[TOOLKIT][GUI][MULTI-PLATFORM] Ultimate Backup Tool v2.0 - Full backup without root

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

underface

Mar 18, 2012
in my motorola razr (ver from europe) doesn't work restore - i made backup (options 1) but when I choose restore and type password twice that shows popup with information "restore succesful" but application and data dont restore ;/
where i made mistake?

allend

Feb 11, 2010
that's what I told, you can't see any output. just copy the batch-source (hxxp://pastebin.com/pCHm38Ry - link from first post) into a new bat file (e.g. UBT.bat) and put a pause before the cls.

That's just a cheap workaround but you can see the messages - use this: hxxp://pastebin.com/Xrwy7Ct3

BTW: it's ridiculous that I am not allowed to post a link to pastebin because I don't have 10 posts... does xda want me to spam 9 posts now?

Source here:
Code:
@echo off
REM All kudos goes to Gigadroid - I just put a pause before cls ;)
title Ultimate Backup Tool
goto menu
:menu
pause
cls
echo				    Ultimate Backup tool
echo				        by Gigadroid
echo				     xda-developers.com
echo.
echo Notices:
echo Make sure that USB Debugging is enabled!
echo This will not back up SMS messages!
echo Set a desktop backup password under Developer Options. It seems it would fail otherwise!
echo The backup will be saved in C:\backup\backup.ab
echo.
echo What would you like to do?
echo.
echo 1. Backup all without system apps
echo 2. Backup all with system apps (unsafe)
echo 3. Backup app and device data (not the APKs themselves)
echo 4. Backup apps
echo 5. Backup device shared storage / SD card contents
echo 6. Restore
echo 7. Quit
echo.
:choice
set /P C=Choose a option:
if "%C%"=="7" goto quit
if "%C%"=="6" goto restore
if "%C%"=="5" goto sd
if "%C%"=="4" goto apps
if "%C%"=="3" goto appsdevice
if "%C%"=="2" goto system
if "%C%"=="1" goto all
goto choice
:all
echo Look at your phone.
echo Wait until you see a message saying 'Backup complete' or your phone returns to the home screen.
adb backup -apk -shared -all -nosystem -f C:\backup\backup.ab
goto menu
:system
echo Look at your phone.
echo Wait until you see a message saying 'Backup complete' or your phone returns to the home screen.
adb backup -apk -shared -all -system -f C:\backup\backup.ab
goto menu
:appsdevice
echo Look at your phone.
adb backup -all -f C:\backup\backup.ab
goto menu
:apps
echo Look at your phone.
adb backup -apk -noshared - nosystem -f C:\backup\backup.ab
goto menu
:sd
echo Look at your phone.
adb backup -noapk -shared -nosystem -f C:\backup\backup.ab
goto menu
:restore
echo Look at your phone and type your password.
adb restore C:\backup\backup.ab
goto menu
:quit
exit
:end
i channged the script and now i got the error massage :" adb: unable to connect for backup"
what do i need more to do ?

underface

Mar 18, 2012
my firewall shows this information

Attachments

• zagorzenie.JPG
    zagorzenie.JPG
    27.4 KB · Views: 431

myvijay

Apr 23, 2012
Just what I was looking for

'Option 2' is the most tempting one, I suppose if I use 'Option 1' am going to loose all those text messages anyways but not sure why I would still loose all those SMSs if 'Option '2 is being used. Option 2 is marked as unsafe, is there any known problem on it, atleast on the GNex on which you did most of your testing. Am currently on non-rooted 4.1 Yakju build, I suppose Option 2 should be safe enough for just unlocking the bootloader and rooting the device with the same Yakju build, wondering if it would work if I tried the Takju build (with just the wallet app being added). Would like to know if someone has tried this and hit a wall , if not am going to give it a shot anyways and thanks again for making something this useful :good:

--Vj

Last edited:

momuskk

Aug 28, 2012
Zelów
Option 4 not work with HTC Sensation XE, it created only 1KB file (i tested it even running ubt with admin rights).

Some attempts ends with phone restart, but after manual restart, option 3 finished successful.

Gigadroid

Dec 31, 2011
Osnabrück
First, thanks for the script!

Since this is a batch file using the old cmd.exe it does not support UNC paths. Starting the executable from a network-path results into redirecting the work dir to the default windows directory.
Too bad you can't even see any output streams (Standard Out, Standard Error) because the batch goes back to menu and clears the screen. At least it would be a good idea to redirect all output to a logfile (>> backup.log or just errors 2> errors.log) so you can read messages like
Code:
adb: unable to connect for backup

I will include it in the next Version.
I will release it tomorow.

Started UBT.exe as admin on my Win7 x64 and before make a backup i must create a backup directory on c:!
Without it doesn't works.

Tip. When i fire my command in a cmd window like:
Code:
adb backup -apk -noshared -all -nosystem -f backup23082012.ab
..its create the backup file where adb.exe is.

Is there a tool around here to unpack the *.ab?

Oh, and on my device it works without a desktop password.
My PC has created a backup directory by itself.
Here is a tool to unpack .ab files: github.com/nelenkov/android-backup-extractor

in my motorola razr (ver from europe) doesn't work restore - i made backup (options 1) but when I choose restore and type password twice that shows popup with information "restore succesful" but application and data dont restore ;/
where i made mistake?
Maybe you have moved your backup?

my firewall shows this information
I can assure you that the file is not a virus. Some bad people use to EXE conveted Batch files to bypass virus scanners.
Use a more famous virus scanner and you will get no warning.
'Option 2' is the most tempting one, I suppose if I use 'Option 1' am going to loose all those text messages anyways but not sure why I would still loose all those SMSs if 'Option '2 is being used. Option 2 is marked as unsafe, is there any known problem on it, atleast on the GNex on which you did most of your testing. Am currently on non-rooted 4.1 Yakju build, I suppose Option 2 should be safe enough for just unlocking the bootloader and rooting the device with the same Yakju build, wondering if it would work if I tried the Takju build (with just the wallet app being added). Would like to know if someone has tried this and hit a wall , if not am going to give it a shot anyways and thanks again for making something this useful :good:

--Vj
It's marked AS unsafe, because i don't know what happens when someone made a backup from a 4.0 ROM and restored it in a 4.1 ROM.

Last edited:
Reactions: n0j0e and eyrienne

eyrienne

Apr 14, 2008
Version for Mac/Linux (bash)

Hi everyone

A simple version for Mac below. Thank you very much for providing the original.

pastebin.com/s8VtMqwk

I hope the link works, I can't post external links in here

Unfortunately I cannot get the adb commands to work on my device (samsung s3, miui 2.8.17).
I have set the development password but all I get are zero byte size backups.

I'll keep on trying :)

Thanks a bunch, xda is the best. :good:

cheers

Gigadroid

Dec 31, 2011
Osnabrück
Hi everyone

A simple version for Mac below. Thank you very much for providing the original.

pastebin.com/s8VtMqwk

I hope the link works, I can't post external links in here

Unfortunately I cannot get the adb commands to work on my device (samsung s3, miui 2.8.17).
I have set the development password but all I get are zero byte size backups.

I'll keep on trying :)

Thanks a bunch, xda is the best. :good:

cheers
Thank you,
I will put it to my first post.

allend

Feb 11, 2010
i made it . it's working. i just needed to install the HTC-SYNC program on the computer. and option 2 also working...

2uk3y

Sep 3, 2010
Malaysia
look like the adb.exe stay in Processes after UBT.exe quit. so maybe Gigadroid can add taskkill command to kill the adb.exe task to free up some memory...

Code:
:quit
taskkill /f /im adb.exe
exit

TQ ;)

vitors

May 8, 2012
Hi guys,

I made an option 1 backup yesterday with my Galaxy SII GT-I9100 , looks like it worked fine... 7.7GB file of backup :p

But i have a question, Gigadroid if i'm using the stock ROM on my SII, can i install another ROM like CM9 and then restore the backup that i made? This will recover all my data, games and saved games? (dont care about sms, and this other stuff ^^)

btw i'm using ICS 4.0.3.

Thanks.

flomitdreio

Oct 12, 2009
Hi guys,

I made an option 1 backup yesterday with my Galaxy SII GT-I9100 , looks like it worked fine... 7.7GB file of backup :p

But i have a question, Gigadroid if i'm using the stock ROM on my SII, can i install another ROM like CM9 and then restore the backup that i made? This will recover all my data, games and saved games? (dont care about sms, and this other stuff ^^)

btw i'm using ICS 4.0.3.

Thanks.

I'm also interested in this, is it possible to restore the backup on a different device.

For me, I want to push the backup from my HOX to the N7.
Will it work without doing any harm to the N7???? (HOX is 4.0.3 , N7 is 4.1.1)

Thanks

vitors

May 8, 2012
I'm also interested in this, is it possible to restore the backup on a different device.

For me, I want to push the backup from my HOX to the N7.
Will it work without doing any harm to the N7???? (HOX is 4.0.3 , N7 is 4.1.1)

Thanks

Well, im not trying to restore in a different device, just a different ROM of the same device...

But its a interesting question too...

Tks

Tomen8r

Jul 12, 2012
New England
Thanks for useful tool

Thank you for sharing this very useful tool. I used it on my VZW S3 with no issues at all. I was able to create backups using options #1 and #3. Thanks for putting this together. Mucho appreciado ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    30siupz.jpg

With this tool, you can completely backup your device without root or unlocked bootloader.
    I have tested it so far only with my Galaxy Nexus, but it should also work with other devices running Android 4.0+.
    So you can unlock your bootloader without losing your data.
    With version 1.1, not all parts of the program will be downloaded, only the necessary.
    The most tools in the "Tools" section are for the Galaxy Nexus, but more devices will follow soon.
    Now the final release of v2 is out!
    The UI is complete, it's much easier to use.

