[Q] LiquidSmooth ROM

Search This thread

sabapathee

Sep 2, 2014
Hi all,

Am new to this forum, I've installed the latest version of Liquid Smooth over the weekend and am impressed by the speed my device now runs.
One glitch that I've noticed is that if the battery is completely dead it simply wont charge. But I've placed that same battery into my other non rooted S3 GT-i9305 and it started charging again. Anyone else had the same issue and may be a solution for it?

Regards,
Andy

Hi all,

Am new to this forum, I've installed the latest version of Liquid Smooth over the weekend and am impressed by the speed my device now runs.
One glitch that I've noticed is that if the battery is completely dead it simply wont charge. But I've placed that same battery into my other non rooted S3 GT-i9305 and it started charging again. Anyone else had the same issue and may be a solution for it?

Regards,
Andy
Do you mean "appears" to be not charging when you switch it off and connect charger? If so, it is a well known bug, google it and you'll see

woodman

Moderator Emeritus
Jul 21, 2012
🌲 France
OnePlus 7T
Hi all,

Regards,
Andy

When you plug the phone while OFF, the animation is stuck, it's a known issue on current AOSP roms (excepted for latest SLIMKAT build AFAIK), but even if there is no charging animation, it's really charging. That's what I've noticed on Liquid Smooth and other ROMs and also what I've read on XDA for other users.
To restart the phone (because it's stuck), push the power button for approximately 10 seconds without removing battery.

sabapathee

Sep 2, 2014
When you plug the phone while OFF, the animation is stuck, it's a known issue on current AOSP roms (excepted for latest SLIMKAT build AFAIK), but even if there is no charging animation, it's really charging. That's what I've noticed on Liquid Smooth and other ROMs and also what I've read on XDA for other users.
To restart the phone (because it's stuck), push the power button for approximately 10 seconds without removing battery.

You guys are quick thanks for the fast response. Well the phone was off as the battery was dead. However just before going completely off it was stuck in a reboot loop. I've then removed the battery, placed in back in and then put the phone on change for about 10 mins and tried turning on the device again. The animation battery was displayed but did not display the green stuff. Tried turning on again after another 5 mins still no luck.

But when I've placed the battery in my other S3 it stated changing again. So I ended doing a battery swap on the device.

Regards,
Andy

woodman

Moderator Emeritus
Jul 21, 2012
🌲 France
OnePlus 7T
You guys are quick thanks for the fast response. Well the phone was off as the battery was dead. However just before going completely off it was stuck in a reboot loop. I've then removed the battery, placed in back in and then put the phone on change for about 10 mins and tried turning on the device again. The animation battery was displayed but did not display the green stuff. Tried turning on again after another 5 mins still no luck.

But when I've placed the battery in my other S3 it stated changing again. So I ended doing a battery swap on the device.

Regards,
Andy

Offline charging seems to be disabled with aftermarket AOSP roms (unfixable kernel issues ??), so when you totally discharge the battery you end up in a boot loop : the phone starts up when you plug it in and it attempts to start. It wont fully boot because it runs out of juice then it attempts to start up again and it keeps going in this loop.

You have 2 choices if you drain the battery totally with this kind of ROM.
1- Take the battery out and put it in some other charger. It's YOUR current workaround.
2- Plug it in to a charger and hold down power + home + vol up to enter in recovery and let it sit in that mode for a few minutes then reboot the phone.

Let us know if it works for you :)

Last edited: