Titanium Backup ?

Search This thread
Backup exists, I can't restore

Hi, I'm using a Vibrant, with Bionix Nextgen V2. I just restored my phone to factory settings, formatted internal SD, then copied my backup folder, along with my license to sd root, then flashed Bionix as I've done at least half a dozen times before. Titanium sees all of my backups, but refuses to restore any of them. I've read this entire thread, made sure all the settings are correct, pointed titanium at the correct folder, upgraded superuser, busybox (on the older version) and I can't get anything to work. I am fairly sure the apps are actually there, the titaniumbackup folder is 502 mb.

joel.bourquard

Retired Recognized Developer
Sep 7, 2009
Hi macruadhi,

When you say TB refuses to restore any of your backups, what do you mean exactly? Does the "restore" button not appear when you click on a backup? Do you see the correct icons for every app in the list?

The apps that are not installed have the typical line through them, the names are com.appdeveloper.appname. When I try to manually restore an app, I only have the option to delete the backup. And no icons are shown on those that are unrestorable.

joel.bourquard

Sep 7, 2009
You seem to be a long-time user so perhaps my question is stupid - but are you sure these aren't data-only backups? Also if no icon appears it's definitely not normal. I'd recommend that you report this to support --at-- titaniumtrack.com and include a screen shot if possible...

vil-2

Jan 25, 2011
Paris
Hi,
I can't install my pro version after a wipe.
I hâve a notification by Tb saying there is a problem w ith my license and asking for a check of my order.
The app stays on free version of course. I tried To reinstall, reboot, check wiki... nothing worked. That's weird because My previous flashes and wipes did not triggered Such bugs...

Any tips, someone?

eezdva

Jun 24, 2011
Amsterdam
I have one question. It backsup and restores great.

Just one question . Once restored. I can't update an app in the android market???

concreteman

Jul 5, 2008
Auckland
Msg for Joel

Hey Joel - paid for pro a few days ago via paypal - still waiting for Pro key.
Please PM me or reply to my e-mail i sent you.

joel.bourquard

Sep 7, 2009
Hey Joel - paid for pro a few days ago via paypal - still waiting for Pro key.
Please PM me or reply to my e-mail i sent you.
Hi,
If you haven't received anything it's most probably a spam filtering issue. In that case please send an e-mail directly from the contact information shown on the Market. Thanks!

efbld2f

Oct 2, 2011
I know you probably get bombarded with help requests being the dev and all, so I won't hold it against you if you never see this. Basically, my phone is thoroughly stuck at the white HTC screen and factory wipe, Titanium backup, etc. isn't allowing me to get past it. Does Titanium support importing a new update.zip from elsewhere (web, etc.)? I have searched a lot and found no reference to doing this. If you need any more data or info, please let me know. Inc2.

joel.bourquard

Sep 7, 2009
Hi,
If you have the ClockworkMod recovery, you'll be able to wipe the data from the recovery menu. In case you don't, you might be able to connect with "adb logcat" from a computer during the boot sequence to see what's wrong. Once you saw which app is misbehaving (let's say its package name is "com.x.y"), you should try:

adb shell
su
rm -rf /data/data/com.x.y

Be careful with the last command because if typed incorrectly, it could erase everything on your phone including the SD card.

efbld2f

Oct 2, 2011
Thank you. However, I successfully flashed with a rom. Slower than a fat chick, but at least it got the phone running.

And Titanium didn't in fact loose anything (despite the wipes and missing backups and everything else I did to my phone) which was great. It's definitely the best backup app out there.

eeeemc

Jan 12, 2011
Hi Jon,

I would recommend that you try once again by following the exact instructions from the Licensing section of the Wiki:

http://matrixrewriter.com/wiki/

If the problem persists then I'd recommend that you e-mail Titanium Track directly at: support ++at++ titaniumtrack ++dot++ com, and attach the license file you have.

Thanks!

Hi Jon & all,

Am using the Tb pro, I successfully "convert to user app" --> gmail & Android Market.

And, using TB pro "Move to SD card".

Right after moved to SD card, I still can pick up Gmail & the next day I wake up, restart my phone, I noticed the 2 apps was gone & I could harld find them back from TB pro 7 convert them to internet & now I am fine & they can use as before.

Question is, what would be the correct step in TB pro if I want to move some internal apps , bulid-in apps to SD inrder to save internal Ram space ? Now I still left the Google Map in the SD card which is unusable due to aforesaid reason.

Thank you.
Edmond.

joel.bourquard

Sep 7, 2009
Hi eeeemc,

There might be a problem with the secure app storage on your SD card. Try moving any other app to the SD card by using the built-in Applications screen from your device and see if that works...

In any case, converting system apps to user apps won't save any space. What you might want to do is integrate system app updates into ROM, if you use a custom ROM. You may also want to try integrating Dalvik cache for system apps, which can save a tremendous amount of space in some cases.

In my opinion, moving apps to the SD card should only be used as a last resort and only for non-critical apps.

sayem_unlimited

Oct 9, 2011
Dhaka
restoring problem

Hi guys,

i installed Lets golf 3 from market and did a backup with titanium Backup...
i accidentally uninstalled the game, but when i want to restore it, its telling restoring but taking ages and nothing happening... tried a couple of time already.

Any suggestions what should i do???

joel.bourquard

Sep 7, 2009
Hi guys,

i installed Lets golf 3 from market and did a backup with titanium Backup...
i accidentally uninstalled the game, but when i want to restore it, its telling restoring but taking ages and nothing happening... tried a couple of time already.

Any suggestions what should i do???
Hi,

Please ensure that "USB debugging" is enabled in your device settings and (more importantly) set the "Apps processing mode" to "AUTO, Indirect" in the Titanium Backup preferences.

sayem_unlimited

Oct 9, 2011
Dhaka
Originally Posted by joel.bourquard View Post

Hi,

Please ensure that "USB debugging" is enabled in your device settings and (more importantly) set the "Apps processing mode" to "AUTO, Indirect" in the Titanium Backup preferences.

Hi,

I did as u described. But Restoring process is still taking Ages saying, "Restoring App+Data" is running for more than 15 mins... any idea what to do????

trivium_warrior666

Mar 4, 2012
Hey Joel,

I have a problem, I accidentally uninstalled my stock camera app by mistake. I have a backup for it, but when I go to restore it it just stays in restoring app mode. Is there anyway you can help me? I'm only using the free version right now and i have no custom roms, I'm simply using the stock stuff

joel.bourquard

Sep 7, 2009
Hey Joel,

I have a problem, I accidentally uninstalled my stock camera app by mistake. I have a backup for it, but when I go to restore it it just stays in restoring app mode. Is there anyway you can help me? I'm only using the free version right now and i have no custom roms, I'm simply using the stock stuff
Hi,

Could you send me the backup or otherwise let me know the name of the APK? It would be helpful to know whether the APK got restored to /system/app (by Titanium Backup) or not.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,
    If you have the ClockworkMod recovery, you'll be able to wipe the data from the recovery menu. In case you don't, you might be able to connect with "adb logcat" from a computer during the boot sequence to see what's wrong. Once you saw which app is misbehaving (let's say its package name is "com.x.y"), you should try:

adb shell
    su
    rm -rf /data/data/com.x.y

Be careful with the last command because if typed incorrectly, it could erase everything on your phone including the SD card.
    Hi !

I'm the Titanium Backup developer.

For those who have problems with reliability (especially for the app restoration) I would recommend to try the "Problems?" button in the app which will download and install a known good version of busybox. This simple step usually annihilates most problem cases :)

e3zippo: thanks by the way for being a donator ! Just a question, I saw your post on the MoDaCo forum thread (sorry I can't post proper links as a new user. URL is: android.modaco.com/content/software/297171/new-software-that-can-backup-restore-all-settings-of-any-apps/ ) which led me to believe that everything worked fine for you. So which of your posts is the most up-to-date ? I assume you first had problems and then they got sorted out ?

Thanks,

Joël
    Flash via recovery.
    I am really struggling with TB. I've looked all over the internet forums and even youtube videos and everyone says the same procedure to transfer apps to new roms but it just does not work for me. I am on cm 10.1 running JB 4.2.1. I wanted to try out JellyBam rom 4.1.2. I backed up all my apps on CM and when flashed over to JellyBAM rom none of the apps are there on TB.I dont uderstand why they are not there. So I went back to CM rom through CWM recovery and tried moving the Apps to external SD card through TB. Then I flashed back to jellybam to move them from the EXT to internal and nothing. The only apps it shows are the new ones that came with JellyBam and I cannot recover any of my previous apps... anyone can tell how I can transfer them over =/ ..I know it would be an issue to transfer system apps since I am transferring to different android version but I am simply transferring downloaded apps. In the Restore missing apps with data option it says 0. any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Hi,

On your new device can you try MENU -> Preferences -> Backup location and hit DETECT? That might help.
    I am really struggling with TB. I've looked all over the internet forums and even youtube videos and everyone says the same procedure to transfer apps to new roms but it just does not work for me. I am on cm 10.1 running JB 4.2.1. I wanted to try out JellyBam rom 4.1.2. I backed up all my apps on CM and when flashed over to JellyBAM rom none of the apps are there on TB.I dont uderstand why they are not there. So I went back to CM rom through CWM recovery and tried moving the Apps to external SD card through TB. Then I flashed back to jellybam to move them from the EXT to internal and nothing. The only apps it shows are the new ones that came with JellyBam and I cannot recover any of my previous apps... anyone can tell how I can transfer them over =/ ..I know it would be an issue to transfer system apps since I am transferring to different android version but I am simply transferring downloaded apps. In the Restore missing apps with data option it says 0. any help would be greatly appreciated.

try to change the filter settings, you probably have it set to just show the installed apps

do this: Backup/Restore tab > Click to edit filters (top right, under schedules) and choose on the first line "Backed up" and "Unist." on the second

cheers ;)