon, tags...
- mini mode, minimal ui, pure t9, faster launch
- quick swipe, up to direct swipe access to your fav apps
- full icon pack support, theming
- in app search with contacts, youtube, maps...
- many other configuration options

Mentioned on Android Police

http://www.androidpolice.com/2014/1...e-launch-zones-for-lightning-fast-app-access/

Check it out !

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.ebt.appswitch

appswap.gif

qrcode.png

Let me know what do you think ?

Thanks and enjoy

Last edited:

Jakub_Z.

Jul 2, 2013
Very nice idea!
But, but... Not even single setting for unpaid version? That hurts :(

TheArc

Inactive Recognized Themer
Jan 1, 2012
Auckland
Yeah, sad to see no option of customisation for unpaid.

You should add features like, hide app. Grid size and all that

Jakub_Z.

Jul 2, 2013
Yeah - you don't even know what you are paying for. Not mention to test anything and say if you like it or not...
Uninstalled for now but I like the idea.

mathuaerknedam

Apr 23, 2014
Ahhh... The search button offers App Swap. I've not really tried it, but i can see that App Swap is placed a little high, just off the top of my screen.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using XDA Free mobile app

jets76

Dec 18, 2010
Toronto
Great app; bought pro version on a whim. I think this could replace app dialer for me. I have a few suggestions:

-The teal color on the top and bottom should be user selectable; white or black depending on time of would be ideal (in your OP gif it's white so I don't know why it's teal?)
-Option to reverse sort the apps so the most used apps are near the bottom where they're easy to reach with a thumb.
-I like the color sorting feature-neat idea
-More icon pack compatibility; 'Stark' does not work with it?

Reactions: ebtokyo

ebtokyo

Apr 20, 2013
San Francisco
Great app; bought pro version on a whim. I think this could replace app dialer for me. I have a few suggestions:

-The teal color on the top and bottom should be user selectable; white or black depending on time of would be ideal (in your OP gif it's white so I don't know why it's teal?)
-Option to reverse sort the apps so the most used apps are near the bottom where they're easy to reach with a thumb.

Thanks for the feedback ! :good:

Option to reverse sort the apps will ship soon

For the white color, the GIF was an old version. I plan to add color customization in a future release.

For icon pack, unfortunately only FREE icon pack works, I don't have a solution yet for PAID icon pack.

Reactions: jets76

ebtokyo

Apr 20, 2013
San Francisco
Nope, just suggesting this.
Honestly, if the free has those features.
I'd be so happy.

With PAID you get :

- hide any app in the drawer
- uninstall app from the drawer
- open the keyboard on search field when App Swap open (like iOS spotlight search)
- icon pack support, only FREE for the moment
- reverse the app list and scroll from the bottom
- ad free
- and more to come

I should document more this in the app.

Thanks for your feedbacks !

Last edited:

TheArc

Inactive Recognized Themer
Jan 1, 2012
Auckland
Thanks for telling me the features, so others like me know what to expect when they're purchasing the app.

At the moment I don't have any way to buy it so I will continue to use free version. Its still great and I used google now to search for apps anyways so this is just what I need.

Awesome work! Also just a question. What code did you use to get the google now like gesture? Like when you swipe up from home. You get an option to choose which app you want? What code to how can I achieve that?

qulysy

Jun 8, 2008
Nope

It had gotten my attention, considering buying it after some more usage (just to be sure that it is getting along with my N5), but when I saw the ads...
Nope, uninstalled.

jets76

Dec 18, 2010
Toronto
It had gotten my attention, considering buying it after some more usage (just to be sure that it is getting along with my N5), but when I saw the ads...
Nope, uninstalled.

Um, you do realize that if end up testing it and liking enough to buy it there won't be any ads right?

For the white color, the GIF was an old version. I plan to add color customization in a future release.

For icon pack, unfortunately only FREE icon pack works, I don't have a solution yet for PAID icon pack.

Cool. I think the play store page should have more info about paid features etc...I'm an advanced user and even I couldn't figure out all the ins and outs.

Reactions: Dhiraj

kernelmoron

Jun 18, 2013
Bs As
Great app. Just paid for it only to support the developer, the free version is good already.

Would definitely love it if it had xhalofloatingwindow compatibility.

Last edited:
Reactions: ebtokyo

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Your favorites apps one swipe away, from anywhere !

The app has been totally updated, here the highlight :
    - new navigation drawer with google playstore categories
    - edit your app name, icon, tags...
    - mini mode, minimal ui, pure t9, faster launch
    - quick swipe, up to direct swipe access to your fav apps
    - full icon pack support, theming
    - in app search with contacts, youtube, maps...
    - many other configuration options

Mentioned on Android Police

http://www.androidpolice.com/2014/1...e-launch-zones-for-lightning-fast-app-access/

Check it out !

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.ebt.appswitch

appswap.gif

qrcode.png

Let me know what do you think ?

Thanks and enjoy

Nope, uninstalled.

Um, you do realize that if end up testing it and liking enough to buy it there won't be any ads right?

Cool. I think the play store page should have more info about paid features etc...I'm an advanced user and even I couldn't figure out all the ins and outs.
    Great app. Just paid for it only to support the developer, the free version is good already.

Would definitely love it if it had xhalofloatingwindow compatibility.