[Disscussion] All about 4.3 JB

Search This thread

illgodson

Sep 3, 2010
Nope it was never in 4.0.4, it started to come in 4.3 it was mentioned in the changelog of the camera when it was posted from the Google Edition. Custom roms have had this feature for awhile now.

OK cool I thought so, I knew customs have been had it, just been so long since I was stock anything I couldn't remember lol

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

Marcb

Aug 11, 2008
Nope it was never in 4.0.4, it started to come in 4.3 it was mentioned in the changelog of the camera when it was posted from the Google Edition. Custom roms have had this feature for awhile now.

My bad! I thought he was talking about taking screenshots!! :laugh:

Last edited:
Reactions: illgodson

chrisgtl

Feb 16, 2011
Rochdale
I flashed the wifi fix from 4.3 and it seems to working!!!

I don't think the 4.3 wifi fix for 4.2.2 works. I've just tried this myself and my Nexus 4 still stops responding to pings after 10 or so minutes.

As soon as I wake my phone up the pings start responding again.

I think we will move forward when the the other bits and pieces get released.

scoobdude

Jan 8, 2008
I don't think the 4.3 wifi fix for 4.2.2 works. I've just tried this myself and my Nexus 4 still stops responding to pings after 10 or so minutes.

Try to turn off Wi-Fi optimization and report back please

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

prioxxx

Mar 8, 2011
Greece-Patra

Yes you have right!After 15 minutes I don't have notification..

mofunzone

Aug 7, 2011
to be honest, I only want to know if they fixed the damn msm_hsic_host wakelock under 3G
but since we dont have a new radio yet so I guess its hard to tell now
anyone would like to install better battery status and take a look?

thanks

Reactions: bigbrovar

KingBeike

started a ping test with my nexus now...after 8 minutes everything looks fine.. i turned off wifi optimation before starting the test...

ping starts around ~35 and raises in 4 to 6 rows up to 200ms and then gets back to ~35 and it starts raising again.. but no connection fail.. we will see

EDIT: Seems to be fixed for me? my pc pings the phone 1263 times, and only 5 packaged get lost... and that randomly and only single fails.. not 2 together.. and it starts to respond directly after it without touching or waking the device.. so this is good news?

Last edited:

prioxxx

Mar 8, 2011
Greece-Patra
started a ping test with my nexus now...after 8 minutes everything looks fine.. i turned off wifi optimation before starting the test...

ping starts around ~35 and raises in 4 to 6 rows up to 200ms and then gets back to ~35 and it starts raising again.. but no connection fail.. we will see

EDIT: Seems to be fixed for me? my pc pings the phone 1263 times, and only 5 packaged get lost... and that randomly and only single fails.. not 2 together.. and it starts to respond directly after it without touching or waking the device.. so this is good news?

Ι don't know.Did you try after deep sleep to send email or message in fb to see if the device will wake up?

Charles_l

Oct 24, 2010
chromloop.com
About the Camera and Gallery improvement in 4.3, maybe you can find something interesting in my reviews.

View attachment 2126902

Photo editor improvement:
New filters,
Better pic quality,
New editor UI,
faster but more heat.
http://chromloop.com/2013/07/what-is-new-in-android-4-3-jelly-bean-new-gallery-photo-editor-review/

Camera improvement:
Take photo by volume key,
New arc menu,
New shot animations,
Countdown timer,
Autofocus speed up(not sure)
http://chromloop.com/2013/06/android-4-3-camera-features-review-on-nexus-4/

Actually, the Gallery app might have been updated to the 4.3 version automatically in stock Android 4.2, reported by some people, it is the same app as the 4.3's.

BTW, people who are using 4.2 and want to try the new 4.3 gallery and camera can download the apk directly, you should intall the gallery.apk. if you copy and paste it by root explore you might get photo editor keep FC,(at least I met such problem.)

One bug: camera autofocus status freezed if you keep touching the screen while you didn't move the phone. maybe the new baseband will fix this issue.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts