How do i update the galaxy player to android 2.3.5?

Search This thread

gadgetuk99

Oct 29, 2007
Yes i saw that to but I've had a few problems with it not working properly with bbc iPlayer with the live TV only sound no picture... same with TV on app ads display fine but soon as live TV starts then same problem sound but no picture.. even tried flash 10.3 still the same... decided its not for me glad tesco had 10 day returns policy... stick with my Asus transformer works great just liked the 5" size...

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

cramblda

Mar 5, 2011
I assume the UK version is like the rest of the non-US versions? Has the hardware button in the middle, instead of all three capacitive buttons?

If so, I am guessing the leaked GB firmware files already linked the development forum will work on your device. I have flashed the Korean and the Italian (I think?) on my US device before I knew it would break the capacitive buttons. Other than the buttons the firmware seemed fine. I have since flashed the US firmware back on the device.

You could backup your system and kernel with dd before trying any new firmware and then be able to restore if needed.

chrisc74

May 3, 2012
a few questions

hi all

i have been looking through the forum to try and find the right answers to my questions and i havent really found any.

i recently brought the uk version of the galaxy s player wifi 5.0.
i thought i would be able to upgrade to gingerbread using kies but i was not able to.

here are my questions.

1. is gingerbread worth upgrading to?
a: is the camera better. Zoom and video from front camera
b: is the battery life better. hard use i get a day. medium use 2 and a half.

2. does any one know if samsung will do a uk update or not?

3. whats the best custom rom for my device?
yp-g70cb (xeu) froyo.xxkd6 uk version.

4. if i do brick it is there an easy fix?

any help would be great

thanks.

chrisc74

May 3, 2012
update

hi all.

just to let you all know i updated to 2.3.5 using a tutorial from youtube.

it seams to be working quite well. the only difference so far is the wifi is working better. the camera has an extra res setting but nothing else. not sure about the battery.

i was wondering about the 2.3.6. i might leave it for now and see how this version goes.

i asked samsung about a uk update and they said they didnt think it was going to get one. cheers samsung.

thanks for the help.........:mad:

anyway if anyone has used the 2.3.6 and its better it would be nice to know.:eek:

Top Liked Posts