Bestbuy offering $100 off new Tab S for any working tablet trade-in.

Search This thread

mitchellvii

Jul 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
www.executivedecision.biz
Please remember that this was the Samsung dude at Bestbuy that told me this. Based upon my experience with them, they have little to no idea what is actually happening with their products. Case in point, whenever I go to my local Bestbuy, the Gear Watches are ALWAYS out of power and can't be tried. I asked the Samsung guy why the watch was out of power and he literally DID NOT KNOW how to charge it up.

Either these employees are the dumbest people alive or Bestbuy just hands them a "Samsung" shirt and zero training.

Regardless, I am hoping this $100 story is true, but consider the source. We'll see.

Reactions: Rubenyz

sillyphillie

Jul 7, 2009
Please remember that this was the Samsung dude at Bestbuy that told me this. Based upon my experience with them, they have little to no idea what is actually happening with their products. Case in point, whenever I go to my local Bestbuy, the Gear Watches are ALWAYS out of power and can't be tried. I asked the Samsung guy why the watch was out of power and he literally DID NOT KNOW how to charge it up.

Either these employees are the dumbest people alive or Bestbuy just hands them a "Samsung" shirt and zero training.

Regardless, I am hoping this $100 story is true, but consider the source. We'll see.

I called a BB store in Delaware and spoke to one of the Samsung rep. He stated that the $100 trade in offer is real but he thinks it's if you pre order the device at the store and not online. He also stated that the deal won't be there on launch day. He could be just trying to pull me in the store today but I'm going to try it and report back later.
:D

Last edited:

mitchellvii

Jul 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
www.executivedecision.biz
Hmm ok well sounds kinda true but some question as to whether it applies only to preorders? My guess is it will apply also on launch day since there is no mention of this online when preordering. But then again he said that didn't he. Amazing even the Samsung rep didn't know the deal for sure. As I said, clueless.

Wonder if bestbuy will match Sears free case offer?

Last edited:
Reactions: Alexpride

Alexpride

Mar 5, 2011
Hmm ok well sounds kinda true but some question as to whether it applies only to preorders? My guess is it will apply also on launch day since there is no mention of this online when preordering. But then again he said that didn't he. Amazing even the Samsung rep didn't know the deal for sure. As I said, clueless.

Wonder if bestbuy will match Sears free case offer?

Thanks for informing us about those deals. !
I have noticed that sears.com says it's with an online purchase you get the free case.

clintonroche

Feb 15, 2008
Tampa
Did they have any in the store on display yet?

I would love you fondle one a bit before I order them...LOL

---------- Post added at 03:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:58 PM ----------

Looks like it is on display at select stores already. Maybe I will take a field trip tomorrow...LOL

y5yvuha9.jpg

Last edited:

sillyphillie

Jul 7, 2009
is it up to 100$ or 100$ guaranteed for any working tablet?

OK so I went to the store and what a cluster****.at first they had no idea of what I was talking about even though the Samsung rep told me about the offer. After several minutes of haggling they finally found a flyer confirming the offer...but of course they couldn't ring it through the system. They took my older samsung tablet and told me the manager will take care of me on the release date. Anyway... the offer is there but I suggest you wait until Friday as the rep was wrong and it's not just a pre-order offer but it does end on Saturday. Go on the release day with your old tablet and you will be good.

---------- Post added at 08:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:21 PM ----------

Oh yeah and the offer says at least 100 for any working tablet. I'm getting 100 for a galaxy tab 2 7.0 that's worth alot less.

---------- Post added at 08:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:24 PM ----------

Did they have any in the store on display yet?

I would love you fondle one a bit before I order them...LOL

---------- Post added at 03:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:58 PM ----------

Looks like it is on display at select stores already. Maybe I will take a field trip tomorrow...LOL

Yes it was on display at the best buy I went to. What an amazing screen but the touch wiz lag was just as bad as the tab pro. I'll be looking to root it as soon as possible and get the bloat and other crapware off ASAP

cpete47

Jun 25, 2014
I was also able to confirm the trade-in discount at a Best Buy near Atlanta. They don't, however, include the free case which I intend to buy anyway.

I originally pre-ordered the 8.4 from Samsung, which turns out to be the marginally better deal, considering the free case, no sales tax, the cost of a throwaway tablet, and cash back from fatwallet.

I had a lot of hands on time with both tablets today. I was initially set on buying the 8.4, but I'm waffling now between the two. The screens on both tablets are stunning. But it's even more striking on the 10.5 because of the size. It also felt so much lighter in hand than I expected-- so that's the dilemma I have; I would prefer a larger screen, but not at the consequence of comfort using it as an e-reader. I though that with the case, the 10.5 may be a little to heavy for my primary use cases but after feeling the device my opinion might be changing.

goofydragon1

Oct 4, 2010
Is there an offical advertisment, I spoke to two Samsung Reps at two different Best Buys that is offering the test drive and they do not know anything about the offer. They both mention that I can go and trade-in my tablet and well give me a value. I'll be trading a HP Touchpad

sillyphillie

Jul 7, 2009
Is there an offical advertisment, I spoke to two Samsung Reps at two different Best Buys that is offering the test drive and they do not know anything about the offer. They both mention that I can go and trade-in my tablet and well give me a value. I'll be trading a HP Touchpad

Here you go.. I wasn't supposed to get this sheet and post it but screw Best Buy. Take this to the store and you are golden.

kmeleon77

Sep 26, 2013
Has anyone had any success trading in a very basic tablet? I have a double power cheapo android tablet that I bought to use for a little project that I no longer need. I can't imagine they'll take it but it might be worth a shot:)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I467 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Here you go.. I wasn't supposed to get this sheet and post it but screw Best Buy. Take this to the store and you are golden.
    Yep, was just talking to the Samsung dude at Bestbuy and he told me they will take any working tablet as a trade-in and give you $100 off a shiny new Tab S.

Not bad.
    The BestBuy local to me honored the request yesterday. I got a 50$ coupon and $50 off. I traded in a generation 1 Nexus 7 tablet (32GB). I had the original box, but lost the charger. I upgraded to the 10.5" Galaxy Tab S (Bronze) with 32GB. Very nice table :)
    As a followup, I went to the best buy community forum ant posted my issue. Within 24 hrs they responded saying they had communicated the proper promotion rules to my store. I wen t back in, they took my worthless Archos Gen 8 and gave me the 50 dollar gift card and 50 dollar coupon. I now have my new tab s 8.4 that I will be comparing side by side with the tab pro and returning one or ft he other.

Anyone having issues with trade in should post on the best buy forum
    Would this be available at any best buy? Who do I talk to about this?

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk