[TUT]Decompile and compile apk and jar files

Search This thread

PradeepMurugan

Oct 2, 2013
Karur
In this tutorial i will show you how to decompile and compile apk and jar files with apktool and apk multitool

Apk multi tool

It is easy to use than apk tool and i prefer to use it

- Download apk multitool.zip from here
- Extract apkmultitool.zip to somewhere in a single folder
- Place the apk you want to decompile inside files folder

open AndroidMultitool.exe which inside apkmultitool folder

Screenshot_111.png

Now click on select file under decompiling menu and open the file you want to decompile from files folder

Screenshot_112.png

now click decompile

Screenshot_113.png

After decompiling it will show like this

Screenshot_116.png

Screenshot_117.png

You will find the decompiled file in decompiled apk folder if its a apk and in decompiled jar if its a jar file, now show your modding skills in xml, smali files and pngs
After you complete modding lets recompile it. to recompile select the open file option below recompile menu and open the folder

Screenshot_118.png

click compile

Screenshot_119.png

the compiled apk will be in compiled_apk folder and jar file in compiled_jar folder. Now most important thing, if you are editing any file inside system the file will work without signing it, if it is in data partition you have to sign it. sign it using the signing option

PradeepMurugan

Oct 2, 2013
Karur
Using Apk Tool

Apk tool

To use apk tool you need these 3 files
download this zip
extract the zip file to a single folder
search cmd.exe in c and copy it to that folder

it should look like this

Screenshot_120.png

open cmd.exe and you should see that it navigates to folder location like this

Screenshot_121.png

now copy the apk or jar file that you want to decompile in that folder. Before decompiling the file you must install it so first use this command to install it, i took SystemUI.apk for this tutorial

type “apktool if SystemUI.apk” and press enter

Screenshot_122.png

Now time to decompile, to decompile type “apktool d SystemUI.apk” and press enter. If its successfully decompiled it should show like this and the decompiled apk will be in the same folder named SystemUI

Screenshot_123.png

Now time to show your modding skills after completing editing the files you can compile it again
To compile it use “apktool b SystemUI”

it may show some errors you can simply ignore it

Screenshot_124.png

and the build apk will be inside SystemUI/dist folder

Now you have known how to decompile and compile apk and rar files with both apk tool and apk multitool

Last edited:

jagnik

May 5, 2013
Punjab
after recompile,, i think we have to place META-INF from original apk to modified...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    In this tutorial i will show you how to decompile and compile apk and jar files with apktool and apk multitool

Apk multi tool

It is easy to use than apk tool and i prefer to use it

- Download apk multitool.zip from here
    - Extract apkmultitool.zip to somewhere in a single folder
    - Place the apk you want to decompile inside files folder

open AndroidMultitool.exe which inside apkmultitool folder

Screenshot_111.png

Now click on select file under decompiling menu and open the file you want to decompile from files folder

Screenshot_112.png

now click decompile

Screenshot_113.png

After decompiling it will show like this

Screenshot_116.png

Screenshot_117.png

You will find the decompiled file in decompiled apk folder if its a apk and in decompiled jar if its a jar file, now show your modding skills in xml, smali files and pngs
    After you complete modding lets recompile it. to recompile select the open file option below recompile menu and open the folder

Screenshot_118.png

click compile

Screenshot_119.png

the compiled apk will be in compiled_apk folder and jar file in compiled_jar folder. Now most important thing, if you are editing any file inside system the file will work without signing it, if it is in data partition you have to sign it. sign it using the signing option

Using Apk Tool

Apk tool

To use apk tool you need these 3 files
    download this zip
    extract the zip file to a single folder
    search cmd.exe in c and copy it to that folder

it should look like this

Screenshot_120.png

open cmd.exe and you should see that it navigates to folder location like this

Screenshot_121.png

now copy the apk or jar file that you want to decompile in that folder. Before decompiling the file you must install it so first use this command to install it, i took SystemUI.apk for this tutorial

type “apktool if SystemUI.apk” and press enter

Screenshot_122.png

Now time to decompile, to decompile type “apktool d SystemUI.apk” and press enter. If its successfully decompiled it should show like this and the decompiled apk will be in the same folder named SystemUI

Screenshot_123.png

Now time to show your modding skills after completing editing the files you can compile it again
    To compile it use “apktool b SystemUI”

it may show some errors you can simply ignore it

Screenshot_124.png

and the build apk will be inside SystemUI/dist folder

Now you have known how to decompile and compile apk and rar files with both apk tool and apk multitool