How to convert Chinese Xperia T2 Ultra Dualsim XM50H to a D5322 :)

Search This thread

klarmann

Dec 6, 2010
Hello,

perhaps other also bought a Chinese Xperia t2 Ultra Dual (Model XM50H). I bought mine last week in Beijing (2480 CNY with an additional 16GB MicroSD card) . It was a branded China Unicom Model.
That model comes with Software for Baidu but not with any Google Software. Language can be switched - but some dialogs still remain in Chinese - not really a problem but the main problem was it was not possible to install the Google Playstore. Installing the apk works - but the playstore does not open (perhaps other Google Software will be needed ...)

My solution was to go a different way - I unlocked the bootloader via Sony - installed the Clockworks Recovery and then tried first to install the Ultimate Rom V2 but got a boot loop :( I searched around the net and found the #GeekPakistan Website. They had an blog entry how to update the T2 ...
BTW - the Sony PC Companion showed my XM50h as D5322 and so I changed my plan and decided to flash the Australian stock rom ...
That worked like a charm and now I have a unbranded T2 Ultra Dual with all the Google stuff.

unfortunately I am not able to post external links here (not enough postes yet - so just search for Download 19.0.D.0.253 Android 4.3 Firmware ftf for Sony Xperia T2 Ultra on Google and you will find #GeekPakistans website - he has the links to flashtool an the australian rom in his post

Install Flashtool, put the T2 Firmware file into the firmware folder under the flashtool folder.
Start Flashtool64 as administrator on (Windows 7/8/8.1 x64 version)
Connect to phone in flash mode
connect your phone
power it on and hold down volume down key
select T2 firmware
wait ... the flasher Software prepares the firmware and after a while it start to flash the phone

After a while you should get a flash successful message
Disconnect the phone and power it on
China Unicom Branding is gone - phone starts with Sony and Xperia Logo
Wizard starts after a while with setting up a Google account ...

Remark: that all worked for me - no guarantee that it will work on others ...

Regards
Robert

Update: 2015-08-28: When you lock the bootloader again - you will receive the normal OTA Updates from Sony again ... so my phone is now on 5.0.2 Build 19.3.A.0.472 and I'm waiting for the update to 5.1.1. or 6 ...:D

Last edited:

Yuripa

Oct 27, 2008
I successfully flashed 3 phones xm50h china Unicom with that process. But I would like to know how to update and root in kitkat now any idea ?

klarmann

Dec 6, 2010
Hello,

my way to upgrade was this:

Use Flashtool - select BLU and relock bootloader
Close Flashtool
Reboot phone
start PC Companion
Accept update to Kitkat
Wait until update finish

ok - no root but official Sony 4.4.2 Kitkat update

Best regards
Robert

Yuripa

Oct 27, 2008
Successfully upgrade my phone to kitkat but with flashtool.
Another question where do u use your phone ? 3g work on your country ? Because I will use it in france soon.

wlax

Nov 2, 2014
Works perfect !!!

Hello,

perhaps other also bought a Chinese Xperia t2 Ultra Dual (Model XM50H). I bought mine last week in Beijing (2480 CNY with an additional 16GB MicroSD card) . It was a branded China Unicom Model.
That model comes with Software for Baidu but not with any Google Software. Language can be switched - but some dialogs still remain in Chinese - not really a problem but the main problem was it was not possible to install the Google Playstore. Installing the apk works - but the playstore does not open (perhaps other Google Software will be needed ...)

My solution was to go a different way - I unlocked the bootloader via Sony - installed the Clockworks Recovery and then tried first to install the Ultimate Rom V2 but got a boot loop :( I searched around the net and found the #GeekPakistan Website. They had an blog entry how to update the T2 ...
BTW - the Sony PC Companion showed my XM50h as D5322 and so I changed my plan and decided to flash the Australian stock rom ...
That worked like a charm and now I have a unbranded T2 Ultra Dual with all the Google stuff.

unfortunately I am not able to post external links here (not enough postes yet - so just search for Download 19.0.D.0.253 Android 4.3 Firmware ftf for Sony Xperia T2 Ultra on Google and you will find #GeekPakistans website - he has the links to flashtool an the australian rom in his post

Install Flashtool, put the T2 Firmware file into the firmware folder under the flashtool folder.
connect your phone
select T2 firmware
wait ... the flasher Software prepares the firmware and after a while it start to flash the phone

Regards
Robert

Many thanks Robert, I have been struggling to Root my T2 Ultra and was kind of concerned to flash the Australian firrmware and brick the phone. After reading your post and comments, it looks the best alternative to get rid of China Unicom and the chinese apps. As you said, worked like a charm...:D:D:D
I'm just sorry to say I purchased mine 2 weeks ago in China for only 1480 CNY, which makes this a real good deal.

Thanks for sharing ...I have already upgraded 2 phones using your suggestion...
Best,

Wlax

klarmann

Dec 6, 2010
Hello,

that's life :) You've got a very good price! BTW - when you lock the boot loader again - you'll be able to get the official Sony firmware updates - mine is actually running 4.4.3
Battery lifetime is really great - when i compare it with my old Samsung Galaxy S III

Best regards
Robert

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello,

connect your phone
    select T2 firmware

Regards
    Robert

Update: 2015-08-28: When you lock the bootloader again - you will receive the normal OTA Updates from Sony again ... so my phone is now on 5.0.2 Build 19.3.A.0.472 and I'm waiting for the update to 5.1.1. or 6 ...:D