[GUIDE] Faking US Play Store without Market Unlocker or *ROOT*

Search This thread

Misledz

Jun 1, 2011
Cebu City, Philippines
Now before I begin, most of you had lost the ability to use Market Enabler/Unlocker due to the recent update on Google Servers which now upon purchase tracks down your actual location and ties down your account to your location.

So here's the deal on how to get it back. Without rooting. Without any Unlocker.

Requirements-

- 2 Android Phones.
- VPN (TunnelBear or HotspotShield)
- Patience

Now before you jump into conclusions, that "OH VPN" Just remember, that when you get off the VPN, Exit PlayStore and open it again, it re-asks you to "Accept" terms which brings you back to your local playstore. Boohoo. Here's proof on my side at the end of this post.

Instructions

Phone #1

- Open Play, Download the app called TunnelBear VPN
- Clear Market Cache/Data after Download
- Register with TunnelBear/Hotspot VPN and connect to it.
*Make sure you are connected and are receiving packets!*
- Open Play, Accept the terms and you will now be greeted with the ever so friendly US Play store as shown below. (Refer to Image #1)
- Once accepted, tab out and back in to make sure it sticks without exiting, do not exit the app via Multi window!

Phone #2

- Clear Cache/Data on Android phone #2
- Open Play *Without connecting to VPN*
*This time, it will ask you to accept terms, but lead you to the US Play Store*

Phone #1

- Disconnect from the VPN from Android #1 used and tab back to Play.

For those who doubt my location, refer to Image #2

Finally, to prove that this works, I have loaded Play on all my devices (Cleared Data/Cache for devices that were not used in this setup) and without the use of any VPN they all loaded Play US Store. (Refer to Image#3 and #4)

Explanation

If you own a device or more that share the same account such as, Phone#1 and Phone#2 share the account you use for Purchase (To share paid apps between devices) Google servers check with each device

eg: Phone #1 location = US, Proceed. Welcome to US Play. Disconnect VPN
Phone #2 location = <Your country>, Check Phone #1 <VPN Disconnected already>, Location ≠ US, resend Terms Policy. Reset.

And yes they can determine your carrier and location without you knowing, When you install an app via Play it shows under devices as

Play_zps91275ba8.png

But if you had faked initial Device #1 and accepted, then accepted via Device #2, it check's back with Device #1, Since Device#1 says US, it proceeds with what permission was granted first to the gmail account <US Play Permission due to VPN>.

Screenshot_2013-02-20-23-47-59_zps2981df8e.png

Screenshot_2013-02-20-23-34-57_zpsf19e8074.png

DSC_0552_zps5b958ff8.jpg

DSC_0551_zpsf1540637.jpg

Last edited:

bluppfisk

Sep 2, 2010
This didn't work for me. My one device was able to get the US store by connecting to a VPN, but me other device stubbornly shows the store available to users in China. Just SOL then?

mbeltoft

Aug 15, 2010
Sv: [GUIDE] Faking US Play Store without Market Unlocker or *ROOT*

Can't get this to work. Even after clearing the data and cashed and connecting to vpn I still get the Danish app store

Sendt fra min Nexus 10 med Tapatalk2

mbeltoft

Aug 15, 2010
Sv: [GUIDE] Faking US Play Store without Market Unlocker or *ROOT*

Did it all in that order multiple times. Still no go.
Is there other ways of faking us market - with or without root?

Sendt fra min Nexus 10 med Tapatalk2

jenskristian

Dec 5, 2009
Kristiansand
Phone #1

- Open Play, Accept the terms and you will now be greeted with the ever so friendly US Play store as shown below. (Refer to Image #1)

Doesn't work for me. The quote over is how far I get. Using a VPN application doesn't get me into the US Play Store anymore. Google has absolutely changed something since the Nexus 4 launch (which I bought using Tunnelbear on my PC).

Misledz

Jun 1, 2011
Cebu City, Philippines
Doesn't work for me. The quote over is how far I get. Using a VPN application doesn't get me into the US Play Store anymore. Google has absolutely changed something since the Nexus 4 launch (which I bought using Tunnelbear on my PC).

I'm able to get into the play store just fine. Just clear cache and data, then connect into it with tunnelbear

udygubu3.jpg

Still works fine for me o___o just make sure your tunnelbear is receiving packets

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk HD

alexxfreeman

May 2, 2011
Here's something I tried that works.

