Unable to boot into recovery and boot android

Search This thread

krisando

Mar 1, 2011
I know why it happened, it was caused by me as I wiped the factory reset without cleaning the cache. As every rom, kernel and Android version change configuration is unique.

Unfortunately, usually I'd boot into recovery and re-flash it there. But when I do, the CWM/recovery logo appears for a second and then continues to boot forever. Not in a boot loop, just stuck at boot. I've tried installing a different recovery, no change. It may be skipping that as it's stuck in first boot after a flash.

Odin3 will find my phone, but it doesn't seem to support zip files like CWM does.

Is there any way I can flash a rom, clean cache or anything, without the recovery?

Sorry for bolding my text, I know how tiresome some people find reading.

krisando

Mar 1, 2011
Odin recognizes. tar files not the zip files... Just download . tar file for your recovery and then flash it via Odin.. read a guide for that before doing that...

Unfortunately recovery doesn't always seem to work these days, I suspect it ignores recovery on first boot.

Download this: http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/3/?download=26624 . Put the phone in Download mode, connect it via USB, add the firmware in the PDA section and hit start :p

Sweet as, it's unbricked now.

jim80b

Mar 29, 2011
I had similar experience

Was on devil kernel, reformatted to f2fs all workng.
Tried dual boot, was in 2nd rom
The internal storage was showing no free space, checked and I was only using 3G of the 12
System was not happy

Dropped into recovery and formatted /intsd
Recovery rebooted automatically and would not do anything,
Reboot, entered recovery, rebooted, etc,etc

Dropped into download, Odin flashed cwm recovery,
Formatted partitions back to ext4, restored nandroid.
All back to normal....

Leaving f2fs alone for now

Top Liked Posts