Screenshots
    aut4lx.jpg

Tutorial (thanks to AndyCr15)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xa0vnq_ce-M
    If you use v1.2.2 you don't need to copy the UBT to platform-tools.
    It would be nice if someone would do a tutorial for v2 :)

German Tutorial:*click*

Download

Windows

Ultimate Backup Tool v1

Ultimate Backup Tool v1.1

Ultimate Backup Tool v1.2

Ultimate Backup Tool v1.2.1

Ultimate Backup Tool v1.2.2

Ultimate Backup Tool v1.3

Ultimate Backup Tool v1.3.1

Ultimate Backup Tool v1.3.2

mod edit: Using pay per click links is against XDA rule 13

3. Advertising and Income Generation

Commercial advertising, advertising referral links, pay-per-click links and other income generating methods are forbidden. Do not use XDA-Developers as a means to make money.

Mirror link (not always up to date; thanks to chip.de)

ROM Backup Digital Cryptor

Mac OS / Linux

Ultimate Backup Tool v1 (thanks to eyrienne)

mod edit" more pay per click links

Source
    UBT

ROM Backup Digital Cryptor(Alpha, post bugs below; big thanks to Marijuana Legal/Marijsoft :D)

Changelog

v1
    • Initial release

v1.1
    • Added download feature
    • Changeable path for backup
    • Added "Tools" section
    • ADB preloads
    • Added pauses
    • Added ADB and fastboot check
    • changed Window size
    • returning to .bat because some virus scanners have indentified it as malware

v1.2
    • Path will now be saved
    • fixed problem with preloading ADB
    • added version number
    • added Option to backup a single app
    • added CWM for GS2 and GS3
    • fixed Option 2 to install CWM to Verizon

v1.2.1
    • hopefully fixed the bug with backup functions

v1.2.2
    • changed window size
    • spelling mistake corrected
    • advanced ADB and fastboot check (thanks to 2uk3y)
    • some UI adjustments (thanks to 2uk3y)
    • recognizes if it runs on x64 or x86

v1.3
    • full S2 and S3 support
    • german translation (thanks to TheMaurice)
    • added device and version check
    • added notification if backup has been finished
    • added device informations
    • added "Incorrect input" notification to all menus
    • added pop-ups

v1.3.1
    • fixed a bug with pop-ups
    • added pop-ups for backups of a single app
    • fixed a bug with path of backup of a single app

v1.3.2
    • option to capture a problem
    • added package list
    • added Galaxy Note support
    • ADB updated
    • Fastboot updated

v2.0
    • Added rootmethod for Samsung Galaxy S4
    • Added option to flash zip
    • Added rootmethod for many devices (Doom4lord4Root)
    • Updated option to block ads
    • Added cloudservice box
    • Added form to report bug in programm
    • Updated gpubli (google ads)
    • Add image to cloud (experimental) (save your photo sdcard cloudservice picasa or flikr - only donation***ImageToCloud) in this version zip file folder image and uploading to google drive
    • Added CloudManager to add upload to your cloud with a application you get if you donate
    • Added donationbutton (Marijuana Legal don't have a job, he's so sorry)
    • Fixed language(English language is default)
    • Fixed update search and download
    • Fixed Backup/restore list single app

Known problems
    • Problems with the HTC One series
    • Problems with Sony devices from 2011

When you have a problem make sure you have correctly installed drivers.

Donations
    Nobody has donated so far, be the first :D

Our little team
    • Gigadroid (Scripting)
    • Marijuana Legal (GUI for Windows and Mac)
    I have fixed the problem.
    The compiler has built crap.
    And yes, it requires a ADB connection
    Sorry can't give simple instructions because my pc got ****ed up again -.-
    Use the youtube tutorial with v1.3.2 if you really don't know how to use it.
    I stopped development on this and Marijsoft clearly failed the campaign for v3 so I think there will be no v3 :(
    This tool started a wave of programms (e.g. Helium etc.) that were so much easier to use than this, yeah awesome but not for us because nobody is interested in this because we were to slow to develop a good looking and easy UI :(
    I think it's dead now, it was my first project here, it looks like the next one will be an android app..

As that this project seems to be dead and there income generation links in the op I think it is best we just close this thread down

Thread closed
    @vitors and flomtidreio: It SHOULD be no problem as long as you haven't made a Backup from system apps.
    Malware?

The "Ultimate Backup Tool" referenced above comes bundled with a program called "Conduit" which has been reported as malware. Conduit installs itself in your browsers as the default search and blocks you from re-setting your previous default. Then it apparently shares your information all over the place. As a result, I declined to install the Ultimate Backup Tool even though I had the option of un-bundling Conduit. My trust was shot . . . . -Anonymous