Z1s LED Light on Back (Mods, please move to Q/A)

Search This thread

Don_Perrignon

Jan 13, 2011
San Antonio, Texas, USA
Compared to other phones, does this LED light (using for flashlight) perform a lot less than other phones or is it just mine? Compared to my phone in the past, this LED is VERY dim. My S3 had an overwhelming bright light.

Last edited:

ahomad

Jul 11, 2011
I have not really compared mine with any phone, I will compare the Z1 with SGS4 when I get home from work and let you know

scoobdude

Jan 8, 2008
Light out put is less than my N4

Sent from my C6916 using xda app-developers app

dakunclear

Jul 26, 2011
Calgary
You don't want it strong like iPhone or the likes it kinda kills the photo and makes it to cool that is why on a dslr the flash is usually taken about 1 second before the shot so it dims a bit before the photo is shot so it adds more warmth rather then making the photo over cool

Sent from my C6906 using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 06:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:10 PM ----------

It's less then a second but ya you get the point

Sent from my C6906 using xda app-developers app

TheCraig

Sep 3, 2011
Helloooooooooooooo
Yes, it's very weak. With my Galaxy S3 it would perform better than a torch when it was dark outside. With my Xperia Z1 its crap as a torch. I'm not to bummed about it. Hell I hardly ever use Flash anyways.

system02

Jun 11, 2010
You should note that the Led is dim if you use it as a torch with a widget or program. But in camera mode when it's used as a flash it is pulsed much brighter! Test it for yourself. :)
@TheCraig: Yep, same here. I guess the Led of my Play could be used to make fire. ;)