Sticky Roll Up Thread - Please Post Sticky Requests Here

Search This thread

Quantumstate

Feb 6, 2010
Why not? As long as one ROM isn't favored over others.

It may be bad form but I offer my own thread here:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=33326113
Maybe alot of ppl here didn't need this info, but I sure did. If not useful for most, then I understand.

And if possible, why call them "stickies". Seems a little gross. More like 'pinned' threads.

surdu_petru

Recognized Contributor
Feb 3, 2010
Paris
Hi !

...good idea of ​​regrouping almost all Sticky Threads ! :good:

...but, I think we do not need any Sticky on Android Development !

Normally all Sticky Threads should be on General and Q&A section !

Why ?

- for a new user , also for many users : section General and Q&A are paramount ! - so, they will most visited in finding the news !!!

- Android Development - is for advanced users ( not need any sticky for them ! ) , and also for those who have previously passed through sections General and Q&A !

Good luck ! :good:

Reactions: sd_shadow

O_G

Retired Senior Moderator / Retired ET Admin
Jul 8, 2007
Why not? As long as one ROM isn't favored over others.

It may be bad form but I offer my own thread here:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=33326113
Maybe alot of ppl here didn't need this info, but I sure did. If not useful for most, then I understand.

And if possible, why call them "stickies". Seems a little gross. More like 'pinned' threads.

Using your own logic, to be fair i would have to stick all the ROMs. I dont get to say what there called, the admins choose sticky, so sticky it is. Added your thread to the list:good:

Hi !

...good idea of ​​regrouping almost all Sticky Threads ! :good:

...but, I think we do not need any Sticky on Android Development !

Normally all Sticky Threads should be on General and Q&A section !

Why ?

- for a new user , also for many users : section General and Q&A are paramount ! - so, they will most visited in finding the news !!!

- Android Development - is for advanced users ( not need any sticky for them ! ) , and also for those who have previously passed through sections General and Q&A !

Good luck ! :good:

Android development is not for advanced users, it is for development based threads. Most of the sticky threads here would help new users use the development section, hence the sticky threads. The point here to eliminate the need for these users to repeatedly ask the same question, keeping our great forum clean. There is no "elitism" here, we all want to learn and i hope help each other, thats the point of XDA.

Reactions: keith843 and Jack'O

Olao99

Feb 8, 2011
Hey, I believe that what should definitely be stickyd is the Safestrap thread. It is the most basic stuff (after root) in the Droid Razr world for android development. It is the base for almost every ROM, and new users could easily get disoriented when they access the top posts and read Safestrap all over the place without knowing what it is. Also, not so new users and senior users continuedly need to check on the thread due updates or bugs as said before it is the base for almost all ROMs here.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1391900

And the most basic thread that I believe should be in every Android development forum should be the root guide. There are many here but I believe that the one that is good easy to understand, and serves as an introduction is this one:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1710871

EDIT: Happy new year!

Last edited:

Tomsgt

Reactions: spc_hicks09

woonaval

Mar 3, 2009
OnePlus 8 Pro
I would like to request that this be stickied please!

JB OTA for the Motorola Droid RAZR / Maxx

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2069935

I posted exact instructions on how to manually flash it, as well as how to keep root permissions. In 5 days it already has over 6,000 views.

In the same line, it would be great to stick this one

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2078021

it's a step by step tutorial (with videos!) on how to flash the xt912 JB OTA in the Razr GSM (xt910).

HD2FORNICK

Mar 14, 2011
How about a including "how to find out what phone you have?" GSM, CDMA, Razr, Maxx, Blur, blah blah! It seems like this is a forum of too many confusing phones rolled together in one. Maybe a sticky that tells users which phone they have and which kernel, recovery, rom, etc. is compatible with their device would go a very long way.

Reactions: Prufta

Prufta

Oct 11, 2011
CAROLINA
How about a including "how to find out what phone you have?" GSM, CDMA, Razr, Maxx, Blur, blah blah! It seems like this is a forum of too many confusing phones rolled together in one. Maybe a sticky that tells users which phone they have and which kernel, recovery, rom, etc. is compatible with their device would go a very long way.

Another person with my concern, I thought I was alone!!!!

Ramdanih

Jun 16, 2010
Depok
This thread not useful..

what different subcribe thread with this thread???

If sticky, this thread must update and useful :confused:

spc_hicks09

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jan 23, 2011
Marion, OH
www.facebook.com

If you don't know what phone you have then you probably shouldn't be messing with it........ just saying. You should know the difference between GSM and CDMA before doing anything to your phone. All ROMs/mods/ whatever, also have CDMA or GSM tags in the topic title. If it doesn't say CDMA in the topic title, then it's probably not for CDMA phones. It's pretty common knowledge.

Sorry for being blunt, I just don't understand how people don't know what kind of phone they have.

Top Liked Posts