[ROM][SOFT-MOD] OpenOptimusGT540 | Android 2.2 | Built to look like LG P500

Search This thread

meddistar

Jan 2, 2011
sorry airbus but i dont think ,that this is a port from the original 2.2 from lg p500.
1. there is no DvixRegistration button/field
2. in original p500 rom is at the bottom software number and here not
3. the launcher is english only
4. there arent lg apps

nothing against you i just say waht i think sorry

despotovski01

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 1, 2011
Skopje
I've tryed porting a 2.2.1 and 2.3.x from P500.
But have a few issues in some parts.

First and realy hard stuff is RIL (calling).

Other not a problem.
But any way we start to porting a new kernel and then I hope we can get an "official" and fully worked 2.2.x or 2.3.x ROM's from LG.

Knowing LG, they'll never update our device. They released the Eclair update when Gingerbread was just around the corner. They didn't release LG Optimus 2X and 3D with Gingerbread too. According to me, it's better to get official CyanogenMod support.

Reactions: meddistar

Jamielawther

Mar 27, 2011
Knowing LG, they'll never update our device. They released the Eclair update when Gingerbread was just around the corner. They didn't release LG Optimus 2X and 3D with Gingerbread too. According to me, it's better to get official CyanogenMod support.

It's clear to say I will never buy another LG again, I used to think it was okay, But the resistive screen has become more and more annoying over the past few months.. HTC and Samsung seem to be providing the most updates for their devices, And they look far better too ;)

@Airbus BTW , I didn't get a Blackberry, Waiting untill tomorrow and hopefully getting a Galaxy Ace on contract :)

Last edited:

despotovski01

Jan 1, 2011
Skopje
It's clear to say I will never buy another LG again, I used to think it was okay, But the resistive screen has become more and more annoying over the past few months.. HTC and Samsung seem to be providing the most updates for their devices, And they look far better too ;)

@Airbus BTW , I didn't get a Blackberry, Waiting untill tomorrow and hopefully getting a Galaxy Ace on contract :)

I agree. I hate the fact that this phone has a resistive screen! ::mad:: My dad has an iPhone 3G and it's far more responsive than my phone.

fishears

Dec 15, 2010
github.com
Yes, and it cost the same as GT540? You get what you pay for. Back on topic please...

Sent from my GT540 using XDA Premium App

airbus360

Dec 9, 2010
Update

Beta 1.5 will be release today

Changelog:
Brightness, Sound, APN Settings Force Close is Fixed
Kernel based on Quarx's Latest sources
Overall Faster Performance
Trimmed down System Image; now only 129mb
Screen Calibration now Works! :D

The First boot will be quite slow. Be patient.

Last edited:
Reactions: dil2011

airbus360

Dec 9, 2010
Wireless Tethering

I have got Wireless tethering working and FM Radio is working will be uploading Verson 1. Its no longer a beta. It is now upgraded to Android 2.2.2

Last edited:

airbus360

Dec 9, 2010
Version 1 is being Uploaded

I am uploading Version 1 of OpenoptimusGt540.

Change Log:
- Wireless Tethering
- FM radio
- Better Battery Life
- Beta 1.5 Camera Bug is fixed
- SNS is Fixed Once again [Very Buggy but works well]
Problem:
- Video Playback isn't very smooth and the colours are all Jumpled. Due to Codec issues.

EDIT: Upload going Very Slow

Last edited:
P

pcfighter

Nice build.prop in new version :) It's really port from p500 ?

Ahem ...
27956777719403660957.png

Last edited:
P

pcfighter

hmm, but why you have similar bugs ? (for example, codecs or camera)

And I saw in other version build.prop from OpenSwift ... ril config is the same, so I don't think that it will be necessary ...

And ... how you upgrade rom to 2.2.2 ? :D

btw: very funny ... It seems the only things ported is the framework-res, graphics, and some Lg apps. Sorry, but I think that.

Last edited:

hash87

Jul 25, 2008
Well, for me its pretty obvious what this ROM really is - previous version was just SOFTMOD of openswift and the current version is just SOFTMOD of pcfighter's FroYo AOSP. Its really hard to say that this is Optimus One Port - the only thing airbus360 did was adding some applications from P500 (SNS, LG launcher etc.) and changing theme (different icons and some graphics). IMHO topic name should be changed to reflect that this is softmod and not actually a P500 ROM port.

fishears

Dec 15, 2010
github.com
I don't know what this really is but the p500 widget ports are gold in themselves for me. Look at all efforts as good efforts. Be more positive. That's my message for this Friday night...

airbus360

Dec 9, 2010
Guys you caught me. i was trying to make this look as much as the p500 as possible. with widgets, apps and speed.

NoDze

Lol xD I read half of the thread in search of some kind of answer for my problem and in the end I get to know that this is only a heavily Softmodded 2.2 xD ok, in version 1, apps that go to SD simply disappear after a reboot . Is it just me, or a problem ? :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    LG Optimus One Port for LG GT540 Beta 2

Version 1.0 "SoftMod" Out soon!

Works:
    - WiFi
    - Wireless Tethering
    - Bluetooth
    - SDCard
    - GPS
    - Apps to Install to the SDCard
    - GSM (2g/3g)
    - Camera (MP4 Recording)
    - Sensors
    - Flash Player (Not all but some games/video websites)
    - Multiple SDcard Partitions support.

Not Working
    - Codex aren't full
    - The BT headset doesn't work.

Added/Removed Apps
    - LG FM-Radio (Removed due to force close)
    - LG IME from LG Optimus One

KNOWN BUGS
    - LG Home crashes when changing Volume (No idea why, Open a app then change the volume)

TWEAKS
    - Cache2sd
    - Battery Tweak for Superb Battery Life
    - Faster Network Tweaks

CHANGE LOG:
    Change Log Upcoming 1.5:
    Based on CM6 for better Customization.

Download Links

Beta 2 for Recovery: Here

Code:
    [URL="http://www.mediafire.com/?yrof10xxhgtwx1g"][B]Beta 1[/B] For Recovery[/URL]
    [URL="http://www.4shared.com/file/oUMe9Kdf/backup.html"][B]Alpha 1.1[/B] For Recovery[/URL]
    [URL="http://www.mediafire.com/?bj4vioyc5jgn654"][B]Alpha 1[/B] For Recovery[/URL]

HOW TO INSTALL
    Video Tutorial
    Extract the Zip file and copy the 2011-07-15.23.57.29 folder to your Clockwork/Backup folder on your SDCard. Reboot your phone into recovery and restore the backup.

If you want Fastboot then Extract the zip and take the System and Boot img to your fastboot directory.
    Command:

fastboot -w
    fastboot flash system system.img
    fastboot flash boot boot.img
    fastboot reboot

Youtube Video
    LG GT540 | OpenOptimusGT540 Rom | Android 2.2 | Beta 1.1
    LG GT540 Optumus One Port Beta1

Screenshots Below :) Enjoy
    I know the system is large. But what is Mur4iks bootloader builder? Thanks in advance :D

He's written a program (Windows .NET only) that lets you specify your system and data partition sizes. It then creates the custom bootloader and lets you flash it directly (no KDZ needed).
    Screenshot-Swift%20bootloader%20tools%20by%20%40Mur4ik.png

Get it here: http://kulkoff.com/swift/
    How do we use the bootloader tool? Newbie

Mur4ik says:
    "Yep, its tested on my phone and its worked (Win7 x64).
    That programm require a MS .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 installed on your system.
    And you should install adb/fastboot drivers. And phone alredy should be with activated fastboot. Rest .... a few clicks and you get system/data sizes as you need .
    Oh and run SwiftBootloaderBuilder.exe with administrator rights.

Its safe because ist not a KDZ method."

Have to admit I haven't tried it myself yet because I hate booting into windows
    Correct. I ported this with DSIXDA's Rom Kitchen.

And you did a fantastic job. I love the new widgets :)

Beta 1.1

Beta 1.1 uploaded. comes with minor fixes and faster performance