WiFI not scanning?

Search This thread

NickFu400

Apr 4, 2012
The phone: HTC vivid, s-on, stock ICS rom unlocked, rooted, faux kernal

The problem: WiFi doesn't seem to scan. It will turn on, get past the "turning on..." phase, but then just flashes between "Scanning" and "disconnected" and doesn't find any networks.

The first mod to the phone a long time ago was to root on the stock ICS rom. Everything worked fine. Eventually I decided to flash Jellybean, then decided to go back to the stock rom because of the call volume issue. Since I've gone back to stock rom, I've been having this wifi issue.

I saw another thread recommend to flash faux kernal. I did that, and had the "turning wifi on..." sticky issue. Fixed that, and now i'm back to the scanning issue.

I also saw a recommendation to flash boot.img but haven't tried that yet because I'm not sure if there is a special one I have to flash to match the kernal, rom, or...?

If someone can tell me which boot.img to flash, or any other suggestions let me know please! Thank you!

cmerlyn

Aug 17, 2011
Rohnert Park
The phone: HTC vivid, s-on, stock ICS rom unlocked, rooted, faux kernal

The problem: WiFi doesn't seem to scan. It will turn on, get past the "turning on..." phase, but then just flashes between "Scanning" and "disconnected" and doesn't find any networks.

The first mod to the phone a long time ago was to root on the stock ICS rom. Everything worked fine. Eventually I decided to flash Jellybean, then decided to go back to the stock rom because of the call volume issue. Since I've gone back to stock rom, I've been having this wifi issue.

I saw another thread recommend to flash faux kernal. I did that, and had the "turning wifi on..." sticky issue. Fixed that, and now i'm back to the scanning issue.

I also saw a recommendation to flash boot.img but haven't tried that yet because I'm not sure if there is a special one I have to flash to match the kernal, rom, or...?

If someone can tell me which boot.img to flash, or any other suggestions let me know please! Thank you!

You might think about trying Albinoman's KitKat nightlies. Many people (including myself) are getting very good in call volume, and the rom is really good.
My two cents...

ernestriderxx

May 1, 2012
Somewhere
Wifi scan problem fix

What you need to do, if your phone is S-Off, is to flash the boot.img in the .rar file of the ROM you flashed

1.place the boot.img in root of your SD card or internal
2. reboot to flashboot
3. plugin usb (should say flashboot usb mode)
4. run adb from adbtools (google this if you don't have it) and type in the following commands to CMD
-NOTE: Run CMD on the same folder as the adb files

Command:

flashboot flash boot boot.img

5. restart phone
6. Voila! Fixed Wifi, and other problems u may have

projectisaac

Jan 7, 2014
I'm pretty sure you only need to flash the boot.IMG for of you're s-on. S-off will automatically flash it from the zip file.

Sent from my Vivid 4G using xda app-developers app