1- Install Hotspotshield app or any other VPN
2- Open Play Store. Now you should be in U.S Store
3- Find an app you want to download / purchase
4- Start the download and just as it begins to download cancel it.
5- Now it should be in the 'My Apps' list under 'All' and you can download it without VPN at any time.

The benefit is that VPN can really slow down your connection especially when downloading bigger apps.

theliquid

Jul 11, 2010
Vienna
I used this VPN method several months.
But now it seems that Google bound my account to my REAL country. I can't make it work any more.

To show you that my account is bound I give you an example: accessing playstore my PC.
I activate my US VPN.
I browse to play.google.com. (not logged in in Google Account). I can see all US playstore content.
BUT: when I login into my account (with VPN activated) I only can see the playstore content of my REAL country.

I already delete all my billing addresses etc. Sadly this didn't help.

Any idea how to fix that?

Reactions: josephedward

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Now before I begin, most of you had lost the ability to use Market Enabler/Unlocker due to the recent update on Google Servers which now upon purchase tracks down your actual location and ties down your account to your location.

So here's the deal on how to get it back. Without rooting. Without any Unlocker.

Requirements-

- 2 Android Phones.
    - VPN (TunnelBear or HotspotShield)
    - Patience

Now before you jump into conclusions, that "OH VPN" Just remember, that when you get off the VPN, Exit PlayStore and open it again, it re-asks you to "Accept" terms which brings you back to your local playstore. Boohoo. Here's proof on my side at the end of this post.

Instructions

Phone #1

- Once accepted, tab out and back in to make sure it sticks without exiting, do not exit the app via Multi window!

Phone #2

- Clear Cache/Data on Android phone #2
    - Open Play *Without connecting to VPN*
    *This time, it will ask you to accept terms, but lead you to the US Play Store*

Phone #1

- Disconnect from the VPN from Android #1 used and tab back to Play.

For those who doubt my location, refer to Image #2

Finally, to prove that this works, I have loaded Play on all my devices (Cleared Data/Cache for devices that were not used in this setup) and without the use of any VPN they all loaded Play US Store. (Refer to Image#3 and #4)

Explanation

If you own a device or more that share the same account such as, Phone#1 and Phone#2 share the account you use for Purchase (To share paid apps between devices) Google servers check with each device

eg: Phone #1 location = US, Proceed. Welcome to US Play. Disconnect VPN
    Phone #2 location = <Your country>, Check Phone #1 <VPN Disconnected already>, Location ≠ US, resend Terms Policy. Reset.

And yes they can determine your carrier and location without you knowing, When you install an app via Play it shows under devices as

Play_zps91275ba8.png

But if you had faked initial Device #1 and accepted, then accepted via Device #2, it check's back with Device #1, Since Device#1 says US, it proceeds with what permission was granted first to the gmail account <US Play Permission due to VPN>.

Screenshot_2013-02-20-23-47-59_zps2981df8e.png

Screenshot_2013-02-20-23-34-57_zpsf19e8074.png

DSC_0552_zps5b958ff8.jpg

DSC_0551_zpsf1540637.jpg
    does this work with the latest play store version 4.1.6??

Thanx for the help
    Just tested again and I can download US only apps including keyboard could these apps not be available for your phone? Anyway if you want I can send you the keyboard?

Thanx

Those apps are available...just not in my country.(thats what it says on the google play website)

Naah i can find apks of these apps pretty easily....just want the all available play store especially because its not available in my country yet...

I am sure you understand ( similar to the urge of wanting the latest android version on an ageing phone :p)

One question
    did you add a payment account (google wallet)...or were you able to access all US content without one?

I'll probably try again later...this time without sim and on airplane mode..

Anyway Thanx for the help
    I got it working although I had to set up a dummy US account so connect to your VPN wipe market data then open playstore and create a new account,this time it will be connected to the US market :)

Tried this,

Created a new google account while on VPN, wiped play store data and downloaded and app from play store using new account (while on vpn)

and it sorta worked....i got to the play store screen which shows magazines and music too (in india it doesnt show these)....but none of Google's US only apps were visible eg Google keyboard, or Sound Search for Google play...

So it didnt really work....:(

Thanx anyway
    nice work bro ! this is awesome :D thanked u :p