[ROM][JB 4.2.1][AOKP/CM10] ReVolt JB I9100 [NIGHTLIES][OTA]

Search This thread

metalgearhathaway

Oct 6, 2009
Cookley
Evening fine here but I am naughty and using dorimanx against the op's advice of kernel, here are my CPU spy stats for day :)

Screenshot_2013-02-11-20-46-43_zps0b0f9d2f.png

Screenshot_2013-02-11-20-46-55_zps8098a58c.png

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda app-developers app

Pancho3-3

Mar 6, 2008
Eindhoven
Mediascanner

Anyone getting high cpu usage? Tried better battery stats but that app hasn't worked for me in weeks. I presume it's media scanner. Usually is

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Talking about the mediascanner. This thing is already bothering me since the 4.1.2 releases. I tried many different roms, but this problem always came up. I now disable the mediastorage in startup and use the app 'Rescan Media Root'. But I hate to take these kind of measures. I have the feeling the problem became worse since I upgraded to a 32gb microsd but I'm not certain. Does anybody has a solution for this problem and does it happen on every phone? The weird thing is that it sometimes suddenly starts eating up my cpu/battery after being on for three days! So I have a perfect batterylife for three days and suddenly it drops to zero in 4 to 5 hours!.

Hopefully somebody has a solution for this.

Last edited:

diddly3000

Nov 10, 2011
headford
As per my signature, but yeah i'm on 7.47 but not found any bugs, but interested to know what bugs you encountered, I can see if I can reproduce them for you to validate your issue if you like :good:

I found the wifi performance on 7.47 to be very slow . high ping.but when I flashed another kernel it was fine again

Pummi678

Oct 22, 2012
Ulm
AW: [ROM][JB 4.2.1][AOKP/CM10] ReVolt JB I9100 [NIGHTLIES][OTA]

Hey John, the pie ui is bit different.
When i only enable 3 buttons tjey are so ..

usepunyb.jpg

Should it be in the mid ?
In 3.2 there was ..

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9100 mit Tapatalk 2

metalgearhathaway

Oct 6, 2009
Cookley
I found the wifi performance on 7.47 to be very slow . high ping.but when I flashed another kernel it was fine again

I am getting maximum 2.4ghz throughput with the kernel, no problems, the 5ghz performance is not perfect, but 5ghz never is that great, which band are you using? Are you sure that you are not wifi channel sharing with any neighbours? Do a check using wifi analyser free on the app store :

https://play.google.com/store/apps/...SwxLDMsImNvbS5mYXJwcm9jLndpZmkuYW5hbHl6ZXIiXQ..

---------- Post added at 09:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:48 PM ----------

Today's battery performance still seems totally epic, very happy, no more posting of battery stats now I promise :rolleyes:

Screenshot_2013-02-12-21-45-40_zps7d8ef6a8.png

Reactions: alen1901

diddly3000

Nov 10, 2011
headford
This rom with mcm siyah v5 latest is brilliant. I've had nothing but issues with dori kernel last few days. 7.40 bein most stable for me. 7.45 decided to lockup on lock screen and would not respond to screen press. 7.47 gave me wifi issues. On mcm siyah v5 now and everything smooth as silk. :D

Spiralzz

Aug 22, 2011
Boston
I'm getting freezes with dorimanx and mcm siyah 5 with stock settings :/ stock kernel is the best for me here... Wonder why...

Spiralzz

Aug 22, 2011
Boston
CM Kernel is the best kernel for Android 4.2.1 AOKP-Based ROMs

I know. Just wanted to tweak a few thing of personal preference, but they're not so important.

Anyways, great job on the ROM. First time I've ever considered staying on an AOKP ROM for quite long now. Usually I roll back to CM, but not now ;)

sam5154

Feb 16, 2011
Does anybody know how to change arabic font in 4.2.1? I do exact same thing that I did for plder version, but It ended up to something strange. arabic font replaced by a mixture of arabic anf somethink like Thai!!!!!!
the font I'm replacing is DroidNaskh-regular-SystemUI.apk

alex_5ruz

Jun 7, 2011
my WiFI suddenly cannot work this morning. i tried to reboot, remove the batttery and etc. but it still stuck at 'Turning Wi-fi On' screen.i also tried to reload the ROM by doing the clean install again but still failed to turn on the wifi..:confused:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

ReVolt-OP-Top.png

What is This ??
    This is a thread Specifically targeting ReVolt JB ROM's Nightlies for their Support, Releasing and Discussion. I created this thread for users to find and help in finding the bugs in Nightlies to be able to reach better builds.

Anything Else should I know ??
    Yeah, ReVolt ROM is known to have Aroma in it's builds .... Well in Nightlies, there won't be AROMA to facilitate the uploading of the ROM for me :) and to give us the option to have the SAME EXACT build !!

Finally
    I have some rules for the Nightlies, First, These builds aren't meant for people looking for Stable builds, Never change kernel that comes with it unless I asked for it, The builds will be released when I see that a Nightly is needed ..

Why ReVolt ROM ?
    ReVolt ROM is based on AOKP Source with Cherrypicks from CM. ReVolt ROM offers you smoothness, Stability. I will not say for Example that It's the Best ROM(Because Every Developer can Say whatever he wants about his ROM), You try it and let me know what you think ...

Please Don't Forget to donate if you like my Work ! :) Donate Here

op-installing.png

If coming from a Samsung Stock ROM:

1-Read this article on How to root your Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100 (Link)
    2-Wipe Data
    3-Wipe Cache
    4-Wipe Dalvik-Cache
    5-Format /system
    6-Flash ROM
    7-Flash GApps
    8-Wipe Cache / Dalvik-Cache
    9-Enjoy ReVolt ROM !!

If Coming from another Custom ROM:

1-Wipe Data
    2-Wipe Cache
    3-Wipe Dalvik-Cache
    4-Format /system
    5-Flash ROM
    6-Flash GApps
    7-Wipe Cache / Dalvik-Cache
    8-Enjoy ReVolt ROM !!

If Upgrading from an older ReVolt Nightly:

1-Wipe Cache
    2-Wipe Dalvik-Cache
    3-Flash ROM
    4-Flash GApps
    5-Wipe Cache / Dalvik-Cache
    6-Enjoy ReVolt ROM !!

If Upgrading from a 4.1.2 ReVolt Version and you want to flash a 4.2.1 Nightly:

1-Wipe Data
    2-Wipe Cache
    3-Wipe Dalvik-Cache
    4-Flash ROM
    5-Flash GApps
    6-Wipe Cache / Dalvik-Cache
    7-Enjoy ReVolt ROM !!

op-downloads.png

LINK TAKEN DOWN

op-changelog.png

Nothing to see here yet !
    op-bigthanks.png

1-XDA Developers
    2-bajee11 (Aroma Installation Files)
    3-AOKP Team
    4-CM Team
    5-Cyberboob (Logo / Wallpapers / Signatures / ReVolt ROM Thread Organization)
    6-BigDenn (Bootanimation)
    7-TheWierd (Download Center / Support)
    8-ReVolt ROM Supporters & Loyal Users ;)

op-donators.png

1-Laurencito
    2-schtiven
    3-adityawagle
    4-fgoyti
    5-adityawagle
    6-Bishal Pantha

op-videos.png

Review by Zedomax @GalaxyS2Root.com:

Review by galelo11 @YouTube: | | | | Review by MrSindo86 @YouTube:

Review by hypnobabes @YouTube:

Screenshots
    4.2.1 ones coming soon !
    FINAL_1.png

FINAL_2.png

FINAL_3.png

Signatures

rvsig1_zps94b2bc03.png
    rvsig2_zps83d7e7bb.png

rvsig3_zps27aede57.png
    rvsig4_zps973f0ef8.png

Social Networks
    Facebook Page
    Follow me On Twitter

New Nightly Released !! Enjoy ReVolt JB !!
    It is going to be founf here : goo.im/devs/Revolt/ReVolt_JB_I9100/Nightlies
    This one is 20120103 ..... Enjoy ReVolt JB !!
    20130107 nightly has been uploaded !! Bug Fixes, Multi-user ... Enjoy ReVolt JB !!

Yes this is for CM10.1, I will add it and it's other part .... Thanks for the idea :D
    Nightly Uploaded, Enjoy ReVolt JB !!!