[ROM] Glassmacka - Ice Cream Sandwich. -"I'm too old for this ****." (11/04 12)

Search This thread
S

stritfajt

Ok it works now. but my phone just showed in the logcat that the phone process died. and well it tried to restart it and then went into a reboot.

And it also showed it was caused by BT audio headset service. BT is turned off but still XD

Yep the bluetooth headset service is bugging out on me.

I'll have a look at this!

stefpaul

Jun 27, 2010
bucharest
Well i made some modifications in the rom...and seems that i can make calls, but the other person on the line can't hear me... and i see that the market isn't working... So i need to install a file manager...

When i installed the rom i got the error : randon offset 0 x 62

I think that when CM9 will be released, we will have a more that a stable rom i think... but we can have a stable rom before CM9 is released...we just need to work:D

Keep you guys in touch if i get things working

Stefan

djsky2011

May 12, 2011
London
Just to let u know stritfajt, all the guys from the galaxy ace forum have a lot of respect for u porting this. Our device is quite similar in archetecture so if u need any help u could pay our forum a visit. Our developers are looking for team members

Sent from my GT-S5830 using XDA App

Loxxy

Dec 29, 2010
Oxford
just checking in will check out again once google account, file manager and file explorer working ... keep up the great work :D :D

dkelley

May 11, 2010
Maple Ridge (close to Vancouver)
yes - it would be REALLY helpful if a free file manager could be included in this rom please.

edit: I keep having to unzip the rom and copy a file manager apk into system/app and then rezip it before I flash it.

Last edited:
S

stritfajt

yes - it would be REALLY helpful if a free file manager could be included in this rom please.

edit: I keep having to unzip the rom and copy a file manager apk into system/app and then rezip it before I flash it.

Will add in the next update! Could you test if data is working for you on this one? Calling and texting is working for me, but I can't get working 3G...

dkelley

May 11, 2010
Will add in the next update! Could you test if data is working for you on this one? Calling and texting is working for me, but I can't get working 3G...

I forgot to test that but I went into mobile data and it automatically foudn my apn from some magical source not found in previous android versions (very cool!) so I selected it but dind't see the typically notification bar indicator of data connection.

I'll test that after I try to flash titanium backup into it. edit: my tit back zip seems corrupted... rebooting now without it and will try data.

phone works but I have no idea if microphone works (I've read here that it doesn't!?). does anyone know if wired headset mics work (like the included stock hero headphones/mic combo)?

S

stritfajt

I forgot to test that but I went into mobile data and it automatically foudn my apn from some magical source not found in previous android versions (very cool!) so I selected it but dind't see the typically notification bar indicator of data connection.

I'll test that after I try to flash titanium backup into it. edit: my tit back zip seems corrupted... rebooting now without it and will try data.

phone works but I have no idea if microphone works (I've read here that it doesn't!?). does anyone know if wired headset mics work (like the included stock hero headphones/mic combo)?

Microphone actually work, just that the person at the other end can't hear you ;) You can hear your own echo though! :rolleyes:

dkelley

May 11, 2010
ok, on rebooting after having previously configured that telus apn, my 3g data DOES WORK!

I HAVE DATA. I HAVE PHONE (except, presumably, microphone built in).

not sure about network based location services though - so far that isn't working for me but wil have to push in a file manager and see what I can get from this.

because popup select boxes dont' work, I can't change my timezone manually (it's wrong and not updating automatically probably due to broken location services).

so it shows 3 hours off time.

I would place a high priority on:
- solving these popup select boxes that don't render (and actually cause an apk reset, like it restarts settings.apk if you do this from within settings).
- solving built in mic functionality.
- keyboard is missing bottom row of buttons - so no punctuation or space character... edit: only problme in portrait, landscape keyboard is fine. I'm sure it was fine in portrait when I flashed alpha 2 originally though... odd

I mean, obviously right? and like I can't help solve the problems, but I figure it's best to point out the items that appear to be broken AND seriously detrimental to every day use of this rom.

