[Q] what sdcard is supported razr m (max specs)

Search This thread

stras1234

May 14, 2014
`hey all, im looking to get a new sdcard for my razr m.
i want to know if i should stick to class 6 or get class 10
am i maxxed (pun intedned ;) ) at 32gb or is 64gb supported
TIA

DiamondJohn

Recognized Contributor
Aug 31, 2013
Sydney
`hey all, im looking to get a new sdcard for my razr m.
i want to know if i should stick to class 6 or get class 10
am i maxxed (pun intedned ;) ) at 32gb or is 64gb supported
TIA
I am running a Droid RAZR M XT905, using a 4.4.4 KitKat Carbon Rom, with an old 32GB SD Card (more on that later...) formatted as a 28GB Ext4 partition and 128MB Linux Swap partition; the rest lost in system use. I previously had a 64GB SD Card which worked fine, until I tried re-partitioning the card on my PC, and it failed (problem with SanDisk Ultra 64GB cards and partitioning, now waiting on my 3rd replacement to arrive... luckily it has a 10y warranty)

The moral of this story is that you can use a 64GB card (if running CM, did not try/remember stock, I actually used the 64GB SD Card in a previous Sony running JB). You have to know how much space you will need, and what you are prepared to pay. A local supermarket is selling a 32GB Class 10 card for < $19! I will get one and with my SD reader, its a cheap 32GB stick (without going on eBay and waiting for the post).

I have also read somewhere on these forums, that our phones cannot actually take advantage above Class 6 due to internal hardware; dont know if its true.

I know that I can get by on my 32GB card, but when I ran with 64GB, it was close to full.

Has anyone tested the 128GB SD card? I think it should work, and Sandisk have told me that it is not as "sensitive" to being repartitioned (they also said the extreme series is less "sensitive" to being repartitioned)

Top Liked Posts