Stuck at the galaxy screen just reboots

Search This thread

wishinew

Jan 12, 2007
ok i went to root my phone via odin.. said it took.. reset phone and blam.. power cycling..

says..

fy36zzal.jpg

then it resets and does it again

wishinew

Jan 12, 2007
I take it you fixed this

TWEAKED 2.0 ELEMENT V3.0 NOTE 3

THOUGHT I DID BUT NO.. I am able to some times get into the downloading mode by shorting a couple of pins in the phone with the back cover off.. i think it was hit and miss and im not 2 sure of what i was doing..
I followed the sdcard pin short method but it doesnt work every time..

but now im stuck with this constant rebooting..

BACARDILIMON

Jun 12, 2010
MASTIC BEACH NY
THOUGHT I DID BUT NO.. I am able to some times get into the downloading mode by shorting a couple of pins in the phone with the back cover off.. i think it was hit and miss and im not 2 sure of what i was doing..
I followed the sdcard pin short method but it doesnt work every time..

but now im stuck with this constant rebooting..

What recovery

wishinew

Jan 12, 2007
I think you have the wrong recovery. Your screen shows you have custom. You need to Odin flash either twrp or cwm philzs version

well i would give that ago if i could get to the downloading screen.. what you see in the(crappy) image is all i get.. it flashes that for a second or two and shuts off and does it again and it never just goes into recovery or downloading..

the blue words say - Recovery booting
the red words say- recovery is not seandroid enforcing
the yellow words say- set warranty bit: recovery

Last edited:

BACARDILIMON

Jun 12, 2010
MASTIC BEACH NY
well i would give that ago if i could get to the downloading screen.. what you see in the(crappy) image is all i get.. it flashes that for a second or to and shuts off and does it again and it never just goes into recovery or downloading..

the blue words say - Recovery booting
the red words say- recovery is not seandroid enforcing
the yellow words say- set warranty bit: recovery

Pull the battery for a min. Then install. Hold power home and volume down at same time and ur in download mode

Also how did you root. All the steps. What ROM did you flash what was you using before. What boot loader ?

Last edited:

wishinew

Jan 12, 2007
Pull the battery for a min. Then install. Hold power home and volume down at same time and ur in download mode

Also how did you root. All the steps. What ROM did you flash what was you using before. What boot loader ?

nothing doing that.. but if i plug the cable in.. it immediately power cycles that message..

BACARDILIMON

Jun 12, 2010
MASTIC BEACH NY

wishinew

Jan 12, 2007

all right.. i got it into downloading mode and i believe i know exactly what pins to short on the board to make it boot now..

so it says

could not normal boot
ddi : mmc_read failed

odin mode..

now can you link what file you recommend i flash please..

Last edited:

BACARDILIMON

Jun 12, 2010
MASTIC BEACH NY
all right.. i got it into downloading mode and i belive i know exactly what pins to short on the board to make it boot now..

so it says

could not normal boot
ddi : mmc_read failed

odin mode..

now can you link what file you recommend i flash please..

I did. Start the process all over from scratch. Use new downloads and where you can check md5

BACARDILIMON

Jun 12, 2010
MASTIC BEACH NY

wishinew

Jan 12, 2007
Are u setting Odin up properly

---------- Post added at 06:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:56 AM ----------

Download the Sammy firmware and go back to stock

yep its set up properly.. its writing to the phone now.. we shall see the out come.. but i do believe i hard bricked it.. so hopefully this works..
update: well i just brought my phone back from a hard brick with out the use of any special tools.. thanks man for the proper flash format..

Now my issue is no network.. time to dig into these nv items. any advice on unlocking the locked ones by chance?

Last edited:

wishinew

Jan 12, 2007