ATP with C3OK serial shows GPS on box

Search This thread

ElCamino

Feb 5, 2007
Just exchanged my C2OK serial TP at Best Buy because of the bad WiFi battery drain and got the C3OK serial ATP. I also noticed that it does show GPS on the box. Did Asus remove the GPS from the box in the prior TP? I didn't check the C2 box if it showed GPS.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda premium

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1334035189026.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1334035189026.jpg
    248 KB · Views: 216

haberbe

Mar 30, 2011
I have a c2ok also. How do you know that it has a battery drain issue? it appears like the battery on mine dies faster than i think it should, but maybe i am just paranoid. what sort of symptoms did you see on the battery drain issue? what sort of life was bad enough to know you had a serious problem?

elcom

Jun 21, 2008
OnePlus 7 Pro
Google Pixel 5
No GPS to be seen

Just exchanged my C2OK serial TP at Best Buy because of the bad WiFi battery drain and got the C3OK serial ATP. I also noticed that it does show GPS on the box. Did Asus remove the GPS from the box in the prior TP? I didn't check the C2 box if it showed GPS.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda premium

I have a c20. There is nothing on the box regarding gps.
Interesting....

ElCamino

Feb 5, 2007
I don't think it even really matters anymore. as far as i know, every box still says GPS. could be wrong though.

Yeah i wasn't to sure because I didn't check the other TP I took back, and then I read somewhere in these forums that GPS was removed from the box, but never bothered to check.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using xda premium

ElCamino

Feb 5, 2007
I have a c2ok also. How do you know that it has a battery drain issue? it appears like the battery on mine dies faster than i think it should, but maybe i am just paranoid. what sort of symptoms did you see on the battery drain issue? what sort of life was bad enough to know you had a serious problem?

After I got the .21 update, I noticed that I could no longer get the same 10 to 12 hours I was getting. At first when I got my TP I tested for a weekend and was able to go through the whole day basically almost none stop using the TP, and after the .21 update I was only getting 6 hours and that was pushing it. A few times it even drained on its own just sitting and me using it for about an hour.

I did some test and posted in the threads that I was able to narrow the drain to my home Linksys router. At work I have set up a Cisco router for the office use and I can go 8 hours with no problem. The .21 update might be trying to have the WiFi push more to connect and depends on WiFi routers, its causing more battery drain on the TP. This is just my case, can't say if this is happening with others.

ElCamino

Feb 5, 2007
I have a c20. There is nothing on the box regarding gps.
Interesting....

Maybe Asus has improved the GPS and WiFi on the C3OK models and feel confident that the GPS and WiFi is much better.

I just tested the WiFi and it is way better than my C2O was. On the C2O, my signal was in the -79db and in the same place and same router with the C3OK model, it is from -58 to -61. This is nice. For some reason the back of this transformer prime feels much thinner than the previous version. When you tap the back it feels much thinner by the sound. Maybe its just me.

chazam

Nov 26, 2005
Thurrock
gplus.to
I have a worldwide C30KASxxxxxxx model with no mention of GPS on the box.

TF201,GRAY,GL,1G LPDDR2
T30,32GB EMMC,CB-802.11/bgn(AS)_WW+BT2.1
1.2M/8M CAMERA,2CELL3380
ANDROID WW,MOBILE,2CELL2940

jonlad1

May 11, 2010
Why can't gary/asus just tell us which revision has been improved?

When we know for sure that's when I will purchase.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA

Reactions: beekay201

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Why can't gary/asus just tell us which revision has been improved?

When we know for sure that's when I will purchase.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA