Updated Samsung Gear Apps store

Search This thread

tradlos

Jul 30, 2003
Stockholm
I just got a complete new Samsung Gear Apps store installed, seems to be quite new since version number is 14070105.01.21.1 (se pict below). Hopefully its solves some of the questions regarding distribution that I have noticed in some threads. There are now more then 300 apps listed in the toplist/most downloaded section. The only negative detail I have noticed is that all apps inside the store now are dated 9 july (instead of ordinary date probably due to a change of database). There is now, among other improvements, also a possibility to like an app so why not tell all good developers out there that they have done a good job by clicking the heart icon!

Last edited:
Reactions: winny57
I too got the updated app store this morning. Its now listed as Galaxy Apps. However, I still have probably less than 30 apps available in the store. Its disappointing. When I had my watch paired to my S3, I had a lot of apps available. I just recently upgraded to the S5 Active, and am now down to a paltry few.

tradlos

Jul 30, 2003
Stockholm
I too got the updated app store this morning. Its now listed as Galaxy Apps. However, I still have probably less than 30 apps available in the store. Its disappointing. When I had my watch paired to my S3, I had a lot of apps available. I just recently upgraded to the S5 Active, and am now down to a paltry few.
Are you on a Tizen upgraded Galaxy Gear 1?

dazkeirle

Jun 20, 2009
I was ready to trash this saying same old amatuer trash, however, there appears to be some cool new content in there. Especially in games.

It really needs us, the users, to accurately rate things to get a better picture of what is available.

I really wish some of the larger services would support though.

tradlos

Jul 30, 2003
Stockholm
Are you on a Tizen upgraded Galaxy Gear 1?

Sorry, I should have stated it in my original post. I'm on a Gear 2 Neo.

OK - I didn't really think of the actual problem until I read it again, it must be that Samsung don't run some scripts on the Apps DB to update the activation matrix for the combination of new devices (like your new S5 active). There must be a lot more than 30 apps that just depends on the Gear device (that would not need any changes by the developers or the certification process). It's like telling those who by a new device to please wait dont buy it yet. In the end it seems that Samsungs choice trying to incorporate as much quality checks as possible for the Gear line also includes some drawbacks.. hope they figure this out quickly!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I just got a complete new Samsung Gear Apps store installed, seems to be quite new since version number is 14070105.01.21.1 (se pict below). Hopefully its solves some of the questions regarding distribution that I have noticed in some threads. There are now more then 300 apps listed in the toplist/most downloaded section. The only negative detail I have noticed is that all apps inside the store now are dated 9 july (instead of ordinary date probably due to a change of database). There is now, among other improvements, also a possibility to like an app so why not tell all good developers out there that they have done a good job by clicking the heart icon!