I can't BELIEVE how good this is however!

note: downloading file expert apk over 3g right now! update: the file never actually downloaded although it appeared as "downloading" in notification bar with animation that imho indicates waiting to start downloading... could be the url though....

Last edited:
S

stritfajt

ok, on rebooting after having previously configured that telus apn, my 3g data DOES WORK!

I HAVE DATA. I HAVE PHONE (except, presumably, microphone built in).

not sure about network based location services though - so far that isn't working for me but wil have to push in a file manager and see what I can get from this.

because popup select boxes dont' work, I can't change my timezone manually (it's wrong and not updating automatically probably due to broken location services).

so it shows 3 hours off time.

I would place a high priority on:
- solving these popup select boxes that don't render (and actually cause an apk reset, like it restarts settings.apk if you do this from within settings).
- solving built in mic functionality.

I mean, obviously right? and like I can't help solve the problems, but I figure it's best to point out the items that appear to be broken AND seriously detrimental to every day use of this rom.

I can't BELIEVE how good this is however!

I haven't noticed the broken popup boxes actually, will have to take a look at that. I do agree with you regardin the audio though, that must be solved for this to be usable.

riddick541

Jan 10, 2010
I must have done something terribly wrong, because alpha 3 isn't even asking for my pin and doesn't find my sim. Gonna try reflashing and report after

Prof Peach

Sep 14, 2011
Morpeth UK
Could someone stick all the essential root tools in a zip so we can play?
Tit backup,
z4root (or similar)
good file explorer..... (root explorer)

Slow download for v3..... drumming fingers...... Tum te Tum te Tum.

dkelley

May 11, 2010
Could someone stick all the essential root tools in a zip so we can play?
Tit backup,
z4root (or similar)
good file explorer..... (root explorer)

Slow download for v3..... drumming fingers...... Tum te Tum te Tum.

root ex costs $.

use the free fileexpert I posted above instead. it has root capability in settings, but again: root isn't working in this rom for me at the moment.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Congratulations, well done :D

In swedish "riktigt jävla bra, kul att du fick igång det"
    Neither did I with luck of sound in Beta 1.4. Switched back to Beta 1.3.

FYI If you would like to add a little native ICS UI for your Beta 1.3 music app, try music player for ICS by CyanogenMod team extracted from CM9 ROM.
    2sbkenr.png
    v80w2d.png

e129nk.png
    161epvl.png

1zvrfgm.png

Installation:

delete music.apk and musicfx.apk located in /system/app by using file manager like root explorer;

download the CM9 music app from http://goo.gl/CckWp;

install it like any standard apks from your sd card;

done.

It's been confirmed by me the music app itself works fine and has equalizer options and DSP configration enabled, which however, is yet to be tested since they were designed for Samsung Galaxy Nexus. So if you want to modify the updater-script files to make them flashable for Hero running ICS ROMs.

Here are DSP manager install and uninstall zips (NEED MODIFYING) I found from http://sghi777.blogspot.com/2012/03/dsp-manager-music-equalizer-for-stock.html

View attachment DSPManager_ICS_CWM.zip

View attachment DSPManager_ICS_CWM_Uninstall.zip
    Keep the good work!

Last few days I was just about to buy a new phone (Galaxy Note or Galaxy Nexus) but my girlfriend convinced me that it was stupid spending €500 on a phone that does just a few things better that the one I have at the moment (Hero). She is absolutely right; I will wait patiently until the death of my Hero!

And this thread sounds like a "breeze of newness" to my old Hero. It would be really great to have ICS fairly working on those thousands still remaining Hero users...

This post doesn't actually helps any particular ROM development. Although I think a positive feedback and a slight sign of happiness brings energy and hope to the ones working on it. And it is as needed any technical knowledge :)

Thank you very much you all for your efforts.
    Flashed the previous version, will flash again once the touch screen is working :)