Best browser for SM-60x?

Search This thread

vprasinos

What browser do you use? I am trying to find the a browser that has the following features:

1. Smoothness. Must have hardware acceleration enabled. I find that UC Browser HD is good in this section.
2. Has good HTML5 support (tested from html5test.com). I find Dolphin has the best.
3. Has fast javascript.
4. Supports gestures.
5. Supports proper fonts as set by site. For example UC Browser uses system fonts and it sucks..
6. Supports flash.

From my findings so far with Exynos (P600):
UC Browser is the smoothest because of hardware acceleration, has gestures, has flash, html5 support is good but not good at rendering fonts.

Dolphin with jetpack is close in smoothness but swiping up and down is too fast and the page goes to its top or bottom by a slight touch. Has the best html5 support and the gestures are not so great as UC.

Chrome beta is a bit behind in smoothness, great html5 score but lacks in gestures and no flash. I don't even discuss Chrome (plain), it is very jerky.

Firefox is a big dissapointment. I think however that Note 3 is great with firefox. I need some opinions from the Note 10.1 2014 Snapdragon users for Firefox (P601, P605).

Maxthon sucks bigtime. Your opinions please and if there is a dev that can suggest a speedup for a browser is welcome.

PS: I use a SM-P600 and have CleanRom and Bindroid kernel.

fantasmanegro

Apr 27, 2012
Dolphin with JetPack is a very good combination for html5 support but without jetpack is far from Opera Browser...

i have tested a lot of web browsers and the best browsers i found were Opera Browser, Boat Browser, and UC Browser (this one always freezes with no reason)

hpblze

Nov 17, 2010
Opera, for overall smoothness. I use Outlook. Com to check my emails and Opera does the best rendering for that site too. Only gripe is the tiny fonts.

ProFresh4

Mar 20, 2013
Tampa/Lutz FL
I use different browsers for different things but my list in no particular order

Chrome
UC Browser HD
Opera
Firefox
Dolphin w/ jetpack

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: T3KN0P13

clouds5

Feb 8, 2011
You guys might wanna try Habit Browser (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=jp.ddo.pigsty.HabitBrowser). It is fast&smooth and extremly customizable. Probably the most feature packed browser in existance.
It takes some time to set it up and the menus might overwhelm at first but once you're done its amazing.

UC might become my primary browser in the future, but there are some issues (like font size) that need to be worked out first.

Reactions: ProFresh4

golfinggino

Nov 23, 2011
burlington, on
I use the aosp browser on this tablet and all my devices I find it fast enough and I like the quick controls

Sent from my C6806_GPe using XDA Premium HD app

ProFresh4

Mar 20, 2013
Tampa/Lutz FL

Attachments

• 1395438967986.jpg
    1395438967986.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 347

skyhigh73

Jan 5, 2014
Cairo
I am using different browser. They are: Chrome, Firefox, Stock Browser and Skyfire Web Browser.

But I use Chrome most often because it is synchronized with my PC chrome and it supports pages translation..

Medy89

Jun 30, 2013
You got the right man here.... uc browser ftw dude xD..... i contacted the developers several times and they listened and added my features :D .... like the scrolling button which appears when you scroll very hard :D ... that comes from me telling them haha xD im their nr 1 tester xD.... I tested like almost every browser .... some come close but fail at smth....
And dude I advise you dont upgrade to kitkat... because you will have to stick with dolphin which freaking sucks your battery dry by playing flash.... 10 percent in 1 minute no lies happened to me.... if you have trouble with font size try ...exposed module "app settings" its awesome...you can even enable fullscreen mode which hides the status bar.... i am all about that stuff.... if you have more questions contact me... ill give you some advise.... those previous comments really have no clue what browsers to use :D ...... uc is the best ... i kinda would have wished for a decent firefox browser... but that thing is just so bad...... Uc browser dude there is nothing better... i even use an older version of it on my note 2 :D .... i wanted a browser which comes close to firefox on desktop.... uc is the choice.... other browsers have issues that casual user dont notice but there are there.... these ppl will recommend you any kind of random browser :D .... uc nails it for a great UI ... adblock and widget buttons... and much more.... it comes closer to perfection every update :D ... try contact the devs for the font issue..... it doesnt bother me ... so....

Last edited:

kitfel

Dec 15, 2010
Floating boat+lecture notes = no lag while writing and using web.
If anyone has used boat, and found something better then I'll try it :).

The Apostle

Jan 27, 2012
Saint Louis
OnePlus 6
OnePlus 8T
I use boat browser on all my devices as my default.

toyanucci

May 28, 2010
OnePlus 9
I use boat browser on all my devices as my default.

I tried it and love it, especially how fast and fluid it is, but is there any way to sync chrome bookmarks? Chrome has broken me bad in that regard.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Reactions: ProFresh4

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    There is no point just saying which browser someone uses without mentioning their model. The P600 is exynos which behaves differently than the P601/P605. Please state your browser along with your model as smoothness is subjective to the processor.
    I use different browsers for different things but my list in no particular order

Chrome
    UC Browser HD
    Opera
    Firefox
    Dolphin w/ jetpack

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    You guys might wanna try Habit Browser (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=jp.ddo.pigsty.HabitBrowser). It is fast&smooth and extremly customizable. Probably the most feature packed browser in existance.
    It takes some time to set it up and the menus might overwhelm at first but once you're done its amazing.

UC might become my primary browser in the future, but there are some issues (like font size) that need to be worked out first.
    Boat browser for tablets

with floating windows is the best!!!
    I use Firefox Beta because I can syncrhonize it with my desktop-firefox and it's the only browser that does not corrupt downloadsand websites of my university.