Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

androidflea

Jul 24, 2010
It's been closed, and I was the guy who started the thread

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

celderic

Dec 1, 2010
sorry i did not realise it was closed, was looking at it lastweek. I was waiting for BTU.. decided to flash the latest polish release a few days ago instead, it seems very stable and i like the pen window improvements.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

androidflea

Jul 24, 2010
No worries, can't take this much waiting,

djrm

Nov 7, 2008
ffs i see the thread title and think its been released. They closed the other thread why do we need this one as well. Why not just start a thread when the thing is actually released.

androidflea

Jul 24, 2010
And how will you know? That's why this thread is here!
We need to know if it's kies or ota, and also we need to know which regions have it

npras42

Nov 7, 2011
Sheffield
My goodness. The other thread was closed by a mod because it was a complete waste of time after 1 month and because placeholders are not really allowed anyway.

Do you not think it's a bit foolish to open another one straight away... and again with a misleading thread title. There is no "England UK KitKat".

Your argument about how people will know when it is released is completely baseless. People will know because when it actually is released a thread can be made by anyone who first realises entitled "BTU KitKat 4.4.2 released OTA/Kies". In fact I can guess that when the release does occur that will happen anyway because the second any firmware is available there tends to be a slew of identical threads made to inform us 8 or 9 times that it has indeed been released.

Your stupid threads are in fact just getting in the way of real news and just clogging up the forum. Please close, delete and wait patiently like the rest of us. You are testing everyone's patience by changing titles misleadingly and now creating new threads. When you have something worthwhile let us know.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using xda app-developers app

gavinfabl

Mar 23, 2005
Dartmoor
gavinsgadgets.com
I don't see how this is a waste of space. There are no other threads dedicated to the UK . I should have some more info to add soon as well. Otherwise you're reading about Poland and the US etc...

Personally I like having a thread for my country , how else would we be easily able to find info. The advanced searching isn't always the answer either.

B3311

Feb 16, 2011
Gelderd End, 1974
I don't see how this is a waste of space. There are no other threads dedicated to the UK . I should have some more info to add soon as well. Otherwise you're reading about Poland and the US etc...

Personally I like having a thread for my country , how else would we be easily able to find info. The advanced searching isn't always the answer either.

I agree. But you're missing the point - i.e. there is no "official UK" KK to discuss. The other threads - India, Malaysia etc - have something to discuss. Until then, I maintain that this thread is a waste of space. No news and nothing to gain from it.

Great thread title too. Can we expect "official" threads for the Welsh, Scottish and Ulsterians too?! Or have Samsung become even more region specific?

Last edited:

gavinfabl

Mar 23, 2005
Dartmoor
gavinsgadgets.com
I agree. But your missing the point - i.e. there is no "official UK" KK to discuss. The other threads - India, Malaysia etc - have something to discuss. Until then, I maintain that this thread is a waste of space. No news and nothing to gain from it.

Great thread title too. Can we expect "official" threads for the Welsh, Scottish and Ulsterians too?! Or have Samsung become even more region specific?

All that needs changing is the thread title and broaden the description of why it's around. The UK is a region for Samsung hence the BTU and why having a dedicated thread is helpful.

I do agree calling it England was not the best idea. I sent a pm to the thread creator asking him to modify the title and context to something more appropriate.

Jonny

Retired Forum Moderator
Jul 22, 2011
Thread closed as its a placeholder thread. Placeholder threads are not allowed, do not create another one.

Reactions: djrm
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    My goodness. The other thread was closed by a mod because it was a complete waste of time after 1 month and because placeholders are not really allowed anyway.

Do you not think it's a bit foolish to open another one straight away... and again with a misleading thread title. There is no "England UK KitKat".

Your argument about how people will know when it is released is completely baseless. People will know because when it actually is released a thread can be made by anyone who first realises entitled "BTU KitKat 4.4.2 released OTA/Kies". In fact I can guess that when the release does occur that will happen anyway because the second any firmware is available there tends to be a slew of identical threads made to inform us 8 or 9 times that it has indeed been released.

Your stupid threads are in fact just getting in the way of real news and just clogging up the forum. Please close, delete and wait patiently like the rest of us. You are testing everyone's patience by changing titles misleadingly and now creating new threads. When you have something worthwhile let us know.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using xda app-developers app

And how will you know? That's why this thread is here!
    We need to know if it's kies or ota, and also we need to know which regions have it

How will you know?

http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
    Thread closed as its a placeholder thread. Placeholder threads are not allowed, do not create another one.