ZTE N61 (portuguese TMN Bluebelt) - ROMS?

Search This thread

mmick

Apr 30, 2007
Hi,

these in to ask for help to all ROM experts around here. I´ve had several QTEK/HTC and it was with all the help from you that I got the most of them!

Now (and lots of people, specially in Portugal) have a ZTE N61 (Portuguese clone is called TMN BLUEBELT).

http://images.google.pt/images?hl=pt-PT&q=tmn%20bluebelt&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wi

People already found how to access bootloader, hard reset, etc but we´re stuck with the default WM 6.1. This is a very nice and cheap phone with a Qualcomm 528Mhz CPU, 64 or 96Mb of RAM (AFAIK), 3.2MP AF camera, WIFI, BT A2DP, A-GPS, 256Mb ROM.

If anyone knows how to get the ROM, change it and how to update it on the phone it would be FANTASTIC. I hope Portuguese people and ZTE N61 (and clones) owners care to join in here, please post/help/find help :D

elkefro

May 27, 2009
Hello,

I'm a Portuguese user of this phone, and an upgrade to this ROOM would be great specially the photo and video features.

Best regards

madsurfer1

Mar 9, 2008
I dont believe that will ever get a rom kitchen or even a new rom in XDA-Devs, cause the phone in question is only sold in China and in Portugal

I guess, that´s the price to pay wen someone buys a cheap phone :S

l0sts0ul

Jun 16, 2009
A nice piece of electronics but damn...this camera needs some work! Not enough ligh. Outside=gr8; Insinde=0. :S

TiGuy82

Jun 11, 2008
I wish I could find a fix for the VideoCamera that Record really slowly (like 1 frame per second!).

And the possibility to run Internet Explorer using WIFI, without connecting to the GPRS.

SandStorm

May 1, 2007
yes, it is possible!
go to "ligações do browser" in teh settings and mark up the detectar definições automáticamente.
Also, when you run IE, it will open TMN services, so, that's why u'll get a error.
anyway, myself use opera on my bluebelt.

about the video stuff, check mine here:
http://www.pocketpt.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=28378&st=580&gopid=194256&#entry194256

first post in that place.
i did a recording. sure, it's not amazing, indeed the maximum is a interpolation.
But at least, is not the 1 frame only.
try to hard reset your device, btw.

SandStorm

May 1, 2007
i forgot another thing!
if u want, you can use a app named "nodata" to block the grps connections.

mcp_jon

Mar 12, 2008
Lisboa
What about Windows Phones ?

Anyone ever heard of it ?

BTW, still looking for those ROMs. It can even be with 6.1, but in ENGLISH, please.

Kind regards.

bonell

Sep 21, 2009
Guess it´s up to us BlueBelt users to figure it out.. about the rom, there´s an official upgrade in TmN´S SITE... but no news bout the damn camera (pretty good in day light.. but in night time better do a drawing... :rolleyes:

Dev Null

Aug 26, 2009
Szeged
Hi Guys!

I have one of this, but not from TMN... This is a free with Chinaunicom logo. The WM6.1 installed does not contain any software for the GPS, no application can find it! Is there a TMN english ROM somewhere? I guess some device driver is missing...

inculto

Dec 20, 2009
Coimbra
i updated my bluebelt with the new room update provided by tmn ( its the working phone call operator that i'm blocked in the pda ) and don't have any problems with the camera...
but im not sure if it was a problem with the phone or the software cause i never tried to work with the camera until i made the update.
i dont use it to camera work lool
thks

inculto

Dec 20, 2009
Coimbra
Hi Guys!

I have one of this, but not from TMN... This is a free with Chinaunicom logo. The WM6.1 installed does not contain any software for the GPS, no application can find it! Is there a TMN english ROM somewhere? I guess some device driver is missing...

hi your phone have internal gps?
cause in our case we can use our licence from ndrive but one friend of me many gps programs on it and worked... tom tom navigo and others...
only need the program gpsgate to make the porforwarding i think...
i really dont know sure how to do it but i know it works fine...
many other users of portugal did it...