[APP]TI-89 Calculator Emulator

Search This thread

ZeroManArmy

Nov 23, 2011
Colorado
A TI-89 emulator. Not TI-83, not TI-86 - TI-89.

SC20120215-173723_thumb.png
SC20120215-173735_thumb.png
SC20120215-173941_thumb.png

You need your own ROM to make it work. Got a calculator already? Pull the ROM and load it into Graph89. Don't have one? The ROM is located on THEIR website. Here.

App Link

Credit: Android Police

sacall

Jul 11, 2011
Very nice and welcome app.

For an alfa it works quite well in my SGS2 although the size of the calculator is a bit small.
The developer is aware of that and it should be solved on next releases.

The rom can be downloaded directly from the ti site:

h t t p://education.ti.com/calculators/downloads/US/Software/Search/Results?cp=4

Reactions: AznMTboy

ZeroManArmy

Nov 23, 2011
Colorado

For an alfa it works quite well in my SGS2 although the size of the calculator is a bit small.

h t t p://education.ti.com/calculators/downloads/US/Software/Search/Results?cp=4

I have already posted the ROM above.

Kuime

Feb 27, 2009
Boston
I got a black frame outside the screen, which makes the screen look smaller,how about u guys? I m using an htc amaze 4g, btw.
20120218221510.jpg

Last edited:

lotherius

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 12, 2009
Houston, TX
Google Pixel 6
Been using this for a few weeks now on my touchpad.

Friend of mine wants to use it in her tutoring job. She says that in actual use it is very slow. Is there any chance that there will be upcoming speed and performance improvements?

Sent from my HP Touchpad.

lebmb

Apr 3, 2007
Washington, DC
Awesome

I had the emulator on my old MDA like 4-5 years ago, and my teacher flipped out back then. I just graduated this summer so I won't be using it everyday but i already downloaded and gota dust off my TI to get the rom files, this brings back so many memories. awesome :)

armus

Feb 2, 2008
Montgomery, AL
this is the best news I got today. Been using Andy's 86 an making due (rarely carry my calculator into the field) Was hoping someone would make an emmy for the 89. btw, if not mentioned, the Titanium Rom appears to work. I haven't tried all of it out, of course, but the basic stuff does fine. Some thing's I'd change, the UI - the letters are a bit hard to read in purple. And the haptic feedback, I'd like to be able to turn off.

Reactions: Tho San Thanh Pho

bradleyw801

Jul 20, 2010
Salt Lake City
Would this app be capable of running assembly games? I know there are a million better games to play right from the android market, but just for the nostalgia of it all, I would love to load up some assembly games onto the calc emulator.

Anyone tried this?

archer174

Oct 8, 2010
The screen area on the Galaxy Nexus is really small, but the other UI components are normal sized. I'm guessing this is a resolution issue?

Last edited:

WolfV2

Dec 9, 2011
Colorado
It works great on my Kindle Fire running CM9. As others have said, it's not the best use of screen space - on my phone it's hardly usable, but on the Fire it's a big enough screen to be very nice, just like the real thing.

TheBadFish

Jun 27, 2008
South West
I was waiting for this since I own my Nexus S. Thank you so much for doing this.

Do you think it would be possible, to make this emu Voyage200 capable? It is the same hardware like the 89 but with a bigger screen and especially more keys.

Reactions: thor9934

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    A TI-89 emulator. Not TI-83, not TI-86 - TI-89.

SC20120215-173723_thumb.png
    SC20120215-173735_thumb.png
    SC20120215-173941_thumb.png

You need your own ROM to make it work. Got a calculator already? Pull the ROM and load it into Graph89. Don't have one? The ROM is located on THEIR website. Here.

App Link

Credit: Android Police

this is the best news I got today. Been using Andy's 86 an making due (rarely carry my calculator into the field) Was hoping someone would make an emmy for the 89. btw, if not mentioned, the Titanium Rom appears to work. I haven't tried all of it out, of course, but the basic stuff does fine. Some thing's I'd change, the UI - the letters are a bit hard to read in purple. And the haptic feedback, I'd like to be able to turn off.
    I was waiting for this since I own my Nexus S. Thank you so much for doing this.

Do you think it would be possible, to make this emu Voyage200 capable? It is the same hardware like the 89 but with a bigger screen and especially more keys.
    New version 0.0.5

V0.0.5 just uploaded to market

Zoom mode and vibrator on/off options.

Performance improvements

Donate link.

Thanks to the developer.