Wouldn't recommend HTC Legend

Search This thread

ranger4740

Jan 17, 2011
Melbourne
IMO I'd rather have mechanical buttons just like my old dumb phones, so, this is a personal preference rather than IMHO an epic fail.

sent from my legend, currently using extream legend fuse™

Doggsbody

Dec 16, 2010
I went from Legend to Razr and I much prefer the mechanical buttons of the Legend.
I love both phones, but there is just something special about the lil' ol' Legend.

I agree with previous comment on pros and cons exactly.

Signal strength, ram and battery life could have been better, else perfect for my needs.

Sent from my XT910 using XDA

Earayil

Aug 5, 2011
Dubai
The legend is a great phone and it is not that difficult to root the legend...
just need to know how to do it..

ranger4740

Jan 17, 2011
Melbourne
I reckon that the One V is the true successor

Sent from my HTC One V using xda premium

Just had a look at the one V and I agree it's definitely the closest successor to our lovely little legend. It even has the same shape case no track ball though but I don't think its a huge loss and on the plus side it DOES have a micro SD slot. :D :thumbup:

sent from my legend, currently using extream legend fuse™

aveenhuysen

Dec 11, 2011
Barcelona

Nice phone and enjoyed it a lot when I had it, but when I changed to the LG P970 Optimus Black with 4 inch screen. It would not even come up in me to go back to my Legend. :)

Earayil

Aug 5, 2011
Dubai
It is a good phone. But the touch seems to stop working properly after 1ad1/2 years. I know two others who had the same problem.
But still loved it when it worked properly.

wipeout_uk

Apr 7, 2012
I like the mechanical buttons... one nice thing about the Legend is it having a "menu" key - always in the same place, even in ICS.

Last edited:

Traniz

Mar 18, 2011
My precious icon, my Legend.

I like the mechanical buttons... one nice thing about the Legend is it having a "menu" key - always in the same place, even in ICS.

This.
Part from the fact that my Menu button is slightly soft (almost like it's lost a pin that holds it's left side).

I've had it since... well almost 2 years as well and while it's slow and all that it's a great phone and even though I've had it on S-ON all this time I've installed and edited various ROMs and currently running CM7, but will install Blay0's awesome Sense ROM when I get my HTC One X.
Don't know if I will sell my Legend or let it collect dust.
If I decide to let it collect dust, it'll really become a legend since it was my first phone since Nokia 6500-S and first Android phone as well.

Don't hate the Legend, it hates you for giving up.
It's like a tsundere girl, hard to please and hard to manage but damn attached to you and vise versa.

Stevemotto

Dec 21, 2011
Sydney
This.
Part from the fact that my Menu button is slightly soft (almost like it's lost a pin that holds it's left side).

I've had it since... well almost 2 years as well and while it's slow and all that it's a great phone and even though I've had it on S-ON all this time I've installed and edited various ROMs and currently running CM7, but will install Blay0's awesome Sense ROM when I get my HTC One X.
Don't know if I will sell my Legend or let it collect dust.
If I decide to let it collect dust, it'll really become a legend since it was my first phone since Nokia 6500-S and first Android phone as well.

Don't hate the Legend, it hates you for giving up.
It's like a tsundere girl, hard to please and hard to manage but damn attached to you and vise versa.

Nice tsundere analogy ;)

Sent from my Legend using xda premium

eladbo

Mar 3, 2012
it's not bad

sure, there are phone better then the legend
but it's a small comfortable phone for basic users..

and his build is great, two years and not even one repair... and it fall a couple of times.

Earayil

Aug 5, 2011
Dubai
sure, there are phone better then the legend
but it's a small comfortable phone for basic users..

and his build is great, two years and not even one repair... and it fall a couple of times.

I used it for 1 1/2 years. The build is solid did take many falls. But my touch became unresponsive.

Sent from my MT11i using XDA

JohanArie

Apr 28, 2012
Still using it for almost 2 years now, not a single problem. Rooted with with fuse 2 , runs fluently. Next phone will definitely be a HTC again.

Sent from my Legend using XDA

gallery

Jun 6, 2009
Tuticorin
Legend is not the bad phone at the time of release
I bought it on July 2010.
At that time in india legend is the only phone running Android 2.1.
Desire not released in india.
Hero not updated.
Nexus one not at all released.
I have choice between Nokia E52 and Legend.
I am one of the big Nokia E-Series Fan.
I need sturdy build quality.
One day i ready to go and buy E52 due to change of my mind I need to wait for another month.
Finally in July 2010 legend is in my hand.
Such a beautiful phone.
Now I search for sturdy build quality phone with good specifications.
Still i am searching...........

Traniz

Mar 18, 2011
Legend is not the bad phone at the time of release
I bought it on July 2010.
At that time in india legend is the only phone running Android 2.1.
Desire not released in india.
Hero not updated.
Nexus one not at all released.
I have choice between Nokia E52 and Legend.
I am one of the big Nokia E-Series Fan.
I need sturdy build quality.
One day i ready to go and buy E52 due to change of my mind I need to wait for another month.
Finally in July 2010 legend is in my hand.
Such a beautiful phone.
Now I search for sturdy build quality phone with good specifications.
Still i am searching...........

Same month I got mine. It was shipped with Eclair but I was STUPID to update to Froyo before S-OFF it.:mad:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is a really bad phone for anyone looking for an Android/HTC phone.

It's slow, imposs to root and has such a small screen.

AVOID.

PS, get yourself a HTC Desire S, beast of a phone.

Don't be a really bad troll.

It's Stupid, imposs to reason ans has such a small...

AVOID.

PS, get yourself a carrot, best for others.
    Sirius.

I love my Legend, It's better than my wifes Wildfire and more stylish than the other phones. Best of all, it's mine and I can do what I want too it and it does what I require just as well as my friends Desire HD or sensation, the difference is theirs is a bit quicker ;)

HTC need to come out with the Legend S in a few months, I think it should have these specs: 4.3"/4.5" screen, 2Ghz quad core, 1Gb Ram, 32Gb on board with SD slot for more, along with the usual wifi/BT/Radio etc :D

That'll make it a Legendary phone :cool:

I hope too!!
    Legend isn't bad, it's just an old mid-range phone ...
    Why we dont just delete this thread. I mean telling us who like our devices that it looks or works bad is kind of pointless. Thats like saying my girlfriend is better because she can jump over the fence faster

Sent from my Legend using XDA App
    The CPU being 800MHz is enough to do most tasks. Sure it's not instant but really? Is it that important day-to-day to have immediate gratification?

The MAIN problem with this phone, as I have one and am replacing it with the Galaxy Nexus, is the memory.
    384MB, which HTS sense + 2.2, leaves you with almost nothing.

As the apps get larger and larger from each update, I am finding that I have to uninstall apps.

APPS2SD doesn't upgrade on my device any longer, where I'm left moving to the phone then update, then back to SD...

Either way, the unique shell being aluminum and a AMOLED screen make the phone worthwhile

Thought It's 600mhz?

-------------------------------
    Sent from my HTC Desire S