[Q] New to Android. I think I've ruined my install, wifi no longer turning on.

Search This thread

MarcG2014

Jun 28, 2014
Hi All,

I recently purchased a Nexus 7 (2013). Its my first Android device and so far I've been really enjoying using it.

I managed to root it and installed Multi-rom. I have two roms on it. Stock 4.4.2 and another Kali based rom.

Anyway recently I saw an update for 4.4.3 and I tried to install it from my stock 4.4.2 rom ( I'm thinking this was a mistake?)

Anyway it download and the booted into recovery mode. I wasn't sure what to do and I just rebooted it again and opened up my Stock image.

The issue is now I cannot turn on Wifi for some reason. From the Wireless conections page it just says 'turning on wifi' but never does. If I boot into my other rom wifi works fine.

The version of Android on the stock rom still says 4.4.2. My Kernel version is 3.4.0-g80964c2 and the build number is KOT49H.

I'm kind of new to all of this and don't know how to proceed. If anyone could help me it would be very much appreciated.

Cheers.

MarcG

MarcG2014

Jun 28, 2014
Just use this: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2389107

It will even download the correct images for you.

Thanks k3lcior!

I guess I can use this to get back to a clean known state with the 'Flash Stock + Unroot' option.

However I was wondering is there a way to update my internal ROM when I've got multirom installed? Trying to update from within 4.4.2 seems to have gotten me into this mess in the first place, so I'm trying to learn how I should update my internal stock rom in the future?

cheers.