[Q] Safe HTC apps to remove

Search This thread

CrimzonEyed

Sep 6, 2010
Gävle
Is there a list of apps that are safe to remove from the HTC wildfire? Like footprint, peep and other **** like that.

EDIT: by the way tryed to with Root explorer to change bootanimation in the system folder but i can't get it to R/W, even tryed
$ su
# mount -o remount,rw /system

Last edited:

ryandi7

Aug 18, 2010
I know when I removed HTC Peep, I can't go to Account & Sync in Settings, it always FCs. You need to have the AUFS overlay kernel in order to mount system to R/W while not in recovery mode. And if you haven't known this already, the bootanimation.zip that you need to replace is located in system/customize/resources. Have fun =)

CrimzonEyed

Sep 6, 2010
Gävle
I know when I removed HTC Peep, I can't go to Account & Sync in Settings, it always FCs. You need to have the AUFS overlay kernel in order to mount system to R/W while not in recovery mode. And if you haven't known this already, the bootanimation.zip that you need to replace is located in system/customize/resources. Have fun =)

I have AUFS overlay kernel allready and it still didn't work to get R/W on system folder.
And I'm using Titanium Backup to unsintall stock apps. However, i wan't to know if it is safe to remove certain apps. for example from http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=581976
I dont know if its safe to remove those apps only because it was safe on the Hero.

ryandi7

Aug 18, 2010
Yeah I just tried, AUFS overlay kernel doesn't let me write files too.

Have you gotten adb working?

CloseToEureka

Jul 19, 2010
Have you managed to delete some safely? I'm planning to do this too but quite dubious of which ones to remove. Basically I wanted to get rid of bloatware like peep, friendstream, g-talk etc

Izzysoft

Though the questions are a bit older here, I still see no answer. Did you figure out something?

I use Titanium Backup as well, but I didn't yet dare to really delete any of the stock apps. However, I tried freezing some (one by one), and it looks safe for the following apps so far:

• MobileTV (came with the T-mobile branding)
  • TopApps (came with the T-mobile branding)
  • Peep
  • Stocks
  • Stocks Widget (obviously belongs to the Stocks app)
  • Facebook for HTC Sense
  • Friend Stream
  • Friend Stream Widget
  • Twitter Widget
  • Flickr

Froze them about 2 months ago, looks fine so far. Ah, besides: I'm still running Eclair (Android 2.1), so I cannot tell for sure if this applies to Froyo (2.2) as well.

Did anyone figure out some more meanwhile?