[Q] How to uninstall google maps

Search This thread

krispin

Account currently disabled
Sep 24, 2007
GB
meettomy.site
Please, knows somebody, how to uninstall preinstalled google maps from mediapad? I cant find app in system/apps and Titanium Backup is no way.:confused:

dakshithaw

Dec 2, 2006
Colombo
any luck

sorry to bump an old thread but has anybody succeeded in removing the stock maps apk? I need to install a re-engineered version cos navigation is not enabled in my country.

dakshithaw

Dec 2, 2006
Colombo
Not working

Your tablet needs to be rooted to remove system apps. After that you should be able to use Titanium backup or any root explorer to remove the app.

Hi, I have already rooted my tab. When I try to use Titanium backup or Root explorer, it says that I cant remove the app because it's read only.

On a lighter note, I hate how my name has been "censored" :eek:

isolated_epidemic

Sep 15, 2007
Spokane, WA
Hi, I have already rooted my tab. When I try to use Titanium backup or Root explorer, it says that I cant remove the app because it's read only.

On a lighter note, I hate how my name has been "censored" :eek:

Interesting... Are you running a custom ROM, or stock? Second, when using Root Explorer, did you make sure to hit the itty bitty "Mount R/W" button at the top of the file list? Third, have you tried "freezing" the app with Titanium Backup instead of deleting, sometimes that works. Otherwise, you may have to try ADB to remove or rename the apk, or see if someone has a flashable zip for the custom maps apk you need.