[Q] Stock Recovery Only & Battery Life Issue

Search This thread

ddxBrandon

Mar 2, 2010
Eureka
Well, after scrubbing the forums, looks like the only way to flash stock recovery is to download the full image and unzip it. Not a tremendously hard task, but still, it would be nice if there was just a stock recovery file available for those with poor internet connections.

Second, it seems as though the battery in my phone is acting up, just like my Droid 4 did. I'll charge it fully, the battery will drain over the course of the day, and then it will continue to live on critical (!) battery life for the next 5 hours until I go to bed and plug it in.

Why does it do this? Why does my phone apparently not understand the battery capacity? If my phone is getting down to the point where it says critical, with the red exclamation point in the battery icon, why does it continue to operate for 5 hours? How do I fix this?

dray_jr

Jul 3, 2009
Fort Myers,FL
Well, after scrubbing the forums, looks like the only way to flash stock recovery is to download the full image and unzip it. Not a tremendously hard task, but still, it would be nice if there was just a stock recovery file available for those with poor internet connections.

Second, it seems as though the battery in my phone is acting up, just like my Droid 4 did. I'll charge it fully, the battery will drain over the course of the day, and then it will continue to live on critical (!) battery life for the next 5 hours until I go to bed and plug it in.

Why does it do this? Why does my phone apparently not understand the battery capacity? If my phone is getting down to the point where it says critical, with the red exclamation point in the battery icon, why does it continue to operate for 5 hours? How do I fix this?

well when your battery gets that low it kicks on battery saver and that should be why it last so long at critical.

as for the drain something is draining your battery very fast i would install gsam and try to find out what is draining your battery so fast. because i easily get a full day of use out of my phone.

ddxBrandon

Mar 2, 2010
Eureka
Battery Saver does turn on. However I usually disable it again because it's almost always at a point where I'm listening to Pandora. Battery Saver will kick on and Pandora will stop playing songs. (Pandora is not what drains my battery all day, i only listen to it when driving)

Even with Battery Saver disabled, it lasts a stupid long time on critical.

I'll try GSAM. It still doesn't account for the misrepresentation of the battery indicator.