[q] help! Bricked samsung intercept!

Search This thread

KJOM

Oct 27, 2010
Chicago
Last year(late 2010, maybe mid November), I rooted my phone and flashed recovery with no problem s at all. Some time after that I added Apps2SD and that went smoothly with no problems for about a week. I purchased an 8 GB SD Card for more storage room and after I partitioned it and switched the cards my phone started acting up so i rebooted it. After that I was stuck in a boot loop, so i tried to flash it back to stock but it wouldn't take to it no matter how I tried, whether it be through recovery or SW Update. So then I tried Odin Multi loader(cant remember which version but at the time I made sure it was the one meant for the Intercept) after I flashed it with the Stock through Odin, the phone bricked. Now it will not turn on in any way(recovery or other) the only thing it does do is vibrate when I plug it in to a computer, and it will occasionally show battery life through the touch screen and keyboard buttons by lighting them, but as soon as the it is unplugged it is a brick. I see the little bit of functionality as a little bit of to be able to fix this phone whether through ADB or another function but I desperately need help with this. Can someone please help me fix this phone?

note: I currently have a Samsung Transform as my main phone so if the Intercept can't be helped then it's not that big of a problem.

markalyea2

Sep 19, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
When you root a phone you put the rom, and recovery onto the sd card. changing sd cards disrupts this process. Put the old sd card in and tell me what happens.

bigwooly

Nov 23, 2010
see if you can get it into download mode with the battery out.

Pull battery
connect to computer with usb
vol down + camera + end

If you get into download mode this way flash the stock.tar using SWUpdater.

alain2hoty

Jan 13, 2011
Ok I've got the same problem with my intercept as well, So i just like to add (maybe its just me) that when i plug my phone to the computer the phone shows that its still functions right (without the screen on), I'm able to make calls, and receive them as well (with the touch of the answer button) but just the screen doesn't turn on, AT ALL!, so KJON i don't know if your having the same problem as me but I'm just a noob and i wouldn't know what to do. But there's some ammo if you need it.

kennypark1

Oct 21, 2011
I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM! i dont even know where /sdcard/sdx/zip/ is!
My phone is also a samsung transform and not and intercept and whenever i press vol down+ Power, only the function buttons at the bottoms light up but not the screen
i am a noob.
help?

Last edited:

EM07

May 1, 2012
noooooob here...i didnt wanna start another thread since i have this same problem, so i hope someone reads this..

couple days ago i bricked my sprint intercept i was using SWu and forgot to take the Binary files for the Moment out so now i cant get my phone to DL mode, ive been searching since saturday night and have tried every Button combo posted and nothing, my phone will not turn on and ofcourse it isnt recognized by my pc BUT, ive noticed that only when its plugged in to the computer after trying to power it up several times it´ll vibrate then the 4 touch buttons will react to either the call or end button, also it makes the low battery sound and if i press the camera button it makes the volume sound but i CANT get to download mode, can i bring my phone back or is it done with? help please! and thanks in advance...

hazard1nc

well, i would say boot into rrecovery by making the phone off either power button, or remove and replace battery.

next, you will need to press and hold in order: power/end call, call, and volume down.. this should boot recovery mode.

lastly, use the red scroll device to go to reset facory defaults or factory recovery, use common sense while looking. select with clicking and use arrow back button to go back to recovery main, then reboot to system. easy as pie.

Last edited:

dosangst

May 16, 2012
DTW
Have you tried ODIN or ADB?

I have flashed the Intercept numerous times, soft bricked more than once, I was always able to recover using either the stock bootloader, CWM recovery, or flashing the ROM/Kernel directly using ODIN or ADB.

If you are still having these issues drop me a line and I'll gather some links together that should get you back up and running.

If the phone will not boot at all, even with a charged battery, I would definately try contacting Virgin Mobile and escalating the issue. I've had plenty of luck replacing devices claiming that the device just dropped dead without notice. They are usually good about sending out a replacement phone, and on rare occasions even giving you an upgraded unit if they are out of stock.

Good luck!

das_webos_transformer

Feb 3, 2012
Did you use Odin or the swupdater?
Bug difference. Sounds like there's a missing boot loader.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app

kafkacell

Nov 13, 2007
Willemstad
Hi, did you guys fix your bricked phones? Today I have bricked my Samsung transform (bad flash went with SW upgrade.
Only vibrates sometimes and the buttons flash a little, but no boot at all. Is there any chance to fix it? even with Jtag?